The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyway, while out my walk I was listening to the Totally Football Show and they were talking about Marine. One thing they're contemplating is merging the 20/21 and 21/22 season so that it's a full season played over 2 years. That's a not bad idea IMO

This is down to one thing and one thing only TV contracts.  Both the top flight and championship have contracts to show games and are therefor being allowed to continue. It's got nothing to do with safety or the whole shebang would've been suspended.

I’ve just said that [emoji3]
Of course it is.
SG may still choose to close down the rest yet if there’s been no discussion with the prior to the SPFL coming to this conclusion....

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

All this yet part-time Brora are currently en route to Dunipace for a Scottish Cup tie. Reeks of Scottish football booting the dug because they cant confront Celtic.

I wonder how many pundits & hangers-on will be in attendance at Celtic Park tonight.

Shut it all down.

Stopping at Alloa for Mike Mulraney to make their dinner in his mansion paid for with Falkirk's share of the Government grants.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve just said that emoji3.png
Of course it is.
SG may still choose to close down the rest yet if there’s been no discussion with the prior to the SPFL coming to this conclusion....

Going by the statement there was feck all discussion by the spfl with the sides that this was going to effect.  Surely they should've spoken to all league one sides and lower to see what the options were instead of simply imposing this on them.

Going by the statement there was feck all discussion by the spfl with the sides that this was going to effect.  Surely they should've spoken to all league one sides and lower to see what the options were instead of simply imposing this on them.

We’d have been waiting 28 days to get a consensus vote.....

Honestly, you know what's fucked me off over the past year as much as anything is that there's some big, bad narrative to punish us and that's why we're in this league. Folk greeting about us getting £150k and Championship clubs getting £500k. It's our own fault for continuing to incur running costs of a Championship club. If Rangers were still in League 1 and demanding millions would folk be saying that's only fair due to their running costs?
The sooner large swathes of our idiot fans realise we are where we are because we've been shite for a decade the better.
I do agree with this but think it does need to be remembered that for a lot of people the football club is seen as an extension of themselves. If something negative happens to club they feel it as if its happened to them personally.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can I be the first to correctly predict that the Premier and Championship will continue and finish the season while the leagues below will be declared null and void.  No relegation from the Championship at the end of the season as a result means we'll be confined to League One for season 2021/22.  

Is any other outcome remotely likely? 

I reckon they will at least try to get the season up to 18 games, I predicted the season would be 18 games afore a ball was kicked.

41 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Alloa and Arbroath are going to be tested every week from now on. That's why they're being allowed to continue to play.

If tested on a Thursday or Friday then part time players have their other job before a Friday Saturday game doesn't give you much hope of testing at a part time level being accurate.

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

What's the script with the Scottish Cup ties then? 

God knows but as I mentioned earlier are we supposed to face an Arbroath side able to strengthen in the January window without having played any football for weeks? Just not been thought through at all if that's the case.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

We’d have been waiting 28 days to get a consensus vote.....

The last consensus was when clubs were asked who would be able to complete a 27 game season. That was reached in no time.  No.reason for that to have changed to be honest.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I reckon they will at least try to get the season up to 18 games, I predicted the season would be 18 games afore a ball was kicked.

If tested on a Thursday or Friday then part time players have their other job before a Friday Saturday game doesn't give you much hope of testing at a part time level being accurate.

Exactly. If that's the main reason.for the fears about safety then letting Arbroath and alloa continue is just ludicrous even with testing . It's all about the TV money and nothing else which is crazy when lives are at risk.

37 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

German clubs all cancelled trips during their leagues winter break as it was the right thing to do, unfortunately celtic have a huge support including those who couldn't find parkhead on a map so we have a government that needs to look like it's being tough but not wanting to upset a huge number of voters, so we get screwed again while the catalyst for this gets away with a very stern talking too, just bol*ocks again. 

Scottish Govt condemned the decision SFA said the decision was made prior to lockdown and Celtic had no case to answer which to me is just plane wrong. But apparently they put measures in place to ensure no one caught Covid and look what happens.

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Scottish Govt condemned the decision SFA said the decision was made prior to lockdown and Celtic had no case to answer which to me is just plane wrong. But apparently they put measures in place to ensure no one caught Covid and look what happens.

Leitch also said they had done nothing wrong mind you which to me gave entirely the wrong impression. Pro sports travelling abroad for warm weather training is for some crazy reason allowed  whilst the rest of us can't drive 5 miles to a secluded spot for a walk. No idea why warm weather training would ever be deemed as essential when not one other club was doing it.

Surely when the govt was giving out it's grants it wouldn't have taken rocket science to ensure that they were given out over the pro leagues in a manner which ensured all teams could test on a weekly base if required thus preventing the need for the season to be suspended. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

My main gripe on this is the timing of it all. Nicola Sturgeon announced the new lockdown measures on the 4th of January. We are now on the 11th of January and the SPFL have suspended our leagues hours after Celtic flying to Dubai, returning a positive test leading to 13 others self isolating.

Maybe I’m completely wrong here but I feel that our leagues have been sacrificed to save SG shutting down football completely.

Just now, LauriestonBairn said:

My main gripe on this is the timing of it all. Nicola Sturgeon announced the new lockdown measures on the 4th of January. We are now on the 11th of January and the SPFL have suspended our leagues hours after Celtic flying to Dubai, returning a positive test leading to 13 others self isolating.

Maybe I’m completely wrong here but I feel that our leagues have been sacrificed to save SG shutting down football completely.

Is that not a good thing?