The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Ah yes, the free speech union, who’s key media and PR advisory council includes Allison Pearson, tweeted this today:

An NHS worker, who wanted to have a private conversation with her and apologized for a tweet, and was admittedly suicidal over it. She leaked his full name and employer, contacted his boss, and claims “you’re finished”.

Oh but she’s anti cancel culture. These people fucking turn my stomach. 

A35F7771-7352-4147-BAEF-1DBE26B7D853.png

572A1487-1A54-4353-AF1C-30734B5F73EF.png

9165904C-BC3D-4B00-BF56-7AE23D154A7F.png

He libelled her twice, accusing her of waging a hate campaign again the NHS, when she was quoting actual figures from NHS England.

She has accepted his apology and he is paying £100 to a charity of her choice.

I think you should report the context and the facts.

25 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He libelled her twice, accusing her of waging a hate campaign again the NHS, when she was quoting actual figures from NHS England.

She published his full name and where he works to all her loony followers.

I don’t agree with much, well anything,that DPB says. But I don’t believe in banning someone because they don’t agree with me either unless they say something racist or homophobic.
This is a forum, opinions will regularly differ.
Can we not respectfully disagree and move on? Or tell them to f**k off?[emoji2]

On 03/01/2021 at 16:53, Another The Other Chairman said:

Can’t remember the detail but a nurse being interviewed said she was worried that the age of COVID admissions was coming down at a worrying rate. Not very scientific but food for thought.

That's very worrying if true.

If the vaccine is effective then it's obviously sensible to treat the old and vulnerable first because those are the folk that are being hospitalised and are dying most. As the vaccine rolls out the number of hospital admissions would then start falling as more people in these groups would be protected. That would allow restrictions to be lifted and the economy to start to recover. If the number of admissions in younger folk is rising though then that's bad news for the NHS. With so many people not giving a f**k and ignoring the rules, especially over the holiday period, there's a good chance that the NHS could be overwhelmed meaning that people with other problems will not receive the care they deserve.

That's very worrying if true.
If the vaccine is effective then it's obviously sensible to treat the old and vulnerable first because those are the folk that are being hospitalised and are dying most. As the vaccine rolls out the number of hospital admissions would then start falling as more people in these groups would be protected. That would allow restrictions to be lifted and the economy to start to recover. If the number of admissions in younger folk is rising though then that's bad news for the NHS. With so many people not giving a f**k and ignoring the rules, especially over the holiday period, there's a good chance that the NHS could be overwhelmed meaning that people with other problems will not receive the care they deserve.

Surely it’s obvious if more people are picking up the virus and it generally the younger groups who will pick it up first then the rate of admissions in the young will increase?
Isn’t the real question whether it’s a disproportionate increase to the number in the age group catching the virus?

46 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Surely it’s obvious if more people are picking up the virus and it generally the younger groups who will pick it up first then the rate of admissions in the young will increase?
Isn’t the real question whether it’s a disproportionate increase to the number in the age group catching the virus?

Aye, it was the statement made that said that 'admissions were increasing at a worrying rate' that got me. If that's true then I think it's likely to already be a disproportionate rate among the young.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The fact is she's cnut.

48 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

To all posters

I apologise for going off topic along with some others.

I will make no further comments on non FFC matters.

I trust others will do the same.

I don't get why you don't do your spiel on the general nonsense and politics sub forums. Just seems a bit out of place posting it on here.

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You do realise it was Hartley himself who put the club in touch with said “super scout” It was the same scout he used to identify Yakubiak , Nelson and Robson in the previous January window, Hartley had a working relationship with Richard Mitchell long before he came to Falkirk. This guy wasn’t “foisted” upon him in fact it was quite the opposite. The final say on who we singed was always with the manager despite the club having employed Mitchell to take an active role with identifying players from the English leagues and academy system. He later then left the club along with the rest of Hartleys coaching staff soon after McKinnon was appointed and decided he wanted his own people in having no use for a full time scout, instead proclaiming he already had a “vast network of contacts” (or words to that effect) south of the border. 

That's certainly not how Gordon Young explains it that's for sure. Margaret Lang said it was Ross County that gave him a glowing reference.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Lyle Taylor, Jay Fulton, Murray Wallace, Conor Mcgrandles, Higginbotham were all brought into the first team, developed by Pressley and then all earned the club a transfer fee when sold on. Our academy take a lot of that plaudits but I think Pressley himself done well improving those players. He also signed one of the most loved Falkirk players in Farid due to his contacts in the game. I'm not saying I want Pressley as manager merely stating that if it was to be purely based on ex managers he'd be my choice. Jack Compton was included soley for his worldie again Raith Rovers and on his day he was a good player admittedly like many wingers his day was rare.

Please see attached.

Millar and Higginbottom were both dreadful the season after we came down when we had the best chance of going back up. We ended up with 6 months of higginbottom contributing and one season of millar before they both fecked off.  No point in bringing through great young players when your surrounding them with the likes of Mehdi Khalis and Andy Haworth. A Jack Ross or Alex Neil would've brought those young players through and recruited far better players to play with them. For every Lyle Taylor and Farid there were 3 or 4 duds which is why we never got in the promotion mix in any of his years in charge.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Seems crazy to me to have the population stuck in their houses whilst football teams travel the country to play games with no testing before returning to their families . What do I know though.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Seems crazy to me to have the population stuck in their houses whilst football teams travel the country to play games with no testing before returning to their families . What do I know though.

I actually agree.
I’m carrying a phone around with the NHS tracing app in case I’m in contact with a carrier. But some of the players in our division either have or soon will be carriers and spreading it to other clubs staff....

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

And he was shite.

Eddy May should have stayed in charge of the academy. He was offered the job wrongly and it was a no brainer he had to give it a go or it would have been a lifetime wondering what if.

We may well have still had an academy if he had been left in place.

Have a lot of respect for Eddy May great player and academy coach for the club. One of the many hero's that it sadly went wrong in the managers seat.

It's uncanny Prentice, Millar, Hughes, Houston who unfairly will be remembered how it ended for them rather than what they did on the park.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Eddy May should have stayed in charge of the academy. He was offered the job wrongly and it was a no brainer he had to give it a go or it would have been a lifetime wondering what if.

Have a lot of respect for Eddy May great player and academy coach for the club. One of the many hero's that it sadly went wrong in the managers seat.

It's uncanny Prentice, Millar, Hughes, Houston who unfairly will be remembered how it ended for them rather than what they did on the park.

Prentice, Hughes and Houston also enjoyed success as managers with us before it went wrong.

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Unlike me to be ultra-positive but I generally harbour mainly positive memories of those two. Yogi got us playing some brilliant stuff at the top level over a successive number of years and is one of our best managers ever. Houston gave us 3 good years (one fantastic year in particular) where we ended up falling just short numerous times. While he overstayed his welcome by going a season too far, still have nothing but good feeling for the guy.

Edited by 18BAIRN76