The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

“Loans are always a bit cheaper and sometimes you can get a player of a higher quality for a lower price, so to speak.”

A Mcracken quote yet we've made two loan signings this season. Makes sense us going for another back up keeper on loan but I can't understand why we're not trying to strengthen elsewhere with loans when we have 6 available this season.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/falkirk-boss-confirms-ongoing-transfer-talks-after-premiership-recall/?fbclid=IwAR3wMX4-yiuosEyFvyJKSTBQHjrR9hvMMuzc3u-Gu_bYdUoSuP-km7_DHzk

Judged on our two loans this season of untried youngsters, they obviously will be a bit cheaper, I fukn hope so.

I wouldn't be surprised if McManus was our highest wage last season.

I'd have thought JP would be available again after Motherwell got Kelly on loan but I watched the Fasanesque display of their no2 keeper on Saturday

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

I reckon I hated the ones like Paton, Haber, McShane etc more than the random dross from the English lower leagues. These guys had been fine at championship level or above but abysmal for us.

True (apart from Dennon Lewis who was a complete dick). They were signed by Hartley and it wasn't really their fault, they just simply weren't good enough. The ones who had performed at that level before and simply didn't show up, or couldn't be arsed, pissed me off more.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

I reckon I hated the ones like Paton, Haber, McShane etc more than the random dross from the English lower leagues. These guys had been fine at championship level or above but abysmal for us.

McShane started off alright when we went on that decent run. Hung around far too long though. Paton came onto a bit of a game once he got his off-field stuff sorted out. 

Someone mentioned Waddington who started off well but seemed to fade away. 

Haber, Lewis, Dallison and Sammut had no redeeming features.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

8 hours ago, Russ said:

So I’ve went back and from summer 2018 until now we have signed the following:

Patrick Brough
Prince Buaben
Harry Burgoyne
Tom Dallison
Paul Dixon
Mustapha Dumbuya
Leo Fasan
Dimitris Froxylias
Rees Greenwood
Marcus Haber
Scott Harrison
Andy Irving
Aaron Jarvis
Davis Keillor-Dunn
Dennon Lewis
Dylan Mackin
Ross Maclean
Ciaran McKenna
Ian McShane
Abdul Osman
Tom Owen-Evans
Paul Paton
Deimantas Petravicius
Zak Rudden
Mark Russell
Ruben Sammut
Nikolay Todorov
Dan Turner
Mark Waddington
Cammy Bell
Gregor Buchanan
Aidan Connolly
Rafa De Vita
Mikey Doyle
Mark Durnan
Callum Ferrie
Morgaro Gomis
Ben Hall
Denny Johnstone
Robbie Leitch
Louis Longridge
Declan McManus
Gary Miller
David McMillan
Lewis Moore
Conor Sammon
Charlie Telfer
Michael Tidser
Josh Todd
Lewis Toshney
Blair Alston
Euan Devaney
Anton Dowds
Akeel Francis
Aidan Keena
Shaun Kelly
Scott Mercer
PJ Morrison
Callumn Morrison
Blair Sneddon

That’s 60 players there which Id say at least 50 of them have been failures. Genuinely some skill to get player recruitment so horribly wrong over such a period of time and under 4 different managers but even managed it.

Wow, must have taken some amount of time to come up with that lot. How did you manage to include Ciaran McKenna and forget The Edge? I can still see that collision in that Morton game that cost the 2nd goal

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Don’t think your too far off the mark regarding the game being off. From the latest infection rates in UK & Scotland, and multiple outbreaks at clubs all over, wouldn’t surprise me that this weekend for those games playable may be the last for a few weeks. High chance our FM will put football on hold till the end of February......

You seem to delight in misery.

Personally, I see no reason for games to be cancelled unless the participants are infected.

25 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Judged on our two loans this season of untried youngsters, they obviously will be a bit cheaper, I fukn hope so.

I wouldn't be surprised if McManus was our highest wage last season.

I'd have thought JP would be available again after Motherwell got Kelly on loan but I watched the Fasanesque display of their no2 keeper on Saturday

Yeah after that performance I'd imagine he'll be sitting second fiddle to Kelly for the forseeable. We're in desperate need of some energy throughout the team so I'd take a couple of untried youth players as they'll be coming here to prove themselves. Obviously we need to do our homework and get the right type of players on loan instead of panic signing like Deveney but there are youths there capable of improving our team. PJ was a shining example of that, had we not had a permanent keeper in Mutch we'd have all been happy having PJ on loan as our first choice goalkeeper for the season.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Don’t think your too far off the mark regarding the game being off. From the latest infection rates in UK & Scotland, and multiple outbreaks at clubs all over, wouldn’t surprise me that this weekend for those games playable may be the last for a few weeks. High chance our FM will put football on hold till the end of February......

Football has been on hold at Falkirk for a decade! 

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

For those that want M&M sacked, out of curiosity, who would you want in in their place?

Some cracking names been suggested so far, Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre and David Hopkin being the picks of the bunch. There's a guy who's doing really well and has his team well clear at the top of L2. Don't know why we don't consider him? :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Feck sake a Reddy for explaining to someone where to look to get some info. Times are hard but Jesus wept.😂😂

You love a “Jesus wept”. 

I’ll give you McCann and Hopkins but still don’t see a big issue with McIntyre. Decent record overall and would be a solid appointment. Doesn’t tick the ‘connection to the club’ box I suppose.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

4 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

You love a “Jesus wept”. 

I’ll give you McCann and Hopkins but still don’t see a big issue with McIntyre. Decent record overall and would be a solid appointment. Doesn’t tick the ‘no connection to the club’ box I suppose.

McIntyre who knows. As I said previously I'd like us to try someone on the way up in their career although not a complete novice than someone on the way down.  McIntyre was poor at Dundee and did knock us back before that although whether at that stage he'd been tipped off about another job who knows. Hopkin can't be that bad as he took livi up two divisions from exactly where we are the now. However, he seems to leave at the drop of a hat.  If I had a choice I'd say put all our efforts into trying to get Petrie from Montrose.  Might say no but you don't know till you ask.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McIntyre who knows. As I said previously I'd like us to try someone on the way up in their career although not a complete novice than someone on the way down.  McIntyre was poor at Dundee and did knock us back before that although whether at that stage he'd been tipped off about another job who knows. Hopkin can't be that bad as he took livi up two divisions from exactly where we are the now. However, he seems to leave at the drop of a hat.  If I had a choice I'd say put all our efforts into trying to get Petrie from Montrose.  Might say no but you don't know till you ask.

I like the concept of that but doesn’t leave many options. I don’t want a novice. Just because someone is on the merry-go-round doesn’t mean they’re on the way down.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

You love a “Jesus wept”. 

I’ll give you McCann and Hopkins but still don’t see a big issue with McIntyre. Decent record overall and would be a solid appointment. Doesn’t tick the ‘connection to the club’ box I suppose.

Well, if we've got to have someone with a club connection I'd go for Martin Rennie. Young guy, still on the way up, with a terrific track record. I'm sure we'd have no trouble in luring him away from Indianapolis! 

Darren Young was interest in the job before we gave it to Cracks and Miller