The Falkirk FC Thread

Swansea City midfielder Jay Fulton is close to signing a new long-term contract with the Championship club.

Fulton's been in impressive form under Steve Cooper this season and his current contract expires in June.

The Scot, 26, has scored eight goals in 121 appearances since joining Swansea from Falkirk in January 2014.

"Jay is in really good form, he has contributed an awful lot this year, I cannot tell you how professional he is," Swansea boss Steve Cooper said.

"He always puts the team before him, he's the ultimate squad man, a selfless individual.

"He deserves a lot of recognition for his performances this year.

"I really hope we can extend his contract and get that sorted out."

5 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Swansea City midfielder Jay Fulton is close to signing a new long-term contract with the Championship club.

Fulton's been in impressive form under Steve Cooper this season and his current contract expires in June.

The Scot, 26, has scored eight goals in 121 appearances since joining Swansea from Falkirk in January 2014.

"Jay is in really good form, he has contributed an awful lot this year, I cannot tell you how professional he is," Swansea boss Steve Cooper said.

"He always puts the team before him, he's the ultimate squad man, a selfless individual.

"He deserves a lot of recognition for his performances this year.

"I really hope we can extend his contract and get that sorted out."

Good news, Still a chance of a sell on.

51 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Genuine concern re the possibility of null and void for lower league clubs. Would suit a number of clubs for this to happen so a real threat....

I'd imagine Partick would be quite keen on this. Sitting 5th after royally fucking up the season start.

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'd imagine Partick would be quite keen on this. Sitting 5th after royally fucking up the season start.

If they win the game in hand they would be within 3 points of us and still have a home game against us to come so not too sure....

Edited by roman_bairn

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If they win the game in hand they would be within 3 points of us and still have a home game against us to come so not too sure....

Really good chance if (big if) the season re-starts it'll be 18 games so they wouldn't face us again. 

The only clubs who should want null and void (morals and practicality aside) are those threatened with relegation.

If partick voted for null and void, for example, they’d have a 100% chance of being in League 1 next season. If they voted to complete the season, they’d have an X percent chance of being in league 1 less than 100. Given we’re shit and playoffs exist, I’d probs put it at around 50%. Whether that’s too complex for them and others around us, who knows 

That’s disappointing given he supported the running of Norwich’s academy for a number of years before he joined us and gained a good reputation for his work with their academy.

Times change and his priority will be to rebuild some sort of youth development again. His priority when he was with us he may have seen at the first team.

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The only clubs who should want null and void (morals and practicality aside) are those threatened with relegation.

If partick voted for null and void, for example, they’d have a 100% chance of being in League 1 next season. If they voted to complete the season, they’d have an X percent chance of being in league 1 less than 100. Given we’re shit and playoffs exist, I’d probs put it at around 50%. Whether that’s too complex for them and others around us, who knows 

At least 7 of the 10 teams have a good shot at making the playoffs at least so you'd think they'd vote for continuing.

What happens to the £150k the clubs got if the season is null and void? That was for running costs so if there's no running costs, will they have to give it back?

At least 7 of the 10 teams have a good shot at making the playoffs at least so you'd think they'd vote for continuing.

What happens to the £150k the clubs got if the season is null and void? That was for running costs so if there's no running costs, will they have to give it back?

I guess the main factor here is how is the voting organised?
Do 42 clubs get a vote? If it’s 20 are they grouped together and what percentage majority is needed to pass?
It’s ridiculous that the voting needs is not clear for any SPFL resolutions....

26 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I guess the main factor here is how is the voting organised?
Do 42 clubs get a vote? If it’s 20 are they grouped together and what percentage majority is needed to pass?
It’s ridiculous that the voting needs is not clear for any SPFL resolutions....

In fairness every ruling they have came up with contradicts the other ruling they pass, this pandemic has gone on for almost a year yet they are still no further forward in the rules, disciplinary and how to conclude the season. It definitely seems to be dependant on club and punishment killie followed Sg rules on social distancing rather than the SPFL and were punished St Mirren breached protocal and have been punished, my guess would be all punishments rescinded and games against respective opponents to be rescheduled. which makes a mockery of the whole disciplinary and again shows the double standards for the leagues.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

We’ve only received £75000. Balance still to come.

They have had since the last vote to come up with all the different scenarios that could be faced this season.

To give them the benefit of doubt, who could have foreseen the events of last year, however this season is different and all will be planned for every probable situation in games played etc, and all teams I'm sure will have been informed of what to expect based on this.

After all a chief exec earning £380k a year would have to be fairly decent, eh?