The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If you're happy to put up with shit players coming in and clowns being appointed to run the side then by all means don't bother with a dof. 

Shit players won’t be as big an issue if we appoint the right manager in the first place.

Quite enjoying this road to hampden 97. Hard to believe I was my sons age back then, shame he doesn't have any Falkirk heroes of his own yet, crunchie was my idol then but there's just no one like that or hasn't been for quite some time now. Probably vaulks the closest to being the last one for some of the younger lads. 

4 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Shit players won’t be as big an issue if we appoint the right manager in the first place.

The more contacts you have within the club the better. We've got two boys with no experience of management whose contacts have so far produced feck all and noone to lean on so it's no surprise they are struggling.

8 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Quite enjoying this road to hampden 97. Hard to believe I was my sons age back then, shame he doesn't have any Falkirk heroes of his own yet, crunchie was my idol then but there's just no one like that or hasn't been for quite some time now. Probably vaulks the closest to being the last one for some of the younger lads. 

Allagui-5-480x600.jpg

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The more contacts you have within the club the better. We've got two boys with no experience of management whose contacts have so far produced feck all and noone to lean on so it's no surprise they are struggling.

No one to lean on? For an alleged £100k I wouldn’t be expecting them to lean on anyone. Get them to f*ck if they aren’t cutting the mustard. Appoint a manager who knows what he’s doing rather than sticking with two egomaniacs who are more interested in being everyone’s pal.

Hypothetical question here. Let’s say Rawlins comes in and we put a package together that interested Tommy Wright. Do you think he’d be content taking orders from the likes of Gus MacPherson or Neil McCann?

We’d need to chuck an absolute shitload of cash for Tommy Wright to even consider joining our rabble. Never happening.

As for this DoF role pish is it not just more so to have a football person on the board so we don’t have to wanks like Campbell, Thomson and Miller who have no clue about football and making an arse of things constantly.

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

We’d need to chuck an absolute shitload of cash for Tommy Wright to even consider joining our rabble. Never happening.

Unlikely I agree given our current status, but we’re prepared to chuck in excess of £135k on two inexperienced duds and a DoF. 

As for this DoF role pish is it not just more so to have a football person on the board so we don’t have to wanks like Campbell, Thomson and Miller who have no clue about football and making an arse of things constantly.

We have thrown shit loads of cash at too many duds for years now. At least he has a good track record and reputation.

If we are serious about the longer term plan I am still to see anything on the football front that is a plan how we are going to move forward properly. One thing is for sure the manager position is THE key appointment and the next one has to give us an indication we are serious or still going to play at it. Tommy Wright would show we are at least serious

Again anyone who thinks Rawlins isn't involved already isn't thinking straight. Do you really think this guy is going to invest 300k plus without having an involvement in what is going on at this point. We'll not be appointing anyone without it getting passed through him first.  Jesus Christ  Tommy Wright. He left St Johnstone as he felt he'd taken them as far as he could. He's hardly going to be interested in dropping to league one in that case. Honestly.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again anyone who thinks Rawlins isn't involved already isn't thinking straight. Do you really think this guy is going to invest 300k plus without having an involvement in what is going on at this point. We'll not be appointing anyone without it getting passed through him first.  Jesus Christ  Tommy Wright. He left St Johnstone as he felt he'd taken them as far as he could. He's hardly going to be interested in dropping to league one in that case. Honestly.

Money talks. He’s been out the game for 8 months and will be keen to get back in. Sell him a 5 year plan of establishing Premier League football. Fresh new investment. Redevelopment of the youth setup...Unlikely yes, but don’t think it’s as far fetched as you’re making out.

Depends if he fancies a proper challenge I guess.

Just now, MSG GTF! said:

Money talks. He’s been out the game for 8 months and will be keen to get back in. Sell him a 5 year plan of establishing Premier League football. Fresh new investment. Redevelopment of the youth setup...Unlikely yes, but don’t think it’s as far fetched as you’re making out.

More chance of guardiola getting the job. The Rawlins have invested 300k not 3 million quid. He's knocked back far bigger clubs than us for starters.

If we are looking at bringing in another manager if the next result or two don't go our way then I certainly wouldn't be giving another penny to M&M to bring in players, what's the point if they are going to be out on their arse. Last January we ended up with shite like Todd and Di Vita.