The Falkirk FC Thread

Israel has already vaccinated all its vulnerable and elderly people.
Job done with military precision.
Havent heard a word from the SG

8 million population and 1.5 million vaccinated to date.
Agree some good work there but unfortunately we continue to be hampered by the ongoing bungling incompetence that is Westminster....

Can I be the first to correctly predict that the Premier and Championship will continue and finish the season while the leagues below will be declared null and void.  No relegation from the Championship at the end of the season as a result means we'll be confined to League One for season 2021/22.  

Is any other outcome remotely likely? 

I think the spfl need to be clearer on the ruling here then. Has league one been shut down due to part time teams inability to provide a safe bubble? And if so why then are Alloa or Arbroath being allowed to play? If it's because they will be tested every week then what is preventing league one sides from testing every week having received a 50k payment to cover this month's ago and another 150k govt grant just recently. At the moment it seems more likely that the answer is well we really don't give a feck about clubs below the championship.

I don’t think it was specifically for testing. No such conditions were assigned.
Do you genuinely believe that all part time clubs are now cash rich because they got 50k?...

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can I be the first to correctly predict that the Premier and Championship will continue and finish the season while the leagues below will be declared null and void.  No relegation from the Championship at the end of the season as a result means we'll be confined to League One for season 2021/22.  

Is any other outcome remotely likely? 

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. This already shows that they don't give a feck for any club below the championship.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t think it was specifically for testing. No such conditions were assigned.
Do you genuinely believe that all part time clubs are now cash rich because they got 50k?...

The main reason was to help towards testing it was highlighted on at the time. The only other use for it was youth development I seem to recall. You certainly couldn't just spend it on anything you want. They have also just received 150k from the government so testing shouldn't be an issue. 

One important question is will the transfer window now be extended. No club below championship is going to sign anyone now if they don't know if or when we'll.be playing again. What a shambles.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wouldn't mind so much if it was all pro sport it's the fact that lower league clubs are getting shafted again.  The idea of us perhaps having to play Arbroath in 3 weeks time having not kicked a ball is just ludicrous.

It could be argued that we haven’t kicked a ball for the last three weeks either.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

8 million population and 1.5 million vaccinated to date.
Agree some good work there but unfortunately we continue to be hampered by the ongoing bungling incompetence that is Westminster....

SG has received  500000 doses. Vaccinations carried out by yesterday were 163000.

You remember all those years we spent in the Championship, getting shafted for promotion by the SPL or only rising to the occasion when top end Premiership clubs ended up in our division depriving us of our opportunity to get to the top flight?
It was a bit like Groundhog Day.
Beginning to feel like that all over again only we are a division lower and it feels even more like hell than before.....[emoji25]

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It could be argued that we haven’t kicked a ball for the last three weeks either.

I take your point but my point still stands. We aren't going to stand a chance if we haven't played for 3 weeks. Does this include training too or is it just matches?  Would seem even more ludicrous if players are still allowed to train  wouldn't surprise me with the spfl/govt.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Brace yourself, as posted the chances of football resuming/happening in our league is not very good. Null and void would be easy to implement and no relegation from Championship. Not only does this save Alloa & Arbroath but allows someone promotion into the big league. 

You're going to have to show your working as to why they would want to save Alloa and Arbroath and keep us and PTFC down.

Isn't the narrative that they only look after bigger teams? 🤔

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You're going to have to show your working as to why they would want to save Alloa and Arbroath and keep us and PTFC down.

Isn't the narrative that they only look after bigger teams? 🤔

Only looking after championship and above I'd say and feck the rest.

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think the spfl need to be clearer on the ruling here then. Has league one been shut down due to part time teams inability to provide a safe bubble? And if so why then are Alloa or Arbroath being allowed to play? If it's because they will be tested every week then what is preventing league one sides from testing every week having received a 50k payment to cover this month's ago and another 150k govt grant just recently. At the moment it seems more likely that the answer is well we really don't give a feck about clubs below the championship.

Screenshot_20210111-125522_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bcda683efc468355c264bc11fa8b0e59.jpg

The grant money to League 1/2 sides was to keep the lights on. You seem to moan like f**k about lower tier teams not being cared about, while simultaneously arguing they should unnecessarily pump all their money into testing and completely bankrupt themselves in the process.

League 1/2 should've been mothballed for a year, as shit as that is for Falkirk/Partick fans to accept, as there was always a high chance the season wouldn't be completed. If the situation gets any worse, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Championship follow. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Only looking after championship and above I'd say and feck the rest.

Frankly that's balls.

How many times over the years have people moaned about them only caring about top flight, and screw everyone else.

What they mean is "Oh they only care about [the leagues above my team's league]".

Some of the whining on this thread is generally, and today specifically, fucking embarrassing.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20210111-125522_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bcda683efc468355c264bc11fa8b0e59.jpg

The grant money to League 1/2 sides was to keep the lights on. You seem to moan like f**k about lower tier teams not being cared about, while simultaneously arguing they should unnecessarily pump all their money into testing and completely bankrupt themselves in the process.

League 1/2 should've been mothballed for a year, as shit as that is for Falkirk/Partick fans to accept, as there was always a high chance the season wouldn't be completed. If the situation gets any worse, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Championship follow. The top flight will be forced to continue as the TV money they bring in is currently propping up every division in terms of prize money.

If it's all about safety then surely Alloa and Arbroath should have their fixtures suspended too but they aren't so safety can't be the number one reason behind this. All clubs were asked if they would be able to complete a 27 game season. Any who said no were allowed to mothball. All clubs said yes so any moaning about testing now have little excuse.  And once again the TV money certainly isn't propping us up. The cash we get is tiny and could be covered elsewhere quite easily so the TV deal going tits up would have very little affect on us. 

The only valid whine, really, is if you want toake tha argument that all football should be stopped. And to be fair, that would be a perfectly reasonable argument to make. Stopping leagues which are carrying out testingay be more symbolic than practical, but since the government has seen fit to launch all of our lives into the doldrums for a sustained period of time, I dont think its unreasonable to make a symbolic gesture that no exceptions can be made.

From a purely selfish point of view, I would rather the whole lot got shut down since only that would give le any confidence of it actually coming back in a timely manner