The Falkirk FC Thread

David Hopkin would surely apply. Whether he is any good mind you, I’ll leave that up to you to decide. 

Did well at Livi but poorly at Bradford and Morton. Appears Martindale was the brains of the operation if their respective careers are anything to go by.

Whilst I’m not a massive fan of the current management team, Hopkin signed 1 goalkeeper and 10 forwards for Morton this season, so for those who are complaining about the current squad building...

There is no obvious candidate out there to replace them, like there wasn’t by the time they came in.

When M&M came in I had suggested McDonagh at Edinburgh City. He had a 50% win record with them at the time in second place just behind moneybags Cove. Houston’s assistant, done the coaching when he was there and knew the club. Doesn’t seemed to have been as successful this year though.

Ultimately the board won’t sack them whilst we are top. But they should be planning for the worst case scenario and have options.

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

Did well at Livi but poorly at Bradford and Morton. Appears Martindale was the brains of the operation if their respective careers are anything to go by.

Whilst I’m not a massive fan of the current management team, Hopkin signed 1 goalkeeper and 10 forwards for Morton this season, so for those who are complaining about the current squad building...

There is no obvious candidate out there to replace them, like there wasn’t by the time they came in.

When M&M came in I had suggested McDonagh at Edinburgh City. He had a 50% win record with them at the time in second place just behind moneybags Cove. Houston’s assistant, done the coaching when he was there and knew the club. Doesn’t seemed to have been as successful this year though.

Ultimately the board won’t sack them whilst we are top. But they should be planning for the worst case scenario and have options.

Morton are doing okay are they not? 5th in the table currently which I would say is pretty good considering their current financial issues. Squad can't be that bad.

Gary Holt?

That'd be a push the boat out move considering he could probably get a lower top flight club/Championship job but the history is there and you can sell him the 'project' of getting you back to the top flight?

There's absolutely no way they'll call the season and promote a team based on eleven games.

Null it and start again in August is a more likely scenario.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gary Holt?

That'd be a push the boat out move considering he could probably get a lower top flight club/Championship job but the history is there and you can sell him the 'project' of getting you back to the top flight?

Gary Holt would be fantastic. No guarantees it would work out but as of today, that’s right, fantastic.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

There's absolutely no way they'll call the season and promote a team based on eleven games.
Null it and start again in August is a more likely scenario.
Absolutely. Bin the lower leagues and allow the Prem to play on is nailed on if they want to restrict sports.

6 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

In the spirit of diversity, as witnessed by the tv channels and all the virtue signalling which seems to be part of modern day football,   maybe Shelley Kerr would be in with a shout?

Ooft. Welcome to the 21st century M876... 

Morton are doing okay are they not? 5th in the table currently which I would say is pretty good considering their current financial issues. Squad can't be that bad.

Hopkin resigned on the 10th December. They played 6 games and had 7 points. Sign he left they’ve played 4 in the league, won two and drawn two, getting more points in less than a month since he left.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely. Bin the lower leagues and allow the Prem to play on is nailed on if they want to restrict sports.

Must admit that I'd love to the see top league declared null and void.  I have a lot of (otherwise-decent) FB friends who're diehard Rangers fans and the gloating from them atm is doing my head in. 

The absolute fury it would provoke would almost be worth it. I despise that club more than all the rest combined. 

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Must admit that I'd love to the see top league declared null and void.  I have a lot of (otherwise-decent) FB friends who're diehard Rangers fans and the gloating from them atm is doing my head in. 

The absolute fury it would provoke would almost be worth it. I despise that club more than all the rest combined. 

I am exactly the same, no love at all for either of the ugly sisters but the Rangers fans attitude just now makes me despise them more than the rest. It's like they have forgotten the past 9 years.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 hours ago, Top Bins said:

Any suggestions for consideration if M+M are relieved of their duties? 

Haven't got a clue but McCann and Hopkin would be two that I certainly wouldn't want.

2 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’m sure he’ll unearth an absolute nugget that nobodies thought of. There’s an array of managerial talent out there with the required credibility to take over within our budget and overall appeal.

No, I don't provide the nuggets, I leave that to others. I'd be interested to hear a few of your examples from the array though.  

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Hopkin resigned on the 10th December. They played 6 games and had 7 points. Sign he left they’ve played 4 in the league, won two and drawn two, getting more points in less than a month since he left.

I was talking about the fact the squad couldn't be that bad as they seemed to be doing okay in the league.

35 minutes ago, steveffc said:

Really? Most my family are all diehard Celtic fans, so I'm looking looking forward to giving it tight to them that they thought, Lennon was the answer, so swings both ways, no need for this chat on the Falkirk thread tbh!

Although I'm retired now I mainly worked in Glasgow during the decades when Rangers were the dominant force in Scotland. 

And my hatred for the club stems from the people I met back in those days. 

As a very rough generalisation, the Celtic fans I knew were ordinary folk. Whereas a lot of the Rangers fans were guys who were as thick as shit and whose job was to sweep the floors and clean the toilet. They were right at the bottom of the intellectual and evolutionary scale.  

But they thought they were special. Because they supported the Rainjurs. And if Ally McCoist scored against us on Saturday you could be sure they would always make a point of passing my desk on a Monday morning to remind me that they were The Peepul. 

Nowadays the gloryhunters have probably been following Celtic for the last decade or so. But as I don't know many of their lowlifes they don't bother me so much. 

Sorry for taking the thread away from Falkirk. But it's surely better than reading about suggestions of Neil McCann for manager? 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

Holt should've got us promoted the season he was with us. His decision not to improve the squad when there was money in the bank to do so cost us big time.  The druggie seems to have livie playing far better at the moment and he's likely to walk at any minute if he doesn't fancy it.

Here's a good idea dont name any of the usual jobbers advertise it and see who we get, whilst it might appear we are knickerwetting at the moment over our current situation we have managed to blow a 7 point cushion and get it reduced to 2.  By no means i would like to see anyone lose their job but the last 3 games the blue print to beat us has been firmly applied i.e. sit behind the ball and hit us on the counter or reduce the game to hoofball and we are fucked, oh and we cant defend set pieces. We dont have any ability to counter that or we lack a plan b. we have scored 1 goal in the last 3 outings. Sammons last goal was on the 5th Dec.

Like i say i reckon next 2 league games for us are crucial if that 2 point gap is overturned and we end up 2nd or even 3rd place then what?,  i dont think the club fancy a 3rd season in the seasides last year was no fault of anyones but too many draws cost us. This season we should have no issues with any team in this league yet we are doing a Morton and making it difficult for ourselves and the players need to shoulder that blame as well.