The Falkirk FC Thread

Disagree that Hartley was the right person to bring in.  True that on paper his record with Alloa and initially with Dundee was ok but things ended acrimoniously at Dundee and it was pretty clear that his attitude there with players and fans was disgraceful.  He was (at the time and now) an arrogant man who rubbed people up the wrong way.  For an extremely short time that's ok but with the scrutiny and expectations of clubs like Falkirk and Dundee he was never going to be a good fit over medium/long term.  The 'Brentford model' hastened his departure but his attitude was a ticking time bomb both with the fans and the players.  He was never going to last and that was obvious from his time at Dundee - appointing him was extremely blinkered and always bound to fail imo. 

I see nothing in the recruitment or style of play to suggest M&M are going to turn this around but also don't have a ready made name of who I'd like to come in (suggestions like McCann, McIntyre and Hopkin are depressing).  Open it up to applications and see who applies.  Wouldn't be adverse to another young manager but preferably someone coaching at a big team and looking to take first steps into management.  Someone who knows how a successful club should operate and is willing to bring those ideas and structure to FFC.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

3 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Did not have BainsfordBairn being cancelled on my list of things to happen in 2021!

Time you got a life!

obviously a snowflake wokeist.

As far as I’m concerned BB can say what he likes.

If I don’t agree then I’ll say so.

Still thought there was a modicum of free speech in this country.

Anyone who feels threatened including BB, then join the Free Speech Union.

Great organisation.

46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How the feck was jack Compton a quality signing? That's one of the funniest things I've read on here for a while.😂😂😂😂  You'll be saying Mehdi Khalis was a superstar next.Exciting football.😂😂😂😂 The guy has been a failure everywhere he's been .

Hartley was the right move at the time. We'll never know how he would've done if the board hadn't foisted their superscout philosophy on him and had just let him handle recruitment like he had everywhere else in his career up to then. May have worked out may have not.  Campbell and Lang again have to take the brunt for that decision.

Can we not perhaps look at someone who is on the way up in their career rather than the normal choice between no experience at all or a manager whose just been fired and is on.the way down.  A young manager who has successfully cut their teeth somewhere looking for their next step up to me is who we should be looking for.

I know exactly where you're coming from Shadwell, as when we got Jim Jefferies from Berwick Rangers, yes? Unfortunately, we are now in the 3rd tier so not that many clubs below us in the food chain now, won't be so easy to get somebody else (but I still want M & M to go).

Time you got a life!
Great organisation.
ahahahaha YES!!

A supportive post from you does no favours to BainsfordBairn.

11 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

If it was to be on purely ex managers then I'd want Pressley back. We played some of the most exciting football we've ever played under him since we were relegated from the SPL. He worked well with the youngsters in our squad to get the best out of them and he also managed to make some good quality signings along the way in Farid, Lyle Taylor, Higginbotham, Compton, Mark Millar, Mcgovern and Vaulks was also someone Pressley brought in albeit he never played him. His interviews were the only thing I despised.

Wow.......

This acutally beats the regeneration of the Hartley love in(I await avatar change in for the next tribute)

I am just glad the cup is this week, its a free hit albeit Id want to win the game. The league is the most important part of this season

Time you got a life!
Great organisation.

BB can say what he likes followed by if I don’t agree then I’ll say so with some free speech p*sh thrown in.

Oaft what a mess of a post.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How the feck was jack Compton a quality signing? That's one of the funniest things I've read on here for a while.😂😂😂😂  You'll be saying Mehdi Khalis was a superstar next.Exciting football.😂😂😂😂 The guy has been a failure everywhere he's been .

Hartley was the right move at the time. We'll never know how he would've done if the board hadn't foisted their superscout philosophy on him and had just let him handle recruitment like he had everywhere else in his career up to then. May have worked out may have not.  Campbell and Lang again have to take the brunt for that decision.

Can we not perhaps look at someone who is on the way up in their career rather than the normal choice between no experience at all or a manager whose just been fired and is on.the way down.  A young manager who has successfully cut their teeth somewhere looking for their next step up to me is who we should be looking for.

You do realise it was Hartley himself who put the club in touch with said “super scout” It was the same scout he used to identify Yakubiak , Nelson and Robson in the previous January window, Hartley had a working relationship with Richard Mitchell long before he came to Falkirk. This guy wasn’t “foisted” upon him in fact it was quite the opposite. The final say on who we singed was always with the manager despite the club having employed Mitchell to take an active role with identifying players from the English leagues and academy system. He later then left the club along with the rest of Hartleys coaching staff soon after McKinnon was appointed and decided he wanted his own people in having no use for a full time scout, instead proclaiming he already had a “vast network of contacts” (or words to that effect) south of the border. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Someone mentioned earlier about revisionism regarding Jeffries. 90/91 was my first season supporting Falkirk then some exciting years after that so I think I’ve always had a skewed idea about us because it was such a great season.

My point is that it was said he was was getting pretty harsh stick at the start but that could only have been until about October then things improved rapidly. The oft-mentioned Dundee 2-2 game then Raith were thrashed 7-1 in early November. So 2, maybe 3 months max he was getting a lot of stick.

That seems like such a short period of time. Nowadays, we seem to put up with much longer periods of poor performance. So, I don’t think there’s been revisionism of Jeffries, he was struggling but got things sorted fairly quickly, to a massive jump in performance. Difficult to imagine such a turnaround in fortunes now. 

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Lyle Taylor, Jay Fulton, Murray Wallace, Conor Mcgrandles, Higginbotham were all brought into the first team, developed by Pressley and then all earned the club a transfer fee when sold on. Our academy take a lot of that plaudits but I think Pressley himself done well improving those players. He also signed one of the most loved Falkirk players in Farid due to his contacts in the game. I'm not saying I want Pressley as manager merely stating that if it was to be purely based on ex managers he'd be my choice. Jack Compton was included soley for his worldie again Raith Rovers and on his day he was a good player admittedly like many wingers his day was rare.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Wow.......

This acutally beats the regeneration of the Hartley love in(I await avatar change in for the next tribute)

I am just glad the cup is this week, its a free hit albeit Id want to win the game. The league is the most important part of this season

Please see attached.

Edited by FFC 1876

Wow.......

I must admit, I thought we had a bad past month. But hadn’t realised that things were so bad that people are now so passionate about Paul Fucking Hartley and his ‘successes’ at Falkirk and elsewhere that they’d start red dotting anyone who disagrees!....[emoji28]

1 hour ago, LauriestonBairn said:

BB can say what he likes followed by if I don’t agree then I’ll say so with some free speech p*sh thrown in.

Oaft what a mess of a post.

Are you thick?

He can say what he wants and, if I don’t agree, I’ll challenge him.

No question of cancelling him.

Thats what happens in a free country.

Actually, I didn’t agree with him but he has the right to express his opinion.

The FSU supports people who are cancelled or lose their jobs because of their views.

The clue is in the name.

30 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Are you thick?

He can say what he wants and, if I don’t agree, I’ll challenge him.

No question of cancelling him.

Thats what happens in a free country.

Actually, I didn’t agree with him but he has the right to express his opinion.

The FSU supports people who are cancelled or lose their jobs because of their views.

The clue is in the name.

Ah yes, the free speech union, who’s key media and PR advisory council includes Allison Pearson, tweeted this today:

An NHS worker, who wanted to have a private conversation with her and apologized for a tweet, and was admittedly suicidal over it. She leaked his full name and employer, contacted his boss, and claims “you’re finished”.

Oh but she’s anti cancel culture. These people fucking turn my stomach. 

A35F7771-7352-4147-BAEF-1DBE26B7D853.png

572A1487-1A54-4353-AF1C-30734B5F73EF.png

9165904C-BC3D-4B00-BF56-7AE23D154A7F.png

Edited by bairn88

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

There you go.

Someone you disagree with, Toby Young, you want to cancel him.

I won’t repeat your language which is disgusting but you just don’t get it!

Sad.

This is a football forum.

Begone never to return.