The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I don't think Pressley can get credit for "discovering" Farid either. I seem to recall he was recommended by Stainrod and do remember Farid and his agent hanging around TFS for days trying to get a deal, Pressley then finally agreed to sign him at the last minute just before the season started with what was left of his budget.

Will Vaulks came up and begged to be signed and would play for basically nothing - who would knock that back!

Two of his best signings which were everything to do with luck and not much to do with this talent for spotting players that he is being credited with.     

Was Farid or David Winters he had to choose from which shows the levels some of his signings were. 

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

One of the podcasts I listen to said that one possibility they were considering down south was to play the 2020-2021 season over two years.

Suspend the whole thing the now, bring it back in August and finish the season in May 2022.

There's no way if they suspend it the now it'll get finished before this summer anyway so pointless to try. Wait until after the Euros.

If it was played over 2 years (not a bad idea) would they extend it to 36 games again?

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

One of the podcasts I listen to said that one possibility they were considering down south was to play the 2020-2021 season over two years.

Suspend the whole thing the now, bring it back in August and finish the season in May 2022.

There's no way if they suspend it the now it'll get finished before this summer anyway so pointless to try. Wait until after the Euros.

Wouldn’t be against that. Extend season to 36 games, so 25ish each to play and keeps it fair. Start the season at a reasonable month this year (July or August), not fucking October - this virus will still be around in some form, and like any virus is seasonal - so December/Jan maybe at its “worst” again (people forget how many people die in a typical flu season) . 

In saying that, if clubs keep their cool, there should be ample time to finish this season. Fat chance of that, then 

8 minutes ago, third lanark said:

If it was played over 2 years (not a bad idea) would they extend it to 36 games again?

Yes, it's essentially a full domestic season, just played over two years.

I don't think Pressley can get credit for "discovering" Farid either. I seem to recall he was recommended by Stainrod and do remember Farid and his agent hanging around TFS for days trying to get a deal, Pressley then finally agreed to sign him at the last minute just before the season started with what was left of his budget.
Will Vaulks came up and begged to be signed and would play for basically nothing - who would knock that back!
Two of his best signings which were everything to do with luck and not much to do with this talent for spotting players that he is being credited with.     

It was nothing to do with Stainrod. Farid’s agent was an Italian guy who Pressley played with at Hearts? Where do you think all managers get the tip offs about players? Connections maybe?

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I thought his agent was John colquhoun?

Well you thought wrong. There was a shade of luck in the Farid signing as per the below but non the less Pressley used the contacts we all hear managers talk about but rarely see actually use in order to get him in.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/striker-farid-el-alagui-reveals-name-mystery-his-2011-time-falkirk-trialist-2976351%3famp

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Well you thought wrong. There was a shade of luck in the Farid signing as per the below but non the less Pressley used the contacts we all hear managers talk about but rarely see actually use in order to get him in.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/striker-farid-el-alagui-reveals-name-mystery-his-2011-time-falkirk-trialist-2976351%3famp

Doesn't say anything about him being pressleys agent. Martin Ritchie in his book writes' John Colquhoun, Steven pressleys agent,also played a large part in advising and arranging transfers.'

11 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If Pressley recruited as well as some on here would have us believe then why on earth has he failed as a manager at every club he's been at.  Something not stacking up there 🤔

Because although he can pick a player he's a bit of a fruit loop which probably every player recognises after a while. I'm not saying in any way shape or form that he's a great manager I just think he deserves a lot more credit than he gets from us Falkirk fans. We were his first managerial job and he was chucked into the deep end wrongly just like Eddie May was. He worked extremely well with our youngsters who were all sold well before they had a chance of actually bringing success to us on the park, a fatal flaw in the running of our club. As well as that he brought in a few diamonds who were an absolute joy to watch.

Edited by FFC 1876

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If Pressley recruited as well as some on here would have us believe then why on earth has he failed as a manager at every club he's been at.  Something not stacking up there 🤔

Exactly. He had a few high profile excellent signings but the rest were utter dross. If he'd signed better then that merged with the young talent coming through would've made a hell of a team that could've got us in the top flight. Unfortunately there were too many Jordan whites and medhi kallises and too few Farid and McGovern's.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Because although he can pick a player he's a bit of a fruit loop which probably every player recognises after a while. I'm not saying in any way shape or form that he's a great manager I just think he deserves a lot more credit than he gets from us Falkirk fans. We were his first managerial job and he was chucked into the deep end wrongly just like Eddie May was. He worked extremely well with our youngsters who were all sold well before they had a chance to actually bring success to us on the park, a fatal flaw in the running of our club. As well as that he brought in a few diamonds who were an absolute joy to watch.

I bet if you asked most of the players who played with the club at the time they would hold him in high regard - expect Jack what’s his name [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I bet if you asked most of the players who played with the club at the time they would hold him in high regard - expect Jack what’s his name emoji23.png

Willie Gibson too?

They probably loved it because he was giving crap players a game for a decent sized club and the young boys were getting a game because some of his signings were that bad they never got near the first team or played a handful of games.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Fleetwood. Yeah how did that end up for him.😂😂 Even the crappiest of managers will have players that say this.  There are players that keep signing for clowns like  ray McKinnon even though he's a terrible manager.  It means nothing.

Edited by Shadwell Dog