The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, steveffc said:
3 hours ago, Gaz said:
Loads of our 'fans' would love Barry Ferguson

Source? It be like Neil Lennon rocking up after he got punted from Celtic, what point you trying to make?

When the new club played Stirling Albion (whose manager was away getting married IIRC) in Division 3, we were going down the stairs in the SS at FT, and Dave the tannoy man announced the final score of 1-0 to the Binos, myself and my companion fell about laughing.

I then got a mouthful of abuse from an auld wifie behind me saying we "shouldn't be laughing at them". This made us laugh even harder, and she was of course totally ignored.

That woman is exactly the type of person that would love Wee Baz the crab turn up at TFS. There's a lot of them about.

25 minutes ago, steveffc said:
3 hours ago, Gaz said:
Loads of our 'fans' would love Barry Ferguson

Source? It be like Neil Lennon rocking up after he got punted from Celtic, what point you trying to make?

A few years back when Ally McCoist was out of a job there were a few rumours that he was on his way to us. There were more than a few fans absolutely creaming themselves at this prospect.

Given that McCoist had failed at the only half-serious test he'd had as a manager, it sure as hell wasn't his ability that had a number of our fans excited about it.

Edited by Gaz

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

When the new club played Stirling Albion (whose manager was away getting married IIRC) in Division 3, we were going down the stairs in the SS at FT, and Dave the tannoy man announced the final score of 1-0 to the Binos, myself and my companion fell about laughing.

I then got a mouthful of abuse from an auld wifie behind me saying we "shouldn't be laughing at them". This made us laugh even harder, and she was of course totally ignored.

That woman is exactly the type of person that would love Wee Baz the crab turn up at TFS. There's a lot of them about.

There used to be an audible cheer at Brockville at times when the Rangers result was read out over the tannoy.

33 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

There used to be an audible cheer at Brockville at times when the Rangers result was read out over the tannoy.

? Really?  Don't remember that.  Where I was stood/sat, big cheer when the feckkers lost, then yes, absolutely.  

12 hours ago, Russ said:

Scott Mercer is shite but still an upgrade on Doyle imo. Put the game on for 5 minutes and seen him defending the back post dreadfully to concede a goal then 5 minutes later miles out of position when they should’ve scored again. Sometimes forget just how fucking garbage he is.

Aye but he’s a character on social media.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Must've been before my time.

I can remember it and I started going in about 87.

Brockville's proximity to the town centre meant you'd get a regular stream of folk who weren't really Falkirk supporters but had wandered down with their mates for something to do.

51 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I assume if our league does get stopped, it’s not season over? Reckon they’ll try and resume in a few months and at least get to 18 games before calling it

I can't see them postponing it. I think if it stops, that'll be it.

22 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I can remember it and I started going in about 87.

Brockville's proximity to the town centre meant you'd get a regular stream of folk who weren't really Falkirk supporters but had wandered down with their mates for something to do.

I've been going since early 80s and I can never remember any cheering of old firm results apart from when they were getting beat. I do remember a ginger headed boy who used to attend games with his Falkirk scarf on till we played Celtic when he'd swap it for a Celtic one.  Used to hate how the home end would get filled with rangers and Celtic fans back in the 80s though.  Really pissed me off.

14 minutes ago, matthew1876 said:

Can’t help but feel that the game being off is a bad thing for us - as had been mentioned, this was somewhat of a free hit for M&M, so would have been interesting to see how they approached it 

Yeah cause even if m and m reveal Messi as the new signing between now and the game getting played we still Cannae play him.