The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

Agree with this, he's our sporting director and he should stay in that role if the managers job come available and he should have an input to who the next manager should be. Managers come and go - we have seen that more than most over the last few years, there has to be some continuity at football level at the club.

The problem is if they go you just know he's going to be caretaker and then a few good results and the pressure is on to give him the post. It just seems to always happen.

20 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I think that’s a decent appointment from Falkirk.  Will he be receiving a wage or can he be furloughed given it could be months before football restarts?

He can’t be furloughed, nor can we not afford to pay him...

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

He can’t be furloughed, nor can we not afford to pay him...

Will it not depend on whether we have furloughed the rest of the staff?  It was mentioned previously that everybody employed at the time you shut down could be furloughed. If we haven't furloughed anyone yet then surely we could furlough him.

Finally the club has someone with football knowledge as a director which has been needed for years and hopefully now for the long term.   

He has now been set the task to rebuild parts of the club that were knocked down a few years ago and well, we all know what happened after that. 🙄

Good luck Gary. 

Edited by Latapy is god

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

' Should be 'committed is the hard part,he's walked from 4 clubs,us being one of them. Time will tell but maybe he sees it as a more secure position ( or is that easy money for the long term? )

Just hope he doesn't do any presentations, his feeble attempt when manager at the agm would make Chemical Ali look professional. 

I am not sure there is any great insight generally held as regards the quality of any presentations made by Chemical Ali.  Comical Ali though might be a more apt comparison. 

Anyhoo........what do we reckon to be his first order of business? Obviously he has a longer term set of targets, but there has to be something specific in the short term.
Probably has to be something around recruitment. M&M have Morrison on the plus side, and probably Keena too after his injury lay off. The negative side will be much bigger.

Looking forward a new path from youth through to first team that has neither GC nor RW claiming it to be “all their own brilliant work”. Doubtless it’ll be a simpler model, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

As BPM said......we have been stupid soft. If nothing else, let’s hope Holt (and more importantly Rawlins) will bring that era to an end.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

You have to be employed by the company since at least October. You can't just hire someone and stick them on furlough. 

That's pretty poor. Some businesses with a high turnover of staff could really struggle then.  Dawson park boy seemed to think it was all those employed when we were closed down which sounds a bit more realistic but means we were a few days late in appointing our CEO.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

As BPM said......we have been stupid soft. If nothing else, let’s hope Holt (and more importantly Rawlins) will bring that era to an end.

Do you not think Holt fits that same mould, maybe just me, but he comes across as a bit soft to me as well, which is probably the niggle I have?

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's pretty poor. Some businesses with a high turnover of staff could really struggle then.  Dawson park boy seemed to think it was all those employed when we were closed down which sounds a bit more realistic but means we were a few days late in appointing our CEO.

You have to show proof of their earnings from anytime this thing started last March up until the end of October so that its not a bogus claim. Makes perfect sense otherwise you would get a load of cowboys putting guys on the books on high wages just to claim 80% or whatever it is back from the government. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

Like shadwell, I've just started the Martin Ritchie book. I'm only 30 odd pages in but he has already written twice about how the administration rules are different today. I know a lot has been made about how we paid off every penny of debt and we have claimed the moral high ground over a few clubs since then but I get the feeling we might have went the 1p in the pound route if it was allowed back then. Currently working my way through the Ritchie book and the latest Michael White history as well so plenty of Falkirk reading to get on with, hopefully keep me off here as this forum without games on is a scary, scary place, lol.

6 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

You have to show proof of their earnings from anytime this thing started last March up until the end of October so that its not a bogus claim. Makes perfect sense otherwise you would get a load of cowboys putting guys on the books on high wages just to claim 80% or whatever it is back from the government. 

So what happens if you had opened up a new restaurant in November. Does that mean you would be fecked the now?

13 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Like shadwell, I've just started the Martin Ritchie book. I'm only 30 odd pages in but he has already written twice about how the administration rules are different today. I know a lot has been made about how we paid off every penny of debt and we have claimed the moral high ground over a few clubs since then but I get the feeling we might have went the 1p in the pound route if it was allowed back then. Currently working my way through the Ritchie book and the latest Michael White history as well so plenty of Falkirk reading to get on with, hopefully keep me off here as this forum without games on is a scary, scary place, lol.

Who knows we had no choice but to me clubs should still have no choice but to pay off all their debt to continue.