The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I see the spurs fa cup tie sold 30,000 tickets so our game v celtic could be a potential money spinner if it's not on tv.

That was even though it was on the TV. Could never see Celtics hoardes doing that. All they do is take money out of Scottish football 

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd argue 4,000 is still optimistic but I take your point. It's also considerably more likely than the original post by MrDust. 

6000 was a random figure that was for sure achievable for a tie versus Motherwell. I latterly gave 4004 at 12.99 would be all you need to equal £26k. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee aren't selling seats for the game, I really can't explain it any simpler than I already have. If you're wanting to read what happened and then continue to make up bullshit, please do carry on. 

I couldn't give two hoots if Dundee were selling tartan paint to go and look as I have zero interest in all things Dundee. I'm sure that you posted that you paid £10 for a seat and I'm sure you suggested Falkirk to do the same. I apologise if I took your words that you paid money for a seat being selling a seat......strange that 

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I couldn't give two hoots if Dundee were selling tartan paint to go and look as I have zero interest in all things Dundee. I'm sure that you posted that you paid £10 for a seat and I'm sure you suggested Falkirk to do the same. I apologise if I took your words that you paid money for a seat being selling a seat......strange that 

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I never said to sell PPV. I said to do as Dundee just did - sell virtual tickets. Its nothing but a shitty email with some joey'd up pictures and a wee interview. I never even watched the game but still bought 4 tickets - £10 from me the club otherwise wouldn't have got. Dundee sold 4,500.

Awkward. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I wouldnt hold my breath on that, see Celtic have f**ked up as one of their players has tested positive for Covid after their Dubai break.

Giving NS ammunition for shutting the leagues down 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55611659

The excuse for shutting the leagues down will be to save lives.

Can you not comprehend how your comment will be seen by people that have encountered what Covid can do.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I wouldnt hold my breath on that, see Celtic have f**ked up as one of their players has tested positive for Covid after their Dubai break.

Giving NS ammunition for shutting the leagues down 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55611659

Can you not comprehend how your comment will be seen by people that have encountered what Covid can do.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You bought a virtual ticket for a virtual game or the recent cup game ?

Tick tock Dundee once again 

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

Obviously half a million not enough to finance Dundee if you are selling seats for a cup game.

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee aren't selling seats for the game, I really can't explain it any simpler than I already have. If you're wanting to read what happened and then continue to make up bullshit, please do carry on. 

I see the spurs fa cup tie sold 30,000 tickets so our game v celtic could be a potential money spinner if it's not on tv.

...another report had it at 20k, but the thinking behind it was to raise money for Marine. Seems that the ticket sale money from Spurs gave them around £230k.

From the reports today, it definitely looks like the rules are going to be tightened further and I suspect Professional Sport is on the table for being stopped.
I was trying to work out what the options could be in League One if, say, sport was cancelled to the end of February. With around 17-19 league fixtures to be played, playing every midweek you could possibly complete mid May at a stretch. Add cup ties to that challenge though.
Personally I think it’s likely that it’ll either be null and void or we reduce the league to 18 fixtures and get it completed. That latter option would need sport to be back in full swing by the mid-March to have any chance of being completed ahead of the Euros in June.
What I don’t know is what the voting arrangement and numbers needed would be for each of those scenarios?…

7 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

My point being its going to happen, as as pointed out earlier we have squads that are being allowed to move freely more or less around the country without knowing if anyone has it or not.  

The issue is what do we do with the leagues call them, null and void or suspend. As we havent learned anything from the end of last year as the clubs have allowed the SPFL or Doncaster so to speak to make the decision over that so expect another calamity over end of season.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

My point being its going to happen, as as pointed out earlier we have squads that are being allowed to move freely more or less around the country without knowing if anyone has it or not.  

The issue is what do we do with the leagues call them, null and void or suspend. As we havent learned anything from the end of last year as the clubs have allowed the SPFL or Doncaster so to speak to make the decision over that so expect another calamity over end of season.

Literally the opposite of your last paragraph is the case.

Doncaster and the board wanted executive powers to act if it all went Pete Tong again, but the clubs said no, meaning there will have to be a vote of some sort again.

15 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah I realise that just wondered at why his dad's  plans never saw the light of day.  

I think that may be because he wanted to build the Falkirk Stadium and all that was planned for the surrounding area but the Council plumped for Mowlem and then the money ran out?

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Where’s this coming from ?

It's on the SFA's website, which is currently creaking, but they've Tweeted it out as well.

Are these the only professional leagues in Europe to be postponed? 

Deaths and hospitalizations will be worse in 3 weeks than now. Pretty special short sightedness from the powers that be again imo. It’ll be months before we’re playing again. Cheers lads