The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would presume Mr dust is talking about paying for vaccinations.  I'm not sure whether  if you are willing to pay for it like anything else then you can  get vaccinated the now just like testing.  No idea whether that's possible or not.

Not possible in the UK.

You can go to certain Arab states and pay.

FWIW they top two tiers will likely be shut down shortly.

Hibs been forced to play Celtic despite Celtic not being able to guarantee their players are Covid free, while Celtic also start a player they admitted a few days ago couldn't play due to leaving their "bubble".

Zero chance the government can let that go.

28 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

And this pile of cash football clubs have should be used to divert vaccines from NHS resources?

What whose talking about that?  I'm talking about individuals being able to get hold of it as it was pointed out that you can't buy a vaccine privately in the UK so that option for clubs ain't there.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What whose talking about that?  

Dear Christ.

You responded to a post by @MrDust suggesting that footballers should be vaccinated by further suggesting vaccines  could be bought directly from manufacturers and that these would be avail to the highest bidder.

And you have now edited the quoted post to try and change the very clear emphasis on your earlier posts.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Dear Christ.

You responded to a post by @MrDust suggesting that footballers should be vaccinated by further suggesting vaccines  could be bought directly from manufacturers and that these would be avail to the highest bidder.

And you have now edited the quoted post to try and change the very clear emphasis on your earlier posts.

I never suggested anything. I said that perhaps Mr dust was advocating buying vaccines privately but I had no idea whether this was possible. I then was told it wasn't. I then said that I would think any individual with enough cash could probably get their hands on a vaccine as unfortunately in this world if you are willing to pay enough for something you invariably can get hold of it. I've never advocated anything regarding teams buying vaccines or  taking vaccines away from anyone. That is simply complete tosh. There is a clear list of what people are prioritised in how the govt is handing out vaccines and this is in place to ensure those that are most susceptible to the virus are protected first quite rightly.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

So you're saying healthy young sportsmen should get the vaccine before the elderly and vulnerable?

Nope, I am pretty sure the elite footballers could have an organisation who could administer the vaccine better than our government. I'd bet the English Fa could for sure not so on the Scottish Fa. We have 3 vaccines out there yet we are fukn up getting it out in the public.

I know plenty within the NHS and care practice who have not received the vaccine and for me they should be first. I don't trust either governments to administer anything

Both governments have been protective of TV deals for football, not lives so why shouldn't the footballing governors spend some of that money on vaccines. If there was any justice there would be no football with the curve becoming multiple curves and will be for a while football or no football.

I was also having a dig at the dentist in the original post also.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Aye nae bother. Vaccinate the football players instead of those most at risk from dying of it so you can watch 22 people kick a ball about a park once a week. Get some perspective for fucks sake. 

This then followed in response to  @Rugster

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would presume Mr dust is talking about paying for vaccinations.  I'm not sure whether  if you are willing to pay for it like anything else then you can  get vaccinated the now just like testing.  No idea whether that's possible or not.

The clear inference is that it would be possible to vaccinate players regardless of the morality.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Nope, I am pretty sure the elite footballers could have an organisation who could administer the vaccine better than our government. I'd bet the English Fa could for sure not so on the Scottish Fa. We have 3 vaccines out there yet we are fukn up getting it out in the public.

I know plenty within the NHS and care practice who have not received the vaccine and for me they should be first. I don't trust either governments to administer anything

Both governments have been protective of TV deals for football, not lives so why shouldn't the footballing governors spend some of that money on vaccines. If there was any justice there would be no football with the curve becoming multiple curves and will be for a while football or no football.

Words fail me.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

This then followed in response to  @Rugster

The clear inference is that it would be possible to vaccinate players regardless of the morality.

That at no point again has me advocating anything .  Simply because i am asking someone whether something is possible doesn't mean for a minute I would want to go down that route. Mr dust raised it I was simply asking whether that was what he was talking about. Again I at no point said Scottish football should be paying money to jump the vaccination queue .

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That at no point again has me advocating anything .  Simply because i am asking someone whether something is possible doesn't mean for a minute I would want to go down that route. Mr dust raised it I was simply asking whether that was what he was talking about. Again I at no point said Scottish football should be paying money to jump the vaccination queue .

AustinPowers-parking-stuck-reversing-car

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You are saying vaccinate footballers ahead of the vulnerable though. There simply aren’t enough vaccines available at the moment yet you’re saying football authorities should pay to vaccinate footballers, thereby skipping the queue ahead of the vulnerable. You’ve posted some shit on this thread in the past but this really takes the cake.