The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Funny how this decision has been taken by the spfl without little or no correspondence or agreement from the clubs whilst every other decision seems to require one vote or another. 

There wasn’t a vote to suspend the season last year either.

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well I'm still waiting for someone to give me a reason for why testing couldn't have been carried out in. League one to allow it to carry on. And as I said finance should not be an issue.

Surely the best option would be to vaccine all the elite sportsmen/women.

The cost of testing versus vaccine surely must add up to more than the vaccine seeing as the dentist said it works on repeat. 

27 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

exactly this. The idea that the prem struggles weekly with positives but somehow covid doesn’t exist at league 1 and league 2 level is mental.

Whats far more likely is players have it - see Gaz Miller and mutch for the rangers game - and don’t know it. That’s not in itself a problem, just a shame the fucking thing is so easily transmitted! 

Thats my point exactly, we showed up 2 positive tests at the first try and we are a full time club. Can only imagine the amount you'd get back every week with all the part time teams who are not in as tight bubbles. 

There's no way a part time club can maintain a bubble as the players head off to their main jobs on construction sites and the like. The football authorities were taking the piss out of the government by allowing that and putting people at risk. So I've no problem with them stopping L1 and L2 on public safety grounds, but equally they should have stopped the Championship too because of Alloa and Arbroath; 40-odd part time players potentially spreading the virus around the country. I don't think we'll be restarting the season because this virus hasn't even peaked yet so expect to see the season null and void.

But they couldn't go down that line with the Championship because of Hearts, who would have went full heads-gone.

They've taken the easy decision to appease the government who were rightly looking at them because of Celtic.  They would not have done this if they weren't in the spotlight and government wouldn't have given a toss about football otherwise. 

Our season is over because of Celtic. 

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Surely the best option would be to vaccine all the elite sportsmen/women.

The cost of testing versus vaccine surely must add up to more than the vaccine seeing as the dentist said it works on repeat. 

So you're saying healthy young sportsmen should get the vaccine before the elderly and vulnerable?

Edited by NewBornBairn

50 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well I'm still waiting for someone to give me a reason for why testing couldn't have been carried out in. League one to allow it to carry on. And as I said finance should not be an issue.

You're the worst on here for putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. Most League 1 clubs have maintained from the very start that weekly testing would make completing the season impossible. You don't have a scooby what any clubs finances are like, nor what their outgoings are, so you can't say they should have no problem testing simply because you're aware of some money they've been given. 

You also keep harping on about how clubs were asked if they could complete the season at the start which is a bit disingenuous. Clubs weren't asked anything, they were told if they couldn't play they'd potentially face losing their league placing. Hence, every club signed up to keep their league place and hoped for the best. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

You're the worst on here for putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. Most League 1 clubs have maintained from the very start that weekly testing would make completing the season impossible. You don't have a scooby what any clubs finances are like, nor what their outgoings are, so you can't say they should have no problem testing simply because you're aware of some money they've been given. 

You also keep harping on about how clubs were asked if they could complete the season at the start which is a bit disingenuous. Clubs weren't asked anything, they were told if they couldn't play they'd potentially face losing their league placing. Hence, every club signed up to keep their league place and hoped for the best. 

Yes so they were asked and should not have agreed or just hoped for the best as that is a ridiculous way to run any business.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes so they were asked and should not have agreed or just hoped for the best as that is a ridiculous way to run any business.

The alternative was losing your league placing and potentially going out of business any way. Clubs were in a really difficult situation and you trying to simplify it down to a black and white choice is stupid. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The alternative was losing your league placing and potentially going out of business any way. Clubs were in a really difficult situation and you trying to simplify it down to a black and white choice is stupid. 

So their actions in talking pish to the spfl is now resulting in teams who could quite easily still be playing having to stop trading completely.  

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This may well finish me with football. The holes in this are remarkable.

It's a complete shambles once again. I reckon our bod will be extremely pissed off with the whole thing but will more than likely have to put out a softly softly statement to avoid criticism.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This may well finish me with football. The holes in this are remarkable.

All football needs to be shut down with immediate effect. Part time players may well be at risk of spreading the virus between occupations, but there is documented evidence of 20K per week jobbers not giving a stuff about protocols. 

They're going to get away Scot free here because the size of their squad means they can accommodate 13 players sitting on their arses quite easily.  They f**k up, 20 other teams get punished and they issue sniggering statements.

The game in this country is utterly fucked. 

11 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Pretty sure Botti Biabi is a much better player than *checks notes* oh god, Anton Dowds. Falkirk have one player worth watching - Callumn Morrison. The rest of that squad is absolutely mind numbing.

I love how there are about four thousand pages on here bodying player recruitment and Shadwell Dog is slagging part-time Stenny's signings, pure box office stuff.

And yet we’re top. That must really, really hurt you.