The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've been going since early 80s and I can never remember any cheering of old firm results apart from when they were getting beat. I do remember a ginger headed boy who used to attend games with his Falkirk scarf on till we played Celtic when he'd swap it for a Celtic one.  Used to hate how the home end would get filled with rangers and Celtic fans back in the 80s though.  Really pissed me off.

Can't say I've heard owt myself too, same bracket of time including a season ticket for the main stand cause that was the only place you could buy one back then.

I recall one Rangers game cramped in choir area, couldn't see much of the park like many others with it being filled with opposition fans, one larger opposition fan doing commentary was not the most enjoyable way to watch your team.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I presume the game will be rearranged for midweek?
If that game cannot be played at Arbroath I think there’s an argument for switching the game to TFS.....

Wednesday I think was posted pre game for reschedule if off

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Can't say I've heard owt myself too, same bracket of time including a season ticket for the main stand cause that was the only place you could buy one back then.

I recall one Rangers game cramped in choir area, couldn't see much of the park like many others with it being filled with opposition fans, one larger opposition fan doing commentary was not the most enjoyable way to watch your team.

Wednesday I think was posted pre game for reschedule if off

Think even more home fans used to boycott the games back then than now due to the whole infiltration of the home end and that of course made it worse. 

Interestingly (or not) whilst browsing for the names of non-descript centre-halves from the early 2000s I came across this absolutely stunning Geocities website: Clicky.
I'd encourage every Falkirk supporter to have a browse of this absolute gem.
I learned that I made the 9.68 billionth google search and my prize is on the way, so cheers for that pal.
Loads of our 'fans' would love Barry Ferguson
Aye, I see you covered the McCoist thing subsequently but I was proper bricking it when he was being touted for us.

13 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

When the new club played Stirling Albion (whose manager was away getting married IIRC) in Division 3, we were going down the stairs in the SS at FT, and Dave the tannoy man announced the final score of 1-0 to the Binos, myself and my companion fell about laughing.

I then got a mouthful of abuse from an auld wifie behind me saying we "shouldn't be laughing at them". This made us laugh even harder, and she was of course totally ignored.

That woman is exactly the type of person that would love Wee Baz the crab turn up at TFS. There's a lot of them about.

Reason #834 as to why women shouldn’t be allowed to go to games.

Hearing both Gus MacPherson and Neil McCann have been spoken to by the Club in relation to the DoF role...Gus MacPherson ffs!!. Apparently he’s been at at least one game recently. 

If Rawlins wants a DoF then let him source one himself because clearly none of the idiots currently at the Club are qualified to make a decision like this. Let’s focus on getting the managerial situation sorted out before we go pissing even more money away on another dud.

16 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Hearing both Gus MacPherson and Neil McCann have been spoken to by the Club in relation to the DoF role...Gus MacPherson ffs!!. Apparently he’s been at at least one game recently. 

If Rawlins wants a DoF then let him source one himself because clearly none of the idiots currently at the Club are qualified to make a decision like this. Let’s focus on getting the managerial situation sorted out before we go pissing even more money away on another dud.

Just f**king no on both counts we would be as well running back to club "legend" Gowser again asking him to be DoF 

As for the manager bit we have 2 just now until it goes panic stations and critical just leave it as is.

45 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Was Gus not well thought of by St Mirren in this exact role? Neil McCann may have a lot of good contacts and be more suited to this role rather than as a manager?
I’m not 100% sure what skillset is required to produce a good DoF so couldn’t support nor write off either of the two rumoured candidates.

Edited by wee_bairn

49 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Surely you want the dof in before you replace the manager. We don't want this bod choosing another dud to go along with the other 7 that have been appointed since Hughes left.  Houston apart it's been one dreadful appointment after another. Dof should be heading the recruitment of a new manager whenever that may be.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely you want the dof in before you replace the manager. We don't want this bod choosing another dud to go along with the other 7 that have been appointed since Hughes left.  Houston apart it's been one dreadful appointment after another. Dof should be heading the recruitment of a new manager whenever that may be.

Depends how you look at it. I’m not entirely convinced we need a DoF at all, certainly not in League One. I get the impression the morons running our Club see a DoF as being a crucial appointment to assist M&M rather than just punting the two of them for being out their depth. A DoF on top of M&M’s salaries take us up to circa £135k minimum. I wouldn’t be allowing any more footballing decisions until Rawlins arrives. If he decides he wants a DoF then I’m all for that, so long as he is heavily involved in the recruitment. I don’t trust any of the idiots we have just now.

11 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Depends how you look at it. I’m not entirely convinced we need a DoF at all, certainly not in League One. I get the impression the morons running our Club see a DoF as being a crucial appointment to assist M&M rather than just punting the two of them for being out their depth. A DoF on top of M&M’s salaries take us up to circa £135k minimum. I wouldn’t be allowing any more footballing decisions until Rawlins arrives. If he decides he wants a DoF then I’m all for that, so long as he is heavily involved in the recruitment. I don’t trust any of the idiots we have just now.

I'm sure they will be in constant contact with the Rawlins ever since the agm went the right way and won't be doing anything without running it past them first. Appointing a dof should've been done way before now. It's taken far far  too long. The only way our recruitment of both players and management will improve is with a dof at the club.  At the moment our bod are clueless when it comes to football and that's seen us plummet down the leagues. We would never have had the ray McKinnon feck up with a dof in place for example.If you're happy to put up with shit players coming in and clowns being appointed to run the side then by all means don't bother with a dof. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog