The Falkirk FC Thread

Please get rid of the management comedy duo in the morning. Sentiment got them the jobs, the football is horrendous and they are not the long term future. We won’t get out of this league with these two clowns in charge, simple as. I don’t care that I loved Lee as a player and his affinity with the club, this is the management of the club now!! Leave it much longer and we will be leapfrogged and cut adrift. The football at the moment is absolutely brutal bar a few halfs!! 

I think it's clear now that the management are out of their depth and are not a long term option for the club going forward.

It's as if the appointments to begin with were just to try get the fans onside and not based on their experience or skills. 

FFCTV weren't there to make any.
One of the East Fife TV guys said they would interview our management for us after the game. No idea what happened to it. 

You were there so why could you have not filmed it and Andy Thomson conduct the interview. I assume he was there as usual?

You are top of the fucking league. Most entitled set of fans ever

With respect you haven’t seen us. We are torture to watch and on top as much by default TBH

57 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Think we’ve beat this one to death  Yes we should have been top, however circumstances beyond anyone’s control ( apart from the twisted frauds who are our governing bodies) the rest is history. 

Wasn't the governing bodies who only won 9 of their 15 league games in charge or signed dross like da vita and Todd.

As a temp option it wasnt the worst idea to appoint them for a few weeks till a new manager came in . However,  the fact miller had left a job at livi for supposedly a temporary job with us always rang alarm bells with me. 

Let's face it if they can't sign players good enough to get us out this league then they've got feck all chance doing it a level up.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

FFCTV weren't there to make any.

One of the East Fife TV guys said they would interview our management for us after the game. No idea what happened to it. 

Unfortunately David McCracken did his post match interview with the press as we were filming our own interviews so didn’t get him. I see from your match report that we cheated yesterday by not only having Brett Long in goals but also the Montrose keeper too! 😊

Edited by LiamA

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

You were there so why could you have not filmed it and Andy Thomson conduct the interview. I assume he was there as usual?

I usually have a look round at who's in the stands and while I can't be certain because they're all wearing masks, I haven't seen Andy Thomson at an away game since Kirkcaldy. Gary Deans at Clyde was the only time I've seen any Falkirk director outwith TFS since  the season began. I don't think any of them are travelling. 

We have a media officer who writes the match report, tweets during the game and sometimes does a post match interview, as he did after Clyde. He's quite capable or setting up the camera on a tripod and then pressing the "record" button without any help from me.  

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

It's league one we're in FFS it's no rocket science how you get out of it. If Allan Johnstone can win it by 25 points only losing 2 feckin matches then how the feck are we making it so bloody difficult.  Sign the right players to start with.  Pace is your number one requirement at this level. No surprise then we're struggling as we have far too many plodders in the side. Legs is the next attribute you need bags of especially in the middle of the park. Again another attribute we don't have anywhere near enough.  Motivation. You need a manager who can motivate the guys at this level plus you need players that are willing to be motivated at this level. We have far too many players on the way down in their career and not enough on the way up. Tactics ain't that important when you've got 11 better players who are motivated to win and that's why guys like Johnstone are found out at higher levels when the budget advantage disappears .  This pair would be exactly the same probably a lot worse given the struggle they are having at this level.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Big pressure on the BOD now ,let's see what way they turn. I felt m n m done ok start of season,points wise not performances,but once we hit the crucial games they've failed and failed badly. The manner of defeat yesterday was appalling, we can all see that but will the BOD? Do they stick with m n m? Do they wait until a DOF is in?will it be too late for transfer window ? After the appointment of Gow I have serious doubts they will do the right thing. Alot of good has been done off the park but they are not beyond reproach.

Football will continue, stopping it would be politically damaging so it won't happen. I see a lot of people on here fancying M&M to be sacked but realistically who the hell wants our poison challice of a job? Lose to Montrose and we're in turmoil again.

What happens is anyone’s guess but I certainly don’t think it’s necessary.

Total UK deaths for under 60’s is around 500 and I haven’t heard of any arising out of footballing activities.

If the people on here have nothing to moan about, the number of suicides due to mental illness will go through the roof.

So, who knows, but that’s my opinion.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Football will continue, stopping it would be politically damaging so it won't happen. I see a lot of people on here fancying M&M to be sacked but realistically who the hell wants our poison challice of a job? Lose to Montrose and we're in turmoil again.

Poison challice? Great job for anyone. Clubs in a league where it is one of two much bigger clubs. If you believe in yourself as a manager then you should think I can get them out of there no problem and then who knows after that.  The budgets there to get you out of this league we just keep on bringing in idiots who have no idea to spend it. Be far more difficult to get a decent manager in if we had a bod that interfered or were financially fucked.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Poison challice? Great job for anyone. Clubs in a league where it is one of two much bigger clubs. If you believe in yourself as a manager then you should think I can get them out of there no problem and then who knows after that.  The budgets there to get you out of this league we just keep on bringing in idiots who have no idea to spend it. Be far more difficult to get a decent manager in if we had a bod that interfered or were financially fucked.

Right then Shadders you sack M&M now who are you going for as the next manager? 

Agreed - we would have 50+ applications if there was a vacancy