The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Maverick_- said:

A lot of managers would have just sat in and hoped for the best with young players. Pressley from the beginning tried to play football. And in doing so, he put the young players on the shop window, it was brave and it played off. A team with an average age of 19 finishing 3rd, reaching a semi final and winning a trophy was a great achievement. It's fairly annoying how dismissive some of our fans are about Pressley. Falkirk were a club with style and he adhered to that. I'm not sure any manager since has in all honesty.

Say what now? Pressley started every game with the attitude they had won a point and needed it protected. 

The game that should have seen him sacked - 9/2/13 Cowdenbeath 4 - 1 Falkirk. We thumped them 4-0 in April after Pressley left. 

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does that mean Raith get a £10k fine with a further £10k suspended if they have breached the guidelines ??

It's the SPFL. They'll probably have to hop on one leg whilst patting their heads and rubbing their bellies for 30 minutes.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am almost sure this is gong to lead to SPL 2, B teams and criteria driven entry to the “professional” top leagues (my guess 20-24 clubs). It may not be this year but it is coming. Finance and pragmatism is driving it

There isn't an SPL 1 never mind an SPL 2, and there already is "criteria driven entry" to professional leagues with differing criteria per level 

Edited by Marshmallo

3 hours ago, Maverick_- said:

A lot of managers would have just sat in and hoped for the best with young players. Pressley from the beginning tried to play football. And in doing so, he put the young players on the shop window, it was brave and it played off. A team with an average age of 19 finishing 3rd, reaching a semi final and winning a trophy was a great achievement. It's fairly annoying how dismissive some of our fans are about Pressley. Falkirk were a club with style and he adhered to that. I'm not sure any manager since has in all honesty.

Pressleys football was short lived and turned on for the cameras.  Yes played out from the back and passed it on the deck but other than that it was very negative, " conservative" on a good day, it was all about not giving away possession , even if that meant passing from the edge of the box back  & back again until we were deep in our own half.  Sure, it was mostly because we couldn't defend worth a f**k, remember how many goals we conceded straight after scoring?  probably scoring itself was seen as a risk in his eyes since the other team get the ball straight after conceding!  even when we were a goal down with minutes to go we would still try to walk it in the net . 

The league cup run & farids goals gave us the false belief that we were on the cusp of something big, we weren't . it's just that even as recently as 10 years ago simply not punting it up to the big man was seen as revolutionary in Scotland

There isn't an SPL 1 never mind an SPL 2, and there already is "criteria driven entry" to professional leagues with differing criteria per level 

FFS I meant a rehash of the SPL that was ditched when Rangers went tits up

Typical of the incompetents at the SFA. If a club has called "publicly" for suspension why would there be confusion over who they are.  Bizarre.

Obviously nothing at all to do with their call to allow the championship to continue whilst suspending L1 & 2 and then having clubs unable to complete fixtures within less than a week.

Edited by Davffc

I think the whole thing should be null and void. It's a spectator sport and watching shitey streams of soulless empty grounds hosting half-hearted kickabouts is utterly, utterly shite. The Morten v Pars eyesore tonight being a perfect example. What is Cappielow without the booing? 

Pack the whole thing in now and aim to start again in August - which will be our first full season in League One. 

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I think the whole thing should be null and void. It's a spectator sport and watching shitey streams of soulless empty grounds hosting half-hearted kickabouts is utterly, utterly shite. The Morten v Pars eyesore tonight being a perfect example. What is Cappielow without the booing? 

Pack the whole thing in now and aim to start again in August - which will be our first full season in League One. 

When Patrick Thistle could potentially get their shit together? It would potentially be the first of two full seasons in League one. No thank you. 

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Where do you get the cash to get you to August?  Refunds for season tickets will be needed. Prize money as we were told last season can't be handed out and there will be a TV money refund for sky, BBC etc. Try selling season tickets for next season when folk have had 5 games out their last one. It would be a nightmare.

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We only got 6 months of decent football from higginbottom the rest of the time he was crap. Millar was awful the first season too.There's a list about 3 times longer than that full of utter dross. It was his agent John colqoun at the time that discovered most of the decent ones anyway not Pressley. 

Pressley the guy who fell out with Neil McCann and forced the bod to.give him a generous payoff rather than just run the last few months of his contract out.costing the club a fortune when things were tight as it was.

I don't think Pressley can get credit for "discovering" Farid either. I seem to recall he was recommended by Stainrod and do remember Farid and his agent hanging around TFS for days trying to get a deal, Pressley then finally agreed to sign him at the last minute just before the season started with what was left of his budget.

Will Vaulks came up and begged to be signed and would play for basically nothing - who would knock that back!

Two of his best signings which were everything to do with luck and not much to do with this talent for spotting players that he is being credited with.     

45 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

One of the podcasts I listen to said that one possibility they were considering down south was to play the 2020-2021 season over two years.

Suspend the whole thing the now, bring it back in August and finish the season in May 2022.

There's no way if they suspend it the now it'll get finished before this summer anyway so pointless to try. Wait until after the Euros.