The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If lower league clubs were under the same testing regime, and scrutiny, as top flight league sides, then you'd likely see just as many, if not more, breaches to protocols.

How many League One/Two clubs do you think are allowing their players to car share to training? That would be a breach. How many of these clubs are only using the one team bus to get to matches? That would be a breach. If players were getting tested 3 times a week instead of only when they feel symptoms, how many more positive tests would there be? How many lower league players are breaking social distancing rules throughout the week? 

It's mad to suggest a group of clubs who are under almost constant surveillance are worse than a group of players allowed to do what they want based on how many mistakes they've made, as one group isn't getting mistakes reported. 

Championship clubs obviously have the means to now move to a regime where they'll need around 3 modes of transport that allows social distancing for away games, L1/L2 clubs won't.

I think the answer to these questions is "a helluva lot".

I seen a fellow Falkirk fan , followed by a few others , on Facebook complaining that it wasn't fair on League One & Two being shut down as 80% of COVID cases have been in the Premiership. And I'm like ...of course it's a high percentage they are the only ones testing - I'm surprised it's not higher.

For any "elite" football to continue to play in the current pandemic situation every club must comply with the same strict rules for safety reasons. It's not unfair on my club Falkirk as we are stuck in a league with a load of part time teams because of our own dire failings off and on the pitch . I just hope we can see this season out and win promotion out of it.          

If we move to a 12 week lockdown as is being recommended that I don’t see how any sport can continue especially with this new variant spreading so fast but to allow 2 leagues to continue just doesn’t make sense even if your still testing and some one returns a positive test they still have to self isolate as does everyone they have been in close contact with and as if to prove the point see Celtic as that reason.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If lower league clubs were under the same testing regime, and scrutiny, as top flight league sides, then you'd likely see just as many, if not more, breaches to protocols.

How many League One/Two clubs do you think are allowing their players to car share to training? That would be a breach. How many of these clubs are only using the one team bus to get to matches? That would be a breach. If players were getting tested 3 times a week instead of only when they feel symptoms, how many more positive tests would there be? How many lower league players are breaking social distancing rules throughout the week? 

It's mad to suggest a group of clubs who are under almost constant surveillance are worse than a group of players allowed to do what they want based on how many mistakes they've made, as one group isn't getting mistakes reported. 

Championship clubs obviously have the means to now move to a regime where they'll need around 3 modes of transport that allows social distancing for away games, L1/L2 clubs won't.

League one and league two weren't even asked as confirmed by the stenhousemuir chairman. 

The only way out of this mess is to get everyone vaccinated, especially NHS staff, the old and vulnerable.

Once that is done it doesn’t really matter about the young and fit as the folks they can contaminate will have had the jab.

After that, there is nothing more the state can do and just like seasonal flu everyone just needs to ‘take their chances’.

To that end the roll- out programme needs to be dramatically expanded. 163000 to date is just pitiful out of 560000 available. Like Israel we should be doing this on a 24/7 military basis. I don’t know any folks in my age group who have heard anything yet most of our friends down south have had their first jab. Maybe somebody can tell me otherwise regarding their parents, relatives?

Well, that’s how I see it. Will certainly miss the football even though it’s crap.

Just need to step up online bridge matches. 

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The only way out of this mess is to get everyone vaccinated, especially NHS staff, the old and vulnerable.

Once that is done it doesn’t really matter about the young and fit as the folks they can contaminate will have had the jab.

After that, there is nothing more the state can do and just like seasonal flu everyone just needs to ‘take their chances’.

To that end the roll- out programme needs to be dramatically expanded. 163000 to date is just pitiful out of 560000 available. Like Israel we should be doing this on a 24/7 military basis. I don’t know any folks in my age group who have heard anything yet most of our friends down south have had their first jab. Maybe somebody can tell me otherwise regarding their parents, relatives?

Well, that’s how I see it. Will certainly miss the football even though it’s crap.

Just because there is a vaccine doesn’t mean to say things will go back to the way they were. People will still catch it,. The day to day we have just now is/will be the new norm.

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Just because there is a vaccine doesn’t mean to say things will go back to the way they were. People will still catch it,. The day to day we have just now is/will be the new norm.

Don’t agree.

Yes, people will catch it but it’ll be at a manageable level.

There is no way the general population will agree to living their lives like this on a permanent basis.

Human beings are sociable creatures and being cooped up, muzzled and kept apart reduces us to no more than zombies.

Life is full of risk - Covid will just join cancer,MND, Parkinson’s, bad seasonal flu, premature death you name it.

Maybe we just need to accept a higher death rate? All part of the rich tapestry of life.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

League one and league two weren't even asked as confirmed by the stenhousemuir chairman.

That's because 90% of them are part time and cannot guarantee they wouldn't be breaching the "football bubble" every day, while 90% of the top two tiers can.

Guest Ecosse83
17 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

When can we expect the first round of test results for Championship clubs? 

It will be closed down approximately 10 minutes after the results are in!

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's because 90% of them are part time and cannot guarantee they wouldn't be breaching the "football bubble" every day, while 90% of the top two tiers can.

They also asked all clubs if they could complete the season without any crowds for income and all the clubs said yes but we didn’t get through December without Morton ( championship) asking for a handout  so that as they can’t sustain the club financially for the season and on your argument about the top tiers guaranteeing breaching the football bubble I think we can all agree that is out the window as you only have to look at Celtic and Aberdeen of 2 examples of breaching it.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If Arbroath and Alloa were allowed to continue under certain restrictions then clubs in league one and two should've been given that option too.  The fact that these clubs knew nothing about it until the press release was handed out is just typical of how the spfl do their business. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

They also asked all clubs if they could complete the season without any crowds for income and all the clubs said yes but we didn’t get through December without Morton ( championship) asking for a handout  so that as they can’t sustain the club financially for the season and on your argument about the top tiers guaranteeing breaching the football bubble I think we can all agree that is out the window as you only have to look at Celtic and Aberdeen of 2 examples of breaching it.

The minimum requirements to continue playing should've been decided by the govt in discussion with the SFA. These requirements should then have been sent out to all clubs asking who could meet them and who can't. You then take it from there. If clubs in a league are not willing or unable to meet these requirements then the league has to stop but at least find out who can and can't instead of just a blanket ban from the championship down with no discussion at all.

There is also absolutely no reason why clubs shouldn't be able to continue training if willing to meet a weekly testing regime for the next few weeks.  That would at least prevent the need for the season to be held up once the go ahead to continue is given again.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Aye, as vaccinations increase restrictions should slowly be lifted (hopefully) as the strain on the NHS should ease.

The problem with the new strain though is that, as we know, it's spreading more quickly but is also affecting the younger generation to a much greater effect. I think part of the problem with people not following the rules is that most didn't know anybody that had caught it so it was something that 'wouldn't happen to them'. Personally, I knew of a couple of people that had it, were ill, but survived and are fine. However, since the easing of restrictions over the holidays, I now know of 10 people in my wider family who have it, all are under 60, 2 of them early fifties with the rest 20's or 30's. One of them is very ill in hospital, another phoned for an ambulance but was told the symptoms weren't severe enough yet (couldn't breath and had nothing to eat for days) and another very ill at home. The ambulance took nine hours to turn up to take the hospitalised one in!

There is no doubt that the young are now entering the 'vulnerable' group at a much greater rate and the thing is running riot! The NHS simply can't cope and we need to go full lock down NOW or we're going to have folk suffering in hospital car parks!

I really couldn't give a f**k whether Falkirk are promoted as champions or the season's null and void, ALL football should be stopped right now IMO!

There is no doubt that the young are now entering the 'vulnerable' group at a much greater rate and the thing is running riot! The NHS simply can't cope and we need to go full lock down NOW or we're going to have folk suffering in hospital car parks!

Whilst not wanting to take anything away from the sentiment of your email, I don’t believe this to be correct.
More young people are being admitted as there are more cases as the new stain is more infectious. However I don’t think there is any evidence that it’s more virulent or infecting a higher proportion of younger people....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Whilst not wanting to take anything away from the sentiment of your email, I don’t believe this to be correct.
More young people are being admitted as there are more cases as the new stain is more infectious. However I don’t think there is any evidence that it’s more virulent or infecting a higher proportion of younger people....

Yea, that's why I put vulnerable in inverted commas. I probably didn't explain myself very well.