The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Reilly wasnt a St Mirren player when Stubbs came in. 

As said previously it's a free hit on Saturday, yep prize money greater for Scottish cup for an extended run but I don't believe the M&M future is dependent on that game, we still have a board that repays relegation with managers keeping their jobs and being allowed to spunk cash for promotion when they were previously out their depth.

Hartley been the only time I've seen us be quick about a sacking, tho we were a laughing stock in TV, press and media about our comedy signings. 

If we are to change managers, then it should be after the Montrose game, whilst Jan window is open. We should have our feelers out now incase with no Rays please.

Reilly was offered a contract by Ross. Ross left and Stubbs then took that contract off the table supposedly although he disputes that ,and so Reilly left. 

The Arbroath game is still important imho as a win gets the confidence up at least. Another defeat and it's not going to help get us ready for Montrose. I agree though I doubt they will leave after Saturday whilst we are still top of the league.

I know this will get slated but I think Sammon would be worth a shot at left mid. He’s a shite finisher, however, he does still have good pace, strength and is decent with his feet. With Connelly being out, we really don’t have many decent options there so it could be worth a try

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Reilly was offered a contract by Ross. Ross left and Stubbs then took that contract off the table supposedly although he disputes that ,and so Reilly left. 

The Arbroath game is still important imho as a win gets the confidence up at least. Another defeat and it's not going to help get us ready for Montrose. I agree though I doubt they will leave after Saturday whilst we are still top of the league.

The press had Ross taking Reilly to Sunderland so much so I thought he was there. In any case Stubbs wouldn't have any real reason to judge Reilly as player other than previous opposition. 

The cup game obviously has importance for form change but I don't think anyone would choose a win over Arbroath to league success, yep I want both but league first is key and as club we ain't that ruthless.

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

I know this will get slated but I think Sammon would be worth a shot at left mid. He’s a shite finisher, however, he does still have good pace, strength and is decent with his feet. With Connelly being out, we really don’t have many decent options there so it could be worth a try

I wouldn't be keen as a starter at left mid but for sure from the bench.

He has had a few decent performances recently but still isn't the answer up top for us 

27 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I'd rather we just signed a decent left winger to compete with.connolly to be honest. The thought of sammon helping the left back out defensively doesn't fill me full of hope.

Mutch

Mercer Hall Dixon Kelly

Morrison Alston Gomis Telfer

Francis Keena

For me on Saturday, obviously assuming Keena's fit enough to start and Connolly's still out injured. Dowds and Sammon need dropped completely and I wouldn't mind seeing Francis get another shot at it even if that means he's the one played out wide left.

Edited by FFC 1876

I'd rather we just signed a decent left winger to compete with.connolly to be honest. The thought of sammon helping the left back out defensively doesn't fill me full of hope.

I definitely agree with this. I was merely saying it would be something worth trying in our current situation. I would also be worried about Sammon supporting the left back

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch

Mercer Hall Dixon Kelly

Morrison Alston Gomis Telfer

Francis Keena

For me on Saturday, obviously assuming Keena's fit enough to start and Connolly's still out injured. Dowds and Sammon need dropped completely and I wouldn't mind seeing Francis get another shot at it even if that means he's the one played out wide left.

Mutch

Miller Hall Dixon Kelly

Gomis

Morrison Todd Connolly

Keena Dowds

I’d go 

Mutch

Miller Hall Dixon Kelly

Morrison Gomis Telfer Connolly

Sammon Keena

If Connolly is still injured I’d play Telfer there and Todd in the middle. Dowds is awful it’s like having a big coo upfront whereas at least Sammon is getting into the right positions, so Sammon just ahead of Francis for me.

Edited by CC52 FFC

Not so sure I agree with, for me  it’s exactly what we need. Tough ground but a tie we should be confident of winning. One of the days away sorely missed. 
Also a measure for all to see what response to a dismal last few games. I,ll take with a pinch of salt the earlier post about defeat and M&M walking. 

They should already be gone

Mutch
Miller Hall Dixon Kelly
Gomis
Morrison Todd Connolly
Keena Dowds

Todd and Dowds play we would be as well just handing Arbroath the tie. They are fucking rubbish

I'd go with giving Francis 90 mins on Saturday rather than the sub performance he been getting, cant be any worse than dowds and Sammon, he actually scored 2 goals same as they diddies and hardly played, if he shit he's shit, but with no reserves anymore, give him a chance in free hit off cup game,

I think Todd's technically good on the ball he just doesn't have any pace or power to go along with it therefore he's ineffective. Problem is we have so many midfielders that are bang average and don't actually contribute anything. Saturday for me is irrelevant it's Montrose next week that matters. 

I think Todd's technically good on the ball he just doesn't have any pace or power to go along with it therefore he's ineffective. Problem is we have so many midfielders that are bang average and don't actually contribute anything. Saturday for me is irrelevant it's Montrose next week that matters. 

he is fucking rubbish, stop it

If we don't have anyone to play wide left mid, pick a formation that doesnt require one.  Given the same turgid pish we've seen last few weeks and the somewhat 'free hit' nature of a cup tie against higher league opposition, surely now is the time to try something at least a wee bit different?  For what its worth, I reckon we have the players to try a 4-3-3, and I'd honestly like to see what Durnan can do in next to Dixon.

Mutch

Miller Durnan Dixon Kelly

Alston Gomis Telfer

Morrison Keena Francis

These past few years has been awash with rubbish players, rubbish managers, rubbish board members. You’d be hard pushed to find any aspect of the club that hasn’t been rubbish.