The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't want a novice either that's not what I said. We've got novices just now. Someone who has cut their teeth at a part time club been reasonably successful and is now looking to take a step up is what I'd like to see.  Of course the fact is that any experienced manager will need to be on the way down to join us as we are in league one FFS. The likes of McIntyre for instance was at Dundee last. Only reason he would contemplate joining us is if he can't get a gig higher up the leagues. If he can't do that then he's on his way down obviously. Same with all the others mentioned.

I’d follow the Livvy model that’s worked well for them.

Gary Holt as first team coach with Paul Ferris as Director of Football.

Interestingly (or not) whilst browsing for the names of non-descript centre-halves from the early 2000s I came across this absolutely stunning Geocities website: Clicky.

I'd encourage every Falkirk supporter to have a browse of this absolute gem.

Might be right on that with leagues getting stopped:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55525110

Nicola Sturgeon warns professional sport 'all bets are off' amid Covid outbreak

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is warning that "all bets are off" if those involved in Scottish professional sport do not respect extra privileges. 

A new stay at home message is now being enforced in Scotland amid rising cases of Covid-19.

But hundreds of untested football players and coaching staff will travel across the country this weekend for Scottish Cup second-round fixtures.

31 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Interestingly (or not) whilst browsing for the names of non-descript centre-halves from the early 2000s I came across this absolutely stunning Geocities website: Clicky.

I'd encourage every Falkirk supporter to have a browse of this absolute gem.

This is amazing, some other long gone FFC web pages of yore — Ruperts Roar, Bairn in Holland, and (thank f**k) One F

47 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Like everyone on here, even seeing the games streamed Is a lifeline to the world we live in at present. However never understood we could send out players to go close contact with one another without testing. Russian roulette at its best....

I think it’s being so miserable that makes you happy.

Left to you, everything would stop!