The Falkirk FC Thread

We have, an he's absolutely not fine at championship level. He had a good 6 months at championship level with St Mirren, from January onwards he scored 2 league goals for them, in a team that was winning the championship. His career since then has seen that record continue. He's got more on his record suggesting that he's not good enough for championship level, than he does pointing the other way. 
For Dunfermline he scored one goal over a whole season...
He's played roughly 120 games at Championship level and scored 37 goals. Averages about a goal every 4 games. It's not prolific (which no one is arguing) but it also doesn't scream "He isn't good enough". I don't know what the average strike-rate is for strikers at that level but I'd imagine 1 in 4 is about average at worst. He's fine at Championship level regardless of how shite he was when he was with Dunfermline.

I'd take 3 loan signings in Ewan Henderson from Celtic, Glen Middleton from Rangers and Dapo Mebude from Rangers. All very talented youngsters who we could offer game time to develop. January's usually riddled with duds so loan signings for me would probably be a better option. Henderson and Middleton were on loan in the Premiership last season but struggled for game time so albeit it would be a big stretch to drop down to league 1 but why not if they are going to get first team football?

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
We have, an he's absolutely not fine at championship level. He had a good 6 months at championship level with St Mirren, from January onwards he scored 2 league goals for them, in a team that was winning the championship. His career since then has seen that record continue. He's got more on his record suggesting that he's not good enough for championship level, than he does pointing the other way. 

He's played roughly 120 games at Championship level and scored 37 goals. Averages about a goal every 4 games. It's not prolific (which no one is arguing) but it also doesn't scream "He isn't good enough". I don't know what the average strike-rate is for strikers at that level but I'd imagine 1 in 4 is about average. He's fine at Championship level regardless of how shite he was when he was with Dunfermline.

We'll see, I highly doubt it. His goalscoring record(especially recently) could be negated if he was contributing with regards to link up but that's not happening. 

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd take 3 loan signings in Ewan Henderson from Celtic, Glen Middleton from Rangers and Dapo Mebude from Rangers. All very talented youngsters who we could offer game time to develop. January's usually riddled with duds so loan signings for me would probably be a better option. Henderson and Middleton were on loan in the Premiership last season but struggled for game time so albeit it would be a big stretch to drop down to league 1 but why not if they are going to get first team football?

Henderson and Middleton? This has to be a troll 

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Henderson and Middleton? This has to be a troll 

Listen I'm well aware those two are far fetched but why not, they are both youngsters who we could give game time to improve. Otherwise they'll just sit not getting game time for the rest of the season.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

If last January's transfer window is anything to go by and given what has already been said by the management team in terms of ins and outs I think we are in for an underwhelming month. 

With that pair in charge it'll be more than a month I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

You could say exactly the same for Declan McManus. His scoring record at championship level is honking.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You could say exactly the same for Declan McManus. His scoring record at championship level is honking.

Some respect for the championship top scorer please.

In all seriousness, Declan McManus though has been very adequate for us as a second striker, hopefully supporting a main goalscorer. While he might not be scoring goals he's still doing something to impact the game. Gavin Reilly? If he ain't scoring he isn't contributing. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Some respect for the championship top scorer please.

In all seriousness, Declan McManus though has been very adequate for us as a second striker, hopefully supporting a main goalscorer. While he might not be scoring goals he's still doing something to impact the game. Gavin Reilly? If he ain't scoring he isn't contributing. 

To me they're both ok championship strikers and no more. McManus puts a shift in but his goal stats are honking and his assists stats are nothing special. Reilly probably has a slightly better scoring record having at least made double figures twice but that's nowt special in the championship.  Probably worth a shot in league one but who knows.

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Gavin Reilly released by Carlisle by mutual consent. Worth taking a look at I'd say.

Not a player I rated at all but he could possibly be our best striker if signed really says it all in how I rate our current strikers

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Listen I'm well aware those two are far fetched but why not, they are both youngsters who we could give game time to improve. Otherwise they'll just sit not getting game time for the rest of the season.

More chance of getting Ozil or Dele Ali on loan

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To me they're both ok championship strikers and no more. McManus puts a shift in but his goal stats are honking and his assists stats are nothing special. Reilly probably has a slightly better scoring record having at least made double figures twice but that's nowt special in the championship.  Probably worth a shot in league one but who knows.

Mcmanus has 6 goals and 4 assists for Dunfermline this season in 10 games. Mcmanus is miles better than Gavin Reilly. Reilly for me is more on Bob Mchugh's level but even then that's probably doing Mchugh a disservice. 

Mcmanus has 6 goals and 4 assists for Dunfermline this season in 10 games. Mcmanus is miles better than Gavin Reilly. Reilly for me is more on Bob Mchugh's level but even then that's probably doing Mchugh a disservice. 
Reilly >>> McHugh.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

His previous goalscoring record  at championship level is dreadfully poor though.