The Falkirk FC Thread

21 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

3rd in the league and as you say he helped. Seems to have done nothing of note since mind you. Managing that behemoth of the footballing world Barbados just now.

Applied for, and didn't get the Alloa job. His track record as a manager is poor. Campaign to get him the Falkirk job hinged on him drinking with a few folk in BTW, nowt to do with managerial ability. We dodged a bullet there.

28 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Many of the papers reporting this morning that lockdown is here until spring time. With our FM normally one step in front of the UK gov, it’s probably a given that today she’ll announce more or less the same. Looking like it’s summer footy to see out this season or the dreaded null & void. 

I don’t think it’s necessarily sensible to link coming out of lockdown and the resumption of football.

We were still playing football in Tier 4 areas in November/December which was effectively a lockdown. 

There should be a push to resume games once the numbers reduce to the sort of levels we were seeing when the tier system was introduced, IMO.

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

When did "the optics" replace "how it looks" in the British vocabulary?     

Around the same time people started saying "going forward" instead of "in future" and the ultimate hellish trio; starting sentences with "So...", missing out the s at the end of maths, and using the nonsense word "anyways".

make that hellish trio a hellish quartet; you can add every commentator's new en vogue - "Just about..."  from me.  As in "De Gea just about saved that shot..."  or "United just about saw off the danger..."  etc etc etc.  Feck me, either he effing saved it or he didn't. 

Around the same time people started saying "going forward" instead of "in future" and the ultimate hellish trio; starting sentences with "So...", missing out the s at the end of maths, and using the nonsense word "anyways".

You missed the most irritating of all......we no longer “call” someone, or “talk to” someone. We now “reach out”.
Endless horrible house shows. It’s no longer a “fabulous room”, it’s a “fabulous space”.

35 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

A local irritation is when a shop assistant concludes the transaction by saying ‘see you later’ when there is no chance of that happening within a short timespan as would be indicated by using the word ‘later’.

I don't understand - why would it happen in a short timescale?  

2 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

make that hellish trio a hellish quartet; you can add every commentator's new en vogue - "Just about..."  from me.  As in "De Gea just about saved that shot..."  or "United just about saw off the danger..."  etc etc etc.  Feck me, either he effing saved it or he didn't. 

You can thank Andy Townsend for that one, Clive.

On 18/01/2021 at 10:59, Shadwell Dog said:

He was never going to come back. The sooner people accept this and move on the better. Second times around hardly ever work out anyway. Better to look ahead and not back. He'll do ok at county as they've got piles of dough but too much went on at the end of his time here for him to come back.

He definitely wanted the job at Falkirk. Even if he wasn't as successful as last time he'd have been better than dumb and dumber. 

He definitely wanted the job at Falkirk. Even if he wasn't as successful as last time he'd have been better than dumb and dumber. 

And to think just a few weeks ago you were taunting other clubs fans by how many points we would win the league by.
Pretty dumb of you IMO.....

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Watching Holt’s interview, he’s saying he’ll be giving M and M tools to win games each week I.e tactical analysis, plan b and c, suggesting which players to play...a lot more hands on than I thought...

Certainly not a bad thing and I actually have a feeling Holt could turn out to be a good appointment in this role, but it does beg the question...what the f*ck are M&M doing to justify their salaries?

27 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Watching Holt’s interview, he’s saying he’ll be giving M and M tools to win games each week I.e tactical analysis, plan b and c, suggesting which players to play...a lot more hands on than I thought...

Interestingly also mentions that he has approached the person he wants in as a development coach. Wonder who that may be. 

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

There’s a good Facebook page I’m on - golf courses of Scotland - and whenever someone describes a course as a “fantastic track” I want to be sick

I’m on that as well and that phrase gives me the boak  as well!

btw what track do you play?

43 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I’m on that as well and that phrase gives me the boak  as well!

btw what track do you play?

Don’t live in Scotland atm so nowhere up there, was a west lothian GC member as a youngster, been a member at bruntsfield in edin for a while. Dad is member at western gailes, if I have to use the words “great track” it would be about that place - brilliant every time I get the chance to play it. 

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

And to think just a few weeks ago you were taunting other clubs fans by how many points we would win the league by.
Pretty dumb of you IMO.....

Still not caught on to what shithousery is have you?