The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

“The distribution of the government money was clearly for this scenario to take place”. Why, then, have we received less than a third than that of alloa or arbroath? We can’t trade, we can’t make any money, whilst alloa and arbroath can? That is simply not right. If you are going to shut down some levels and not others, giving more money to those still taking income in every week through online ticket sales, 50/50 draws, tv money etc is fucking disgusting. 

This is total bollocks. 

56 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I might be wrong, infact I most likely am. 

But with football being suspended does it not then allow clubs to furlough players and save money? 

Yes

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Absolutely no club is covering the cost of there wages by the streaming sales. 

Season tickets will have done that. The problem is if they end the lower leagues now clubs could stand to lose a lot of dough in refunds which could put them on the brink.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes

I presume there must be a certain amount of time that an employee has to have been at the business though before they can be furloughed. I mean we couldn't sign players this month and stick them straight on furlough for instance.

Anyone know what the score is with the transfer window? I presume this will be extended indefinitely for the lower leagues at least till we know when clubs will be back playing?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The lower two tiers only started because clubs were able to play without weekly testing. 

Would you have preferred it if 17 League 1/2 sides had said they couldn't play through the season and you'd been forcibly mothballed for this season? 

Unless youre away to claim it would be fairer to just promote Falkirk for no other reason than them being a full time club of course. I bet you genuinely believe Falkirk and Partick should take Alloa and Arbroaths Championship places this season.

And the championship was allowed to start because teams said they could survive without gate money. Clubs were given the chance to hibernate for a season. 

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I presume there must be a certain amount of time that an employee has to have been at the business though before they can be furloughed. I mean we couldn't sign players this month and stick them straight on furlough for instance.

Anyone know what the score is with the transfer window? I presume this will be extended indefinitely for the lower leagues at least till we know when clubs will be back playing?

Furlough relates to people employed  on the date we were closed down.

I see also that the SG have announced a further grant of £9000 for leisure businesses that are closed.

i imagine FFC will qualify or at least part thereof for the period we’re closed.

5 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Does anyone have any evidence to back up the 'part-time players spread covid' rhetoric, or is just classist demonising by Doncaster & co?

I'd imagine your average part-timer has more to lose, and is therefore more vigilant, than your average Premiership Insta-hero jobber.

Stenny chairman asked for evidence they couldn’t provide any, I doubt if there was any study done at all on it.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Furlough relates to people employed  on the date we were closed down.

I see also that the SG have announced a further grant of £9000 for leisure businesses that are closed.

i imagine FFC will qualify or at least part thereof for the period we’re closed.

It's not as simple as that for qualifying for Furlough - rules include : You can only claim for furloughed employees that were employed and on payroll on 30 October 2020. This means you must have made a PAYE RTI submission to HMRC between 20 March 2020 and 30 October 2020, notifying a payment of earnings for that employee.

Thus if you brought in any new players in current window you cant get furlough payments for them

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

And the championship was allowed to start because teams said they could survive without gate money. Clubs were given the chance to hibernate for a season. 

Not true -  clubs in Championship/L1/L2 were asked to commit to playing a season and deciding how many games would constitute said season.  They could hibernate but that would likely have meant demotion for most of them when they restarted.  With that in mind and with the prevailing views/wisdom in the game being that full testing would not be required at these levels and that crowds would return in a few months, clubs went ahead. 

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Does anyone have any evidence to back up the 'part-time players spread covid' rhetoric, or is just classist demonising by Doncaster & co?

I'd imagine your average part-timer has more to lose, and is therefore more vigilant, than your average Premiership Insta-hero jobber.

They are inarguably more vulnerable to exposure, by dint of their part time nature. The vast majority will have other jobs, many of which will not be doable from home, meaning they are still going to workplaces or sites and then training and playing. Full time players obviously don't have the same level of potential exposure woven into their day to day lives as part time footballers do. 

6 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

They are inarguably more vulnerable to exposure, by dint of their part time nature. The vast majority will have other jobs, many of which will not be doable from home, meaning they are still going to workplaces or sites and then training and playing. Full time players obviously don't have the same level of potential exposure woven into their day to day lives as part time footballers do. 

No evidence, then.

18 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It's not as simple as that for qualifying for Furlough - rules include : You can only claim for furloughed employees that were employed and on payroll on 30 October 2020. This means you must have made a PAYE RTI submission to HMRC between 20 March 2020 and 30 October 2020, notifying a payment of earnings for that employee.

Thus if you brought in any new players in current window you cant get furlough payments for them

Yes, you are correct.

The window wasn’t open in December therefore doesn’t apply in practice.

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

No evidence, then.

Without regular testing, it would be impossible to gather evidence. 

It is a simple fact, though, that part time players are at more risk of exposure than full time players. If you are at more risk of exposure, you are at more risk of spread. 

It is a simple fact, though, that part time players are at more risk of exposure than full time players. If you are at more risk of exposure, you are at more risk of spread. 

I wouldn’t disagree that there are players in our division that have COVID, nor that it’s not been reported.
There’s an argument that players are more exposed but there’s also a counter argument that they are likely to be more vigilant than full time players as a consequence of their situation.
I’m not certain the numbers in the lower divisions will be that much higher but it’s difficult to be sure without testing....

2 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I have no desire to engage in a drawn-out discussion but it isn't "a simple fact". There are too many factors to consider and numerous documented examples of F/T players breaching protocol.