The Falkirk FC Thread

How would I criticise simple information being put out.   Are you telling me they have to check with the Rawlins before announcing a game is postponed?  That would be ridiculous. 
If you go on virtually every other team website there is information telling you the leagues have been suspended and that the games coming up are off. If you go on ours it's still telling you we're playing Arbroath tonight.

I think what we are all really interested in is what our response to the decision is.
I doubt anyone doesn’t know about the game tonight....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I think what we are all really interested in is what our response to the decision is.
I doubt anyone doesn’t know about the game tonight....

How do you know? There's people who live abroad, people who don't use social media etc. Not asking much to keep the website up to date especially when something important has happened.  If part time sides can do it then it's surely not too much to ask for us to be able to.

Not true -  clubs in Championship/L1/L2 were asked to commit to playing a season and deciding how many games would constitute said season.  They could hibernate but that would likely have meant demotion for most of them when they restarted.  With that in mind and with the prevailing views/wisdom in the game being that full testing would not be required at these levels and that crowds would return in a few months, clubs went ahead. 

Well that’s not true either. How do you demote an entire league? Answer.....you can’t, and you just made that bit up.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well that’s not true either. How do you demote an entire league? Answer.....you can’t, and you just made that bit up.

Ah I see you are choosing to go for an absolutely literal interpretation rather than a more nuanced one.  In reality relatively moneyed and full time clubs like Falkirk and Partick and QP were ready and willing to step up and play other full time clubs and/or at a higher level if part time/less affluent clubs were inclined not to play.  L2 clubs places could have been filled by clubs from LL/HL stepping in to make up the numbers.  There was no suggestion these artificial  advancements would later be reversed to restore the clubs in abeyance to where they had been.    The word most refers to the clubs who might have decided not to play - likely a small number of clubs not a whole league. 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Ah I see you are choosing to go for an absolutely literal interpretation rather than a more nuanced one.  In reality relatively moneyed and full time clubs like Falkirk and Partick and QP were ready and willing to step up and play other full time clubs and/or at a higher level if part time/less affluent clubs were inclined not to play.  L2 clubs places could have been filled by clubs from LL/HL stepping in to make up the numbers.  There was no suggestion these artificial  advancements would later be reversed to restore the clubs in abeyance to where they had been.    

Cut and paste issues there.😂😂

Ah I see you are choosing to go for an absolutely literal interpretation rather than a more nuanced one.  In reality relatively moneyed and full time clubs like Falkirk and Partick and QP were ready and willing to step up and play other full time clubs and/or at a higher level if part time/less affluent clubs were inclined not to play.  L2 clubs places could have been filled by clubs from LL/HL stepping in to make up the numbers.  There was no suggestion these artificial  advancements would later be reversed to restore the clubs in abeyance to where they had been.    The word most refers to the clubs who might have decided not to play - likely a small number of clubs not a whole league. 

There’s that “likely” word again. So it wasn’t actually true....it’s conjecture that you have chosen to apply.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There’s that “likely” word again. So it wasn’t actually true....it’s conjecture that you have chosen to apply.

Hmm it's a pity you don't grasp the difference between conjecture and an informed comment - you try the old fake news tactic - maybe trying to appreciate the factors at play and the nuances instead of the one dimensional Trump like approach would serve you better likely as not.  Nuff said though.