The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Darren Young was interest in the job before we gave it to Cracks and Miller

Really? I’d rather have him than macintyre McCann etc.

Based on last Saturday though I doubt he’d want the gig 

I like the concept of that but doesn’t leave many options. I don’t want a novice. Just because someone is on the merry-go-round doesn’t mean they’re on the way down.
We're pretty far down to be looking at a manager on the way up. Would put us in the position of taking a risk on someone like Derek Ure or Ricky Waddell.

5 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:
I like the concept of that but doesn’t leave many options. I don’t want a novice. Just because someone is on the merry-go-round doesn’t mean they’re on the way down.

We're pretty far down to be looking at a manager on the way up. Would put us in the position of taking a risk on someone like Derek Ure or Ricky Waddell.

Yeah. Prefer that strategy where  someone has gained experience at that level and done well rather than a May or M and M thrust in to a high or pretty high level.

Andy Rodgers just been let go as Asst Manager of the Shire, has a connection to the club 

and no I'm not being serious, we're not at panic stations yet but i think they will be if the next 2 l- 3 league games dont get turned around and we find ourselves off the top and into 3rd or worse

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Andy Rodgers just been let go as Asst Manager of the Shire, has a connection to the club 

and no I'm not being serious, we're not at panic stations yet but i think they will be if the next 2 l- 3 league games dont get turned around and we find ourselves off the top and into 3rd or worse

He just signed for Kelty as a player. I'd probably rather have him than Sammon/Dowds/Francis in all seriousness. He's third top scorer in the LL or something.

(Not advocating we sign Andy Rodgers btw but he might legitimately be better than the three musketeers mentioned above)

I was on a bit of a stag do with Andy Rodgers as we have a couple of mutual friends. It was on the day Scotland beat France 1-0 at Hampden.

That's my trivia for the day

I was on a bit of a stag do with Andy Rodgers as we have a couple of mutual friends. It was on the day Scotland beat France 1-0 at Hampden.
In Scotland v France at Hampden tales, I spent all week chasing a ticket in the run up for that, then gave up hope on the Friday night and arranged a day out starting off with cans and the football at a mates house.

Shortly after I arrived at my mates house the call came.... Theres a ticket if you can get to the bus before it leaves.

Na, says I. Iv already got a carry out here and we'll probably get fucked anyway.

Still raging at myself yet.

1 minute ago, Hammyton said:

Andy is a good lad.  

Aye. I only spoke to him briefly as he'd just popped in to the pub for a wee while.

What a day that was by the way. Pub, Scotland beating France, night out in Glasgow, chicken dippers. Lovely stuff.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
2 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Derek Ure??? This must be a wind up

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Oh, Caldwell, there's an idea! Hadn't thought about him.

2 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I don't want a novice either that's not what I said. We've got novices just now. Someone who has cut their teeth at a part time club been reasonably successful and is now looking to take a step up is what I'd like to see.  Of course the fact is that any experienced manager will need to be on the way down to join us as we are in league one FFS. The likes of McIntyre for instance was at Dundee last. Only reason he would contemplate joining us is if he can't get a gig higher up the leagues. If he can't do that then he's on his way down obviously. Same with all the others mentioned.

I always remember my mate saying to me,  you know you are getting old when someone you were at school with laddie gets a game with Falkirk when Andy Rodgers made his debut.

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

I always remember my mate saying to me,  you know you are getting old when someone you were at school with laddie gets a game with Falkirk when Andy Rodgers made his debut.

It would be the grandson of someone you were at school with nowadays mate!:lol:

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
3 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

someone like Derek Ure or Ricky Waddell.

Wooooft. 😂

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Aye. I only spoke to him briefly as he'd just popped in to the pub for a wee while.

What a day that was by the way. Pub, Scotland beating France, night out in Glasgow, chicken dippers. Lovely stuff.

Had one the best days that day as well, amateur team I played for were playing in the Scottish against some Fife mob, 5-1 down at half time, we came back and won 7-5, all back to the pub to celebrate and watch the Scotland game, scenes when caldwell scored and we won, thought f**k it and majority went home and got ready and we headed to destiny in Glasgow and got utterly MWI but the full place was buzzin from the game, Sauchie Hall Street was bouncing into the wee hours. Good Times.