The Falkirk FC Thread

It's not my idea mate  . I can just see Peter lawell down some back alley trying to do a deal with dellboy trotter.  No that would just be ludicrous. Don't believe everything Sargent Wilson tries to twist.
Tbf, if it ever happens that vaccines are for sale, Scottish football will be away at the back of the queue. Imagine what wankstain Ratcliffe would be willing to pay to keep the lights on at Grangemouth, or the offshore industry. That sort of thing wont happen until 2022 anyway IMO. Once the first year of governments doling out vaccines is done the pharma companies will fire into mass profit mode.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
It's not my idea mate  . I can just see Peter lawell down some back alley trying to do a deal with dellboy trotter.  No that would just be ludicrous. Don't believe everything Sargent Wilson tries to twist.

Tbf, if it ever happens that vaccines are for sale, Scottish football will be away at the back of the queue. Imagine what wankstain Ratcliffe would be willing to pay to keep the lights on at Grangemouth, or the offshore industry. That sort of thing wont happen until 2022 anyway IMO. Once the first year of governments doling out vaccines is done the pharma companies will fire into mass profit mode.

Definitely. Will be happening already in other countries I would expect.

57 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You are saying vaccinate footballers ahead of the vulnerable though. There simply aren’t enough vaccines available at the moment yet you’re saying football authorities should pay to vaccinate footballers, thereby skipping the queue ahead of the vulnerable. You’ve posted some shit on this thread in the past but this really takes the cake. 

I don't trust our government, they penned the elite sport tag for 4 leagues of Scottish football that should be alarming to start with.

The holy grail TV deal is all that matters in regard to both governments not lives, our premiership and the English one will play to a finish because of that.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I don't trust our government, they penned the elite sport tag for 4 leagues of Scottish football that should be alarming to start with.

The holy grail TV deal is all that matters in regard to both governments not lives, our premiership and the English one will play to a finish because of that.

What has any of that got to do with your nonsensical claim that footballers should be vaccinated ahead of the vulnerable?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nothing at all on our website or Twitter. You'd think they would've at least mentioned what has happened. They're still advertising the Arbroath and Montrose games as on FFS.

It’ll probably be an embarrassment anyway, to be honest.

What has the TV deal to do with either government?
The decision was taken by the SPFL to protect the TV revenue before the SG probably took a harder line which would be understandable....

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

After the PT press release  probably best keeping away from any statement for a day or two.

Nothing to stop them putting out some simple information though. As I said earlier they're still advertising the Arbroath and Montrose game. 

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

Scotland will received 500,000 during January. England have allocated themselves 200,000 a day. Scotland wanted to start using the Oxford vaccine late last week, but only receiving it to support a today start. Dont know other British allocation eg Wales and IoM or the rest of UK North Ireland.

Scotland receives 8.2 % of any vaccines given i.e. the percentage of the population of the UK we have. inother words it given what percentage your population have to the UK which is fair enough.

9 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

No surprises really just the usual shambolic behaviour from the spfl/sfa and as I thought they didn't even have the decency to discuss the situation with teams in league one and two and offer them the same solution offered to alloa, Arbroath etc.  Doesn't sound to me as if he felt  testing was a complete non starter that's for sure.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Does seem crazy to give championship clubs 500k and then allow them to keep trading whilst giving league one 150k and them stopping them earning any money at all.  As BPM stated testing costs are much cheaper now so it can't.just be for 3 weeks of that.

Been saying that since it was announced. Made much more sense to reduce the largest payments and reserve some monies, but that’s not what they elected to do...in much the same way the 42 teams failed to devise a plan for how to resolve the season in the case of a shutdown(s) and simply decided they’d have to vote, again! While Plastic’s statement is a ever-flowing cornucopia of self-serving bullshit, it doesn’t change the fact that the SFA/SPFL/SG have again tossed a number of clubs to the wolves.

Falkirk at least have the reasonable expectation of being able to weather this storm, but surely this misbegotten decision, combined with other criminally stupid calls this season, will drive a few clubs to the wall. It’s almost as if someone(s) have a mind to “thin the ranks” during this crisis, perhaps to allow some changes to occur? The obvious winners in this little morality play are the OF and a few “stable” clubs, everyone else is being stress tested.

The thing is thats what 4 Premiership clubs that have been in breach or flouted the rules is it not? Think i am right in saying Killie, Celtic, Aberdeen and StMirren have all been in breach of protocal agreed with the SG yet no such breaches and virus transmission in the lower leagues has been pretty limited and where a player has contracted it the player has went into self isolation  3 that spring to mind for us were Mutch and the 2 Millers Lee and Gaz

Out of those 4 clubs only Killie and St Mirren got punished Aberdeen and Celtic both had their games postponed if  anything i dont see how that can be fair on Killie and St Mirren as the other 2 get the chance to play those games and no penaltys have been brought upon them. so its hardly a punishment.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Been saying that since it was announced. Made much more sense to reduce the largest payments and reserve some monies, but that’s not what they elected to do...in much the same way the 42 teams failed to devise a plan for how to resolve the season in the case of a shutdown(s) and simply decided they’d have to vote, again! While Plastic’s statement is a ever-flowing cornucopia of self-serving bullshit, it doesn’t change the fact that the SFA/SPFL/SG have again tossed a number of clubs to the wolves.

Falkirk at least have the reasonable expectation of being able to weather this storm, but surely this misbegotten decision, combined with other criminally stupid calls this season, will drive a few clubs to the wall. It’s almost as if someone(s) have a mind to “thin the ranks” during this crisis, perhaps to allow some changes to occur? The obvious winners in this little morality play are the OF and a few “stable” clubs, everyone else is being stress tested.

There has long been an argument we have too many senior clubs and this as you say has one or two aims thin the ranks as pretty certain a few teams will go to the wall and up pops the suggestion of lets have the Premiership teams have colt teams in the lower leagues to keep the numbers even/up.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

What has any of that got to do with your nonsensical claim that footballers should be vaccinated ahead of the vulnerable?

I think you will find I stated NHS and care workers should be first.

9 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

The thing is thats what 4 Premiership clubs that have been in breach or flouted the rules is it not? Think i am right in saying Killie, Celtic, Aberdeen and StMirren have all been in breach of protocal agreed with the SG yet no such breaches and virus transmission in the lower leagues has been pretty limited and where a player has contracted it the player has went into self isolation  3 that spring to mind for us were Mutch and the 2 Millers Lee and Gaz

Out of those 4 clubs only Killie and St Mirren got punished Aberdeen and Celtic both had their games postponed if  anything i dont see how that can be fair on Killie and St Mirren as the other 2 get the chance to play those games and no penaltys have been brought upon them. so its hardly a punishment.

If lower league clubs were under the same testing regime, and scrutiny, as top flight league sides, then you'd likely see just as many, if not more, breaches to protocols.

How many League One/Two clubs do you think are allowing their players to car share to training? That would be a breach. How many of these clubs are only using the one team bus to get to matches? That would be a breach. If players were getting tested 3 times a week instead of only when they feel symptoms, how many more positive tests would there be? How many lower league players are breaking social distancing rules throughout the week? 

It's mad to suggest a group of clubs who are under almost constant surveillance are worse than a group of players allowed to do what they want based on how many mistakes they've made, as one group isn't getting mistakes reported. 

Championship clubs obviously have the means to now move to a regime where they'll need around 3 modes of transport that allows social distancing for away games, L1/L2 clubs won't.

Edited by RandomGuy.