The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Celtic in the cup is the type of draw that would have excited us a few years ago as we have had teams over the years that would have gave us hope.

Shows how far we have fallen when we are already seeing the tie, if we get through, as a chance to make £26k.

How we have fallen.

Where are you getting this? Not read one single post suggesting making 26k is some sort of coup. If fact I’d say the narrative has been quite the opposite, 26k is a drop in the ocean, be lucky if it even covers a players wage for the year. Under normal circumstances a tie at parkhead could easily be worth 200k to the club, that at least in some way compensates there being a higher than usual chance of being knocked out. In an  ideal world we get a more winnable tie but life’s not perfect unfortunately.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Where are you getting this? Not read one single post suggesting making 26k is some sort of coup. If fact I’d say the narrative has been quite the opposite, 26k is a drop in the ocean, be lucky if it even covers a players wage for the year. Under normal circumstances a tie at parkhead could easily be worth 200k to the club, that at least in some way compensates there being a higher than usual chance of being knocked out. In an  ideal world we get a more winnable tie but life’s not perfect unfortunately.

Who rattled you cage Edi ??

9 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m curious as to what has given you the impression people are celebrating a tie against Celtic because of a 26k windfall. I’ve seen nothing suggesting that’s how anybody has viewed  the tie

See the post below from another poster Edi. My post was around that it’s not a tie to be excited for anymore.

9 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I suspect it's more a comment that we don't even see it as a contest or a chance to give the OF a game, just a chance to pick up a hammering and some money.

Agreed, it doesn’t feel like we would have a chance going into this game, in years gone by you always had some sort of hope when playing the old firm.  Felt the same before the sevco tie, the gulf between where we were on the park even just a few seasons ago and now is massive. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, MrDust said:

6000 ppv is just short of 80lk

Where are you getting 6000 PPV in a Falkirk v Ross County game from? 

If you're that worried about losing income, why don't you do as Dundee done and sell virtual tickets for a televised game?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where are you getting 6000 PPV in a Falkirk v Ross County game from? 

If you're that worried about losing income, why don't you do as Dundee done and sell virtual tickets for a televised game?

What does a “virtual ticket” entail? If it’s a live televised game the clubs can’t sell PPV due to the tv contracts. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

If it’s a live televised game the clubs can’t sell PPV due to the tv contracts. 

I never said to sell PPV. I said to do as Dundee just did - sell virtual tickets. Its nothing but a shitty email with some joey'd up pictures and a wee interview. I never even watched the game but still bought 4 tickets - £10 from me the club otherwise wouldn't have got. Dundee sold 4,500.

Extend it and open it to Celtic fans. Charge £2.50 - or even £5 a pop. Fans get literally nothing out of it but you still get extra income into the club. Celtic fans would buy some too - people are helping clubs right now. Sitting doing nothing, wailing about getting Celtic and claiming (hilariously, IMO) that Falkirk v Ross County would bring in 6,000 PPV subs is achieving nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I never said to sell PPV. I said to do as Dundee just did - sell virtual tickets. Its nothing but a shitty email with some joey'd up pictures and a wee interview. I never even watched the game but still bought 4 tickets - £10 from me the club otherwise wouldn't have got. Dundee sold 4,500.

Extend it and open it to Celtic fans. Charge £2.50 - or even £5 a pop. Fans get literally nothing out of it but you still get extra income into the club. Celtic fans would buy some too - people are helping clubs right now. Sitting doing nothing, wailing about getting Celtic and claiming (hilariously, IMO) that Falkirk v Ross County would bring in 6,000 PPV subs is achieving nothing. 

I don’t have the figures of how many watch our streams, but I think it’s on you to prove it wouldn’t bring in more than £26k?

We get home gates of 3.5/4K plus regularly (in league 1). Say the stream is sold at £10 (less than most clubs are selling at) - that’s 40k spit 2 ways. Add in “away fans”, who aren’t really away fans cos they don’t have to leave their chair...is that gonna be less than 1k? Already getting close to £26k each there.

Never mind a raft of additional factors - no one has anything better to do, people can watch from their living rooms rather than the freezing cold etc etc 

If a Ross county or Motherwell brought in less than 26k, it certainly wouldn’t be by much.