The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think the last hour or so has been tragic tbh. But let’s face it, you’re hooked.....

He's obviously got feck all else to do but stalk this thread.  Lockdown is a lonely time for some people I suppose.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I have a question that was valid beforehand anyway, but popped back into my head with the 3 week shutdown.

Does every club in the SPFL survive this season and begin the next one?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think so with the govt cash having been given out. I can see a much bigger gap appearing between the top flight,championship and the rest though unfortunately.

Just now, ilostmyself said:
18 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
Nuke the thread from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Fucking hell!

8 days before the 10 year anniversary of the thread?! If the Hartley era didn't kill it off I doubt Covid will.

Seems to always be people who hang about this thread like a bad smell that want it nuked.  God knows what they would do if it was. Return to dissecting small mammals I would presume.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

There’s a few things I don’t agree with but on the whole they make a convincing argument.
Frankly I think we have a stronger case....

Does seem crazy to give championship clubs 500k and then allow them to keep trading whilst giving league one 150k and them stopping them earning any money at all.  As BPM stated testing costs are much cheaper now so it can't.just be for 3 weeks of that.

Does seem crazy to give championship clubs 500k and then allow them to keep trading whilst giving league one 150k and them stopping them earning any money at all.  As BPM stated testing costs are much cheaper now so it can't.just be for 3 weeks of that.

I actually don’t know but have the clubs actually been given these grants yet?
I know the Premiership clubs were complaining that they could not get the loans...

7 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

SG has received  500000 doses. Vaccinations carried out by yesterday were 163000.

Scotland will received 500,000 during January. England have allocated themselves 200,000 a day. Scotland wanted to start using the Oxford vaccine late last week, but only receiving it to support a today start. Dont know other British allocation eg Wales and IoM or the rest of UK North Ireland.

Edited by Rufus

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

We are already looking at furloughing staff and players which is an awful step for a professional club to have to take and could impact our ability to compete when football returns.

:bairn Have these c***s even looked outside the door to see what's happening to other businesses around them?

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I actually don’t know but have the clubs actually been given these grants yet?
I know the Premiership clubs were complaining that they could not get the loans...

God knows. As I've said I've got very little sympathy for teams who said they would have no issues getting through the season now whining about the govt not getting cash to them quick enough.

Seems to always be people who hang about this thread like a bad smell that want it nuked.  God knows what they would do if it was. Return to dissecting small mammals I would presume.
Think it's the first time I've posted on your thread to be honest.

Your idea of buying Covid vaccinations on the black market in order to keep league 1 running is fucking tremendous btw

God knows. As I've said I've got very little sympathy for teams who said they would have no issues getting through the season now whining about the govt not getting cash to them quick enough.

My point is, that if they haven’t, who knows what may happen re them....

Just now, MuckleMoo said:

Think it's the first time I've posted on your thread to be honest.

Your idea of buying Covid vaccinations on the black market in order to keep league 1 running is fucking tremendous btw

It's not my idea mate  . I can just see Peter lawell down some back alley trying to do a deal with dellboy trotter.  No that would just be ludicrous. Don't believe everything Sargent Wilson tries to twist.

Depending how much of a farce the remainder turns out to be for the other 2 leagues i dare say the old talks on reconstruction will get wheeled out again for to call or null and void the leagues for the lower leagues ( we might have the prize money bit added in again) deja vu anyone