The Falkirk FC Thread

So do you want all football stopped ? I’m not having a go mate, just asking your opinion !!

I think there is a genuine argument that if we have to stop the two lower divisions with no consultation due to the impact of the virus then you have to question why the upper divisions are exempt.
I don’t see the testing as anything more than a low grade mitigation given that a third of the teams in the top flight have already had cases and struggle to behave themselves. Add to that the Championship clubs will now be in a similar situation with some of those clubs including part time players.
For me you either suspend top flight football wholesale or you don’t. None of this pick and choose based on size and perceived importance.....

23 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think there is a genuine argument that if we have to stop the two lower divisions with no consultation due to the impact of the virus then you have to question why the upper divisions are exempt.
I don’t see the testing as anything more than a low grade mitigation given that a third of the teams in the top flight have already had cases and struggle to behave themselves. Add to that the Championship clubs will now be in a similar situation with some of those clubs including part time players.
For me you either suspend top flight football wholesale or you don’t. None of this pick and choose based on size and perceived importance.....

Yip, can’t disagree with any of this.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

On the law of averages with this new infectious Covid strain, guessing it’s only a matter of time until  we see a number of teams (predominantly Championship) unable to put together a team with isolating. Looking forward to what the authorities decide......

Will be interesting to see how that first round of test results goes in the championship. I've had 2 building sites just this week having to send everyone home for 1 positive test result on each. 

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Very meh, but at least we know he'll walk away on his own volition. Here's his signings when he was our manager.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/gary-holts-nine-falkirk-signings-where-are-they-now-113930%3famp

Was cutting his teeth with us back then so I'm sure he'll have learned a lot since.

Probably a decent choice. He will have a few contacts at Premiership and Championship clubs down South and should work well with the management team.
Can’t help but feel that a three person management structure is a bit top heavy for a third tier team at a time when we are complaining about COVID giant size though.....

A bit like Hopkin, Holt got away from the Launderers very quickly. Would imagine their OCG wanted their stooge in place, so Holt got himself the hell out of there.
I am sure he’s grateful for the opportunity. Just have to see how it goes from here.......

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Very meh, but at least we know he'll walk away on his own volition. Here's his signings when he was our manager.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/gary-holts-nine-falkirk-signings-where-are-they-now-113930%3famp

Actually not as bad as I was expecting (Roberts aside).