The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It was nothing to do with Stainrod. Farid’s agent was an Italian guy who Pressley played with at Hearts? Where do you think all managers get the tip offs about players? Connections maybe?

Yes connections and/or some good fortune

"But Farid has revealed he was an unknown when he joined up with the Bairns – because he was a last minute replacement for another striker whose trial fell through".

Had Winters' signing not fell through at the last minute we'd never have known Farid.

I am not knocking Pressley actually, I quite liked him as Falkirk boss.     

24 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Can we maybe all agree Pressley wasn’t as bad as some are making out and wasn’t as good as others are making out. How about that? 

Apart from a six month spell he was dreadful. No one took him seriously after telling everyone we’re weren’t going down. Pressley was  eccentric and on the spectrum, he thought/thinks he knows everything about everything and I for one was delighted to see the back of him.
Crazy b*****d..

17 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Back then (and as I posted on here) Pressley was for me, a guy who could pick a player, but a guy who couldn’t build a team to save himself.

Not in the least surprised that Maddison sees him as important in his early years. I think that’s where he was very good....helping younger players develop.

I can remember Rhys Bennett’s debut for us, and on that day, he certainly didn’t look like a dud. Whether we like it or not, the few and far between quality players we have had in the last 8 to 10 years can pretty much all be traced back to Pressley......but as a manager in the dugout? No thanks.

Bennett hardly played for us, he's had a decent career lower league but Pressley never got a tune out of him, played him right back too.

Pressley has/had the gift of the gab but couldn't deliver what his mouth said.

11 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Can we maybe all agree Pressley wasn’t as bad as some are making out and wasn’t as good as others are making out. How about that? 

Yep his last season had us bottom of the championship one win in the first quarter....I wanna get back to the championship but if that's what some of us miss, then covid has hurt some folks memory.  He was horrific and his last season was as bad as we won't get relegated begining.

A complete mouthpiece that had the press and media wet/erect and obviously some of our fans, his record as a manager shows he couldn't deliver, an article with a 16yr old praising him seems to be his greatest achievement to date is clutching at straws big style.

Midweek away to Morton defending if our life depended on it, going more defensive than Levein for Scotland to get that impossible point, fist pumping like he'd won the greatest prize in football. If there was a spoon and drugs at cappielow that night(good chance tbh),I'd have used the spoon to guage out my eyes and cappielow was not a one off.

In the above game, we could've won our next 4 games including the above and went top albeit with playing a game more but Pressley always seen a point away as an amazing result no matter the opposition.

Edited by MrDust

See if we have to wait until August to start a third season in League 1, having not had a proper crack at getting out of it, and still have to jump through hoops to attend a match, if we can even attend at all, I think I will be done with it.

Beyond pissed off and realising that being at the games is pretty much the be all and end all of being a fan. Anyone else think similar?

8 hours ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Apart from a six month spell he was dreadful. No one took him seriously after telling everyone we’re weren’t going down. Pressley was  eccentric and on the spectrum, he thought/thinks he knows everything about everything and I for one was delighted to see the back of him.
Crazy b*****d..

What spectrum is that?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

See if we have to wait until August to start a third season in League 1, having not had a proper crack at getting out of it, and still have to jump through hoops to attend a match, if we can even attend at all, I think I will be done with it.

Beyond pissed off and realising that being at the games is pretty much the be all and end all of being a fan. Anyone else think similar?

Apologies for the intrusion on the thread, but not much else happening at this level bar reading other clubs threads....

Im feeling a bit like this as well tbf. I guarantee my wee boy wants to go back when we are allowed back in to games and that's the ONLY reason I'll be going back . All this shite happening has made me realise, I don't actually miss the football like other folk do, its a good couple of hours out and time with the wee man and a bit of adult conversation with the guys round about, but apart from that, can I honestly say my lifes worse off without going to the games? Probably not.

9 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

No. He was an atrocious manager for us and every other club he has been involved with.

On an unrelated note - horrific to think that Yogi was basically begging to be our manager right before we appointed McCracken and Miller. If we had given it to him there's a very decent chance we'd not have this navel gazing about that failure Pressley and would instead be talking about our chances of making the playoffs in the Championship. 

9 hours ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Crazy b*****d..

To be fair, he also had a couple of winning streaks in the time before he left as well, which probably helped him get a good job. 

Things like “pishy brown shoes”, fist pumping unnecessarily, the way he talked and basically some of his antics make it easier to tag him as “atrocious” etc and overlook some positives.

I can see why you think that, but personally I miss it more than ever right now.

Not going to the game is crap, but it’s still 10x better than no football at all. Being able to sit at work on a Monday or Tuesday and being able to think hmmm I wonder if sammon at left wing would work, why can’t Mcracken coach 2 Centre backs to defend any form of cross, is dowds actually awful or has he been unlucky, is a good escape for me. 

The football standard is shit but I can’t wait for it to be back, in any form

Nope, spot on and you’re far from the first fan to say this or something along the same lines. For some it’s purely about watching the game in-situ but for the vast majority it’s a combination of the football itself and the social aspect of it. 

26 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Nope, spot on and you’re far from the first fan to say this or something along the same lines. For some it’s purely about watching the game in-situ but for the vast majority it’s a combination of the football itself and the social aspect of it. 

I mean, I go to games on my own now probably more often than I am with anyone. Last season I was at more away games than I was home ones I think, certainly think I had figured out the season before was more away than home and primarily on my jack. 

You get speaking to folk around you but it's never been the social aspect for me of late. It's all about being there, shouting the odds, being part of it. Falkirk FC dont feel like a part of my life in this setup. Being a Falkirk fan, that disconnect is maybe even more understandable for us given the sheer volume and turnover of the last 2 years, but in general, I am becoming less interested with every week that I cant actually be there. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I mean, I go to games on my own now probably more often than I am with anyone. Last season I was at more away games than I was home ones I think, certainly think I had figured out the season before was more away than home and primarily on my jack. 

You get speaking to folk around you but it's never been the social aspect for me of late. It's all about being there, shouting the odds, being part of it. Falkirk FC dont feel like a part of my life in this setup. Being a Falkirk fan, that disconnect is maybe even more understandable for us given the sheer volume and turnover of the last 2 years, but in general, I am becoming less interested with every week that I cant actually be there. 

It's called getting old.

I can feel a big part of me missing. The fact I can feel that void though makes me certain it's something I will stick by.

Always hard to gauge tone over a message but see if you are properly struggling with not being there, send us a message and we can reminisce about the good times.