The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So what happens if you had opened up a new restaurant in November. Does that mean you would be fecked the now?

Then your daft for opening a restaurant during a pandemic!

I see there is a Scottish Tapas place opening at the end of Manor Street in March. God knows how they expect to be profitable in these times.

Like shadwell, I've just started the Martin Ritchie book. I'm only 30 odd pages in but he has already written twice about how the administration rules are different today. I know a lot has been made about how we paid off every penny of debt and we have claimed the moral high ground over a few clubs since then but I get the feeling we might have went the 1p in the pound route if it was allowed back then. Currently working my way through the Ritchie book and the latest Michael White history as well so plenty of Falkirk reading to get on with, hopefully keep me off here as this forum without games on is a scary, scary place, lol.

It was pretty terrifying after the East Fife game....☹️

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:
10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Unfortunately we are unlikely to be able to influence the Government Furlough Scheme nuances on this forum......

You think General Nonsense is a better shout?

We could probably move 90% of this thread across there...😀

Edited by roman_bairn

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the ruling ? Do Raith forfeit the match ??

20 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Regarding Furlough since it was the SFA/SPFL that stopped us playing for min 3 weeks and not the Government then can we actually apply for furlough? We are still allowed to play under the current guidelines of elite sport.

Interesting point.

As flexible furlough is allowed I think it will be okay but the employee has to be on the payroll on or before 30 th October.

Gary Holt will not be eligible

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Interesting point.

As flexible furlough is allowed I think it will be okay but the employee has to be on the payroll on or before 30 th October.

Gary Holt will not be eligible

There is no way Holt was appointed just to be put on furlough.

I would imagine he will be straight into his role planning for the future and no doubt liaising with the Rawlins re their plans for the club.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There is no way Holt was appointed just to be put on furlough.

I would imagine he will be straight into his role planning for the future and no doubt liaising with the Rawlins re their plans for the club.

Yeah there's loads for him to do that's for sure.

10 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As we all do, just reading the BBC post about the clubs, what an absolute shambles our governing authorities are, didn’t realise there’s also a £40K suspended fine hanging over, you really couldn’t make it up. If you apply what happened to St M & K they will forfeit the game with a 0-3 score line. 

They’ve appealed it, the thing is with the Celtic thing they reckon they have grounds for the punishment to be rescinded and tbf they have or it’s going to be double standards yet again 

41 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the ruling ? Do Raith forfeit the match ??

Dont know the ruling as SPFL seem to make rules up as they go along but guessing if and say if we have followed the protocols there would be no sanction

If we havent been following the protocols we deserve everything that comes our way

With championship clubs having to test now I,d expect more clubs to have positive tests

Did Clyde not have 1 or 2 games postponed?What was the outcome of that ?

6 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Back injury I’m sure but @Jan Vojáček may Ken more about it.

Yeah it was his back. He picked up an injury in September (I think) of his first season with us and just couldn't shake it off. I can't remember the exact details, but I think he had some surgery and it didn't have much of an impact.

I think he now works for Sky or someone and has packed in playing totally. A real shame