The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

Don’t recall him knocking Dundee Utd back. Calling bullshit on that.

It was a couple of years ago he knocked them back. His managerial reputation won't get any better than it is just now. He won the scottish cup with St Johnstone and had them top 6 virtually every year.  He won't have a better chance of getting a really good job. He's hardly going to risk that to drop all the way back down to league one to manage us. His star is high no chance he'll be anywhere near us.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

Hearing both Gus MacPherson and Neil McCann have been spoken to by the Club in relation to the DoF role...Gus MacPherson ffs!!. Apparently he’s been at at least one game recently. 

If Rawlins wants a DoF then let him source one himself because clearly none of the idiots currently at the Club are qualified to make a decision like this. Let’s focus on getting the managerial situation sorted out before we go pissing even more money away on another dud.

You can see them appointing wee fat Gus in a day or two as dof, we get pumped off Arbroath and Montrose, M&M get binned and McPherson ends up in the dugout with his brand of anti football on an interim basis till the end of the season. It's how we roll. 

Much as I do not rate the current management team, I cannot see any change to the status quo, certainly not imminently and probably not before the end of the season, whenever that may be. At a club where image, and being seen to do the "right thing" , is of such importance, the optics of replacing a management team whilst we are at, or close to the top of the league, will far outweigh any of the legitimate concerns about their recruitment, style of play or approach to games against full-time opposition. Dundee got rid of a manager whilst they were top of the league - twice - and went on to be champions on both occasions but it's never going to be happening here. They will also be wary of the reaction of a certain section of the fan base to any such move: it's obvious what that would be. The hope will be that, despite recent results and performances, we'll still somehow manage to keep our nose in front and get over the line, as much due to the weakness of the opposition as to any great strengths we have on the pitch or in the dug-out. A gamble maybe, but probably a calculated one.

Much as I do not rate the current management team, I cannot see any change to the status quo, certainly not imminently and probably not before the end of the season, whenever that may be. At a club where image, and being seen to do the "right thing" , is of such importance, the optics of replacing a management team whilst we are at, or close to the top of the league, will far outweigh any of the legitimate concerns about their recruitment, style of play or approach to games against full-time opposition. Dundee got rid of a manager whilst they were top of the league - twice - and went on to be champions on both occasions but it's never going to be happening here. They will also be wary of the reaction of a certain section of the fan base to any such move: it's obvious what that would be. The hope will be that, despite recent results and performances, we'll still somehow manage to keep our nose in front and get over the line, as much due to the weakness of the opposition as to any great strengths we have on the pitch or in the dug-out. A gamble maybe, but probably a calculated one.

Some on them on the C.O.Y.B page, would storm the boardroom like the scenes we seen at Capitol Hill, if they got rid off managers with Falkirk Blood lol [emoji38]

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm sure they will be in constant contact with the Rawlins ever since the agm went the right way and won't be doing anything without running it past them first. Appointing a dof should've been done way before now. It's taken far far  too long. The only way our recruitment of both players and management will improve is with a dof at the club.  At the moment our bod are clueless when it comes to football and that's seen us plummet down the leagues. We would never have had the ray McKinnon feck up with a dof in place for example.If you're happy to put up with shit players coming in and clowns being appointed to run the side then by all means don't bother with a dof. 

A dof won't guarantee anything and isn't a miracle cure, not a dof but Alex Ferguson recommend David Moyes as his replacement, it's just not that simple.

I don't know why we need a dof tbh as said it's still no guarantee managerial roles or players incoming will improve, it's the structure of the club that needs to improve.

I'd guess the Rawlins will have their finger on the pulse as of now but our current board following their input is another thing.

Dean's has gave us more clarity than previous but we still need a progressive plan, which I'm hoping the Rawlins provide.

Frankly, if the Rawlins are the astute business people that so many are convinced that they are, any management structure that involves appointing a DoF and two managers to run a third tier club is not going to help their credibility much.....

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Tbh I think he was but he was an absolutely honking manager. 

He did ok at st Mirren mind you taking them into the top flight by winning the championship by 10 points and keeping them there .  We'd have taken that over the past decade .

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Frankly, if the Rawlings are the astute business people that so many are convinced that they are, and management structure that involves appointing a DoF and two managers to run a third tier club is not going to help their credibility much.....

Do we not want to see us starting up a development team etc with the long term goal being an academy. Dof is the first step towards that too surely unless you want the likes of deans etc trying to organise that too.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was a couple of years ago he knocked them back. His managerial reputation won't get any better than it is just now. He won the league cup with St Johnstone and had them top 6 virtually every year.  He won't have a better chance of getting a really good job. He's hardly going to risk that to drop all the way back down to league one to manage us. His star is high no chance he'll be anywhere near us.

Ah, so different circumstances entirely then given he was in a job with St. Johnstone at the time.  Dundee Utd overlooked him more recently in favour of Micky Mellon, and now Motherwell have opted for Graham Alexander instead, so not convinced his star is that high. Anyway, it was a hypothetical question to reiterate the point that no DoF should be getting appointed just now whilst there is so much uncertainty around the clowns in the dugout. In an ideal world, Rawlins comes in before February and in due course we announce a plan to get the club back where it belongs under a new management team and DoF (if required). Everyone pulling in the same direction rather than the current buffoons rushing into a key appointment now.

Edited by MSG GTF!

15 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A dof won't guarantee anything and isn't a miracle cure, not a dof but Alex Ferguson recommend David Moyes as his replacement, it's just not that simple.

I don't know why we need a dof tbh as said it's still no guarantee managerial roles or players incoming will improve, it's the structure of the club that needs to improve.

I'd guess the Rawlins will have their finger on the pulse as of now but our current board following their input is another thing.

Dean's has gave us more clarity than previous but we still need a progressive plan, which I'm hoping the Rawlins provide.

Moyes never stood a chance mind you. When you see the time and money solskjaers been given and won her haw and yet Moyes didn't even get a season. Dof can only help and is the first step towards getting the academy back up.  Important we get a reserve/development squad back up and running as at the moment it's very difficult for fringe players to get match fit or find form. We'd have been aswell leaving Blair sneddon at camelon God knows when he last played a proper game of football.

24 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Ah, so different circumstances entirely then given he was in a job with St. Johnstone at the time.  Dundee Utd overlooked him more recently in favour of Micky Mellon, and now Motherwell have opted for Graham Alexander instead, so not convinced his star is that high. Anyway, it was a hypothetical question to reiterate the point that no DoF should be getting appointed just now whilst there is so much uncertainty around the clowns in the dugout. In an idea world, Rawlins comes in before February and in due course we announce a plan to get the club back where it belongs under a new management team and DoF (if required). Everyone pulling in the same direction rather than the current buffoons rushing into a key appointment now.

So you'd rather we, if decided sack the managers, allowed the current crew who are utterly clueless on football to replace them and then bring in a dof. There's no logic in that whatsoever. A dof has a fresh set of unbiased eyes too.  Too many of the current bod appointed this pair and won't want to sack them and look bad.

St Johnstone had never won a major trophy in their history till he arrived. They ended up 4th 3 years on the trot under him and yet you don't think his star is high. Any club outside the old firm would be happy with those sort of results.  

I'd love him at Falkirk but it ain't going to happen currently.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Was Gus not well thought of by St Mirren in this exact role? Neil McCann may have a lot of good contacts and be more suited to this role rather than as a manager?
I’m not 100% sure what skillset is required to produce a good DoF so couldn’t support nor write off either of the two rumoured candidates.

I have learned to get the fear when someone gets even a wee bit of popularity because “he’s likely to have great contacts within the game”. For us, that tends to mean “he’s got the phone numbers of ten highly rated managers who all think he’s a tiresome dick that they can’t be arsed with”.

2 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

When do you guys announce the winners of 50 50 draw,I’m not a falkirk fan but spent a tenner as would imagine worth winning,can’t see it anywhere ??

Possibly will carry it over to Tuesday mate as the game was postponed.

2 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

When do you guys announce the winners of 50 50 draw,I’m not a falkirk fan but spent a tenner as would imagine worth winning,can’t see it anywhere ??

They'll most likely do it on Tuesday as that's when the game is I'd imagine but i'm not 100% on that.