The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What actually happened to Rory Loy, I remember him going to Dumbarton after us but then has he just packed it in?

Got a job on the Railways. Think it was with the company that was installing the electric lines.

51 minutes ago, matthew1876 said:

Actually not as bad as I was expecting (Roberts aside). 

Roberts was a very good player IMO, very pacey with a fantastic shot and could finish. Don't think I've seen a player with a poorer temperament though. That incident with the ice bucket at Alloa was unreal, however, given his track record, it was entirely predictable. Everybody could see it coming except Holt himself.

Edit to say that I remember Rakish Bingham doing something outrageous with the ball just minutes into his debut and thinking 'we've got a right good player here'.  He then proceeded to do absolutely feck all for the remainder of his time with us.

Edited by ShaggerG

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Roberts was a very good player IMO, very pacey with a fantastic shot and could finish. Don't think I've seen a player with a poorer temperament though. That incident with the ice bucket at Alloa was unreal, however, given his track record, it was entirely predictable. Everybody could see it coming except Holt himself.

I think Roberts was signed by Hartley on a 2 year deal at Dundee, if I recall.

34 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think Roberts was signed by Hartley on a 2 year deal at Dundee, if I recall.

Aye, he was at ICT before us (with Butcher maybe) but was punted due to his shenanigans, came to us and was a bomb scare, then did similar at Dundee. When you think of the different types of managers that had him, he didn't respond to any of the different management styles. Always thought that he wasn't cut out for football.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, he was at ICT before us (with Butcher maybe) but was punted due to his shenanigans, came to us and was a bomb scare, then did similar at Dundee. When you think of the different types of managers that had him, he didn't respond to any of the different management styles. Always thought that he wasn't cut out for football.

I'm sure after his hat trick against Livingston he was talking about signing for arsenal. Man was a walloper

23 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

After the livi game he had himself leaving in the January for a championship team down south.

M&M both signed by Holt one at Livingston and one for us. Watching brief from me. Still believe he screwed up promotion the year we were top in January.

Don’t get the expense in Div 3 but explanation tonight no doubt

Correction he didn’t sign Lee Miller it was hopkin

I'm happy enough with Holt although I'd maybe rather someone with more management experience to guide McCracken and Miller but hopefully hes got good contacts and a clear vision for the club.
Only thing to be sure of is that the plastic pitch is going nowhere, he chose ours and absolutely loved praising Livis whenever he could.
Get the impression Holt isn't cut out for management for some reason, he's left two jobs where he's been doing okish.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t get the expense in Div 3 but explanation tonight no doubt

We have two managers, lets get a third!

In all seriousness if this is part of the masterplan, best get the foundation in if its for the long haul.

Not got a strong opinion on him apart from better than McCann/McPherson for me, although I'm from the Wenger viewpoint of what does a DoF mean.

Holt about as good an appointment into that role as we could expect  guess.  As others have said, he should have some decent contacts and will bring back experience he didn't have first time round.  Should also be committed given he left a bit early last time and has been here before. 

I hope he doesn't end up as manager - if we're going down the sporting director route, we need to be committed to that for at least 2-3 years and give the role a chance to make a difference.  Should M&M go, I'd hope Holt would stay where he is and we'd bring in someone else as manager.  

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Such as....?

Explains the whole stadium situation for starters so @HopeStreetWalker this books for you. Emphasises how useless the council are and some of the behind the scenes stuff that's gone on over the years. We seem to.have been very good at giving away facilities for feck all over the years having invested decent amounts of cash in them.

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Holt about as good an appointment into that role as we could expect  guess.  As others have said, he should have some decent contacts and will bring back experience he didn't have first time round.  Should also be committed given he left a bit early last time and has been here before. 

I hope he doesn't end up as manager - if we're going down the sporting director route, we need to be committed to that for at least 2-3 years and give the role a chance to make a difference.  Should M&M go, I'd hope Holt would stay where he is and we'd bring in someone else as manager.  

' Should be 'committed is the hard part,he's walked from 4 clubs,us being one of them. Time will tell but maybe he sees it as a more secure position ( or is that easy money for the long term? )

Just hope he doesn't do any presentations, his feeble attempt when manager at the agm would make Chemical Ali look professional. 

9 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Agree with this, he's our sporting director and he should stay in that role if the managers job come available and he should have an input to who the next manager should be. Managers come and go - we have seen that more than most over the last few years, there has to be some continuity at football level at the club.