The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

That's the problem though. A large section of our support have become so apathetic that tripping, slipping, tumbling and finally limping over the line to win the Scottish third tier would be success in some of their eyes.

Very true and anyone including COYB in their posts is worth watching in my opinion.

For me, it’s been yet another false dawn, and it might be the most predictable one of all. We only have three players worthy of building a team around.......the other M&M and Keena.

We all know well enough that the club has been mismanaged on a grand scale for years........and it probably still is being run that way. Sure, there’s a grand mission statement, but is there a clear plan and schedule to achieve it beyond living in the moment?

We are a project. We need fixes right across the board (sic) and it feels like all we have to cling to is Rawlins. There will be a few trying to blow smoke up his arse, but I am hoping he has seen and heard it all before.

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What happens is anyone’s guess but I certainly don’t think it’s necessary.

Total UK deaths for under 60’s is around 500 and I haven’t heard of any arising out of footballing activities.

If the people on here have nothing to moan about, the number of suicides due to mental illness will go through the roof.

So, who knows, but that’s my opinion.

Can’t remember the detail but a nurse being interviewed said she was worried that the age of COVID admissions was coming down at a worrying rate. Not very scientific but food for thought.

IWatched most of games this season, never ever thought it ever resembled a league winning side. We have been struggling as a team from the very beginning,  not just the last 3 games. Still have not a clue what formations wee are trying to achieve ,just looks like we have assembled  10 outfield players who have met for the 1st time. Watching games it's hard to distinguish  who is the full time team

Just want a single manager again to praise, slaughter or anything in between again, not this half-baked concept. They steadied ship, time for something  more straightforward again. Give one, or both, roles in the coaching team if they have something to offer, I don’t see why pride should be such an issue if it came to it given the circumstances.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Neil Mccann is a shocking shout. He was absolutely honking at Dundee and had fall outs left right and centre with the players because he's an arrogant twat. Not to mention he took us to court for the second year of his contract when he was done and pissed off we didn't give him the managers role instead of Eddie May. Hopkin's been a bit hit and miss in his roles so I can't really say I'd be overly happy with him. 

Edited by FFC 1876

7 minutes ago, Top Bins said:

Any suggestions for consideration if M+M are relieved of their duties? 

I’m sure he’ll unearth an absolute nugget that nobodies thought of. There’s an array of managerial talent out there with the required credibility to take over within our budget and overall appeal.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

A few news stories reporting stricter tiers most likely to be announced tomorrow by a recalled Scottish Parliament tomorrow in light of the escalating COVID infections. Zero chance of football in the lower league’s continuing without testing. Now that the the divisions are flush with the respective 500k & 150k cash injections surely our football is safe ?

Ideal scenario: season is called, we get promoted despite our rancid style of play which means a) we can bin M&M to bring someone proper in and b) this team don't have to make my eyes bleed every second Saturday when I watch them on my TV. Rawlins then comes in and we have time to prepare for our return to the Championship. Here we go x