The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Lex was the chairman when they were given the temp gig then deans was the chairman when they were appointed fully. I suppose it would've been hard for him not to with fans creaming over their humping of linlithgow rose.

We needed a start point the appointment i would say was to make some sort of bridge between club/board and fans, so on the face of it was a good appointment and if it hadnt been for a pandemic calling an end to the season i think we would have went up.

39 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We are fucking awful and we are currently the best thing in this league. Says it all about the atrocious standard. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. 

Yes, you deserved the win today. Should have been about 4-1. 

It's the 3rd tier of Scotland, so of course it's. It the best standard in the world. You may currently be top, but considering you're pulling a Morton and having a total arse collapse, you might not be for much longer. 

Some Falkirk fans act like they're too good for this league. You're clearly not. Acting like old firm fans, thinking you're the Billy Big baws, just makes it all the sweeter when the shit hits the fan. 

Enjoy your evening, I know I will. 😘

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

It's the 3rd tier of Scotland, so of course it's. It the best standard in the world. You may currently be top, but considering you're pulling a Morton and having a total arse collapse, you might not be for much longer. 

Some Falkirk fans act like they're too good for this league. You're clearly not. Acting like old firm fans, thinking you're the Billy Big baws, just makes it all the sweeter when the shit hits the fan. 

We are where we are because we are shit, as you say we are in the process of pulling a Morton its a case of do we pull the pin now and risk arsing things up even further (pretty much the board plan to how we got here in the first place) or keep with it and risk fucking it up its a c*nt of a dilemma 

11 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Facebook maws and the 45 year da's who unironically call him BSLM?

Yes, but that constitutes a fair proportion of the fan base unfortunately. I know it has no impact on their ability or performance as managers, but I hate the fanboy culture that surrounds the pair of them, Miller in particular. Absolutely loathe it. It's so small-time. Until we outgrow that, and our general obsession with ex-players and handing them roles to which they are totally unsuited - see Gow, or today's suggestion of Pressley, a man who has repeatedly said that Scottish football is not big enough for a man of his talents, as DOF - we'll never move forward. 

Enjoy your evening, I know I will. [emoji8]

........big flaw in your wee statement. The league is contested by football teams, not supporters.
If Falkirk getting beat makes your Saturday night for you, then enjoy. I suppose an Airdrie fan accusing other fans of acting like OF fans is a bit of early evening irony that is completely lost on someone who thinks fans are competing for the league title. Holy f**k.

15 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We needed a start point the appointment i would say was to make some sort of bridge between club/board and fans, so on the face of it was a good appointment and if it hadnt been for a pandemic calling an end to the season i think we would have went up.

Who knows we were still huffing and puffing when the league was shut down. Our dreadful performance at Clyde for instance.

12 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

We have supporters shouting for Stephen Robinson to be appointed, a manager who I think was interviewed for Northern Ireland and had Motherwell top 6 repeatedly.

I have been drinking today but I'd need to be on glue and cocaine to make that statement.

I'm not happy obviously after last few weeks but I have no cocaine or feel the need to get my glue out 

Well that’s actually made me slightly happier. Should be no loyalty from the current chairman and board to these 2 

As I said earlier, if either of those two are seen in the Boardroom on match days in the future, then you can be sure FFC hasn’t been fixed, and the old failings are still in place.

George Craig, Craig Campbell, AT, LM, McKinnon.......I reckon TFS has been built on top of a rare Earth moron magnet. We need those guys from the Skinwalker Ranch to come check it out.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Who knows we were still huffing and puffing when the league was shut down. Our dreadful performance at Clyde for instance.

We went for fix after fix hoping to find the solution or as i said a start point at some point it had to be called to a halt to try and get some stability those decisions were down to BoD or MSG level.

I dont think anyone for a second thought Hartley would have been the answer indeed a lot favoured him for the job given what he had done previously at Alloa.  Other than the project hartley/Brentford experiment not been such a calamity and had he done ok would things be any different?.  If the rumours on who downed tools on Houstie to get him sacked then whoever came in had to be a b*stard to the players that downed tools remember they have some responsibility of the shite situation we find ourselves in as much as the MSG do.

Reasonable form, coupled with the ineptitude of others put us top. We had the chance to put the tin lid on it in the last three weeks. Quite literally would have been in an almost insurmountable lead, 1 point from 9 later and we are grubbing about in what is beginning to look once again like a 3 or 4 way scrap we seem ill equipped to fight.

It's a short length of time to be looking for guys to get sacked, equally, we dont look capable of better, it's a short season as we know and failure is a fucking catastrophe. I think we have to get rid.

Give it to Houston until the end of the season (and I mean end of the season). Safe, experienced pair of hands with a bit of unfinished business who can get a tune out of a squad without the issue of having to go through his weakness of preseason recruitment.

Just need to get the f**k out of this league and not take The Championship for granted again.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

35 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

As opposed to acting like Clydebank fans, or should that be Gretna or Annan?🤯🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We went for fix after fix hoping to find the solution or as i said a start point at some point it had to be called to a halt to try and get some stability those decisions were down to BoD or MSG level.

I dont think anyone for a second thought Hartley would have been the answer indeed a lot favoured him for the job given what he had done previously at Alloa.  Other than the project hartley/Brentford experiment not been such a calamity and had he done ok would things be any different?.  If the rumours on who downed tools on Houstie to get him sacked then whoever came in had to be a b*stard to the players that downed tools remember they have some responsibility of the shite situation we find ourselves in as much as the MSG do.

The whole Hartley appointment is still clouded in mystery . He came in and did okay. His signings in the January window were decent and we haven't had as good a window since.  Superscout them comes on the scene brought in by Lang and Campbell.  Now Hartley had never used this boy before but was told to by Campbell and Lang as that's the way they wanted to go having shut the academy.  Listened to an interview with the boy young that was the assistant at the time and he said they didn't want to go in that direction and were shocked by how poor the standard of player was that was appearing from down south and that most of them weren't ready for Scottish football by any means.  He felt it was unfair of them to get the sack when these players were getting foisted on them by the board.  Now I'm no fan of Hartley's time and the story's of the way some players were treated were not great but it would've been interesting to see how he got on left to his own recruitment without the whole superscout stuff being pushed on him.  Might have been just as bad but who knows.  

You look at organisations like st johnstone who manage to appoint one decent young manager after another whilst we end up with one diddy after another.  It really is quite an achievement to keep getting it wrong so often

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Reasonable form, coupled with the ineptitude of others put us top. We had the chance to put the tin lid on it in the last three weeks. Quite literally would have been in an almost insurmountable lead, 1 point from 9 later and we are grubbing about in what is beginning to look once again like a 3 or 4 way scrap we seem ill equipped to fight.

It's a short length of time to be looking for guys to get sacked, equally, we dont look capable of better, it's a short season as we know and failure is a fucking catastrophe. I think we have to get rid.

We lost at Methil ! if there was a ground we would lose at this season it was there.

2 points ahead in the league.

Long way to go and the board will stick correctly with M&M for good or bad changing is not an option.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

How has the return of Alston gone?

I must admit I was surprised to see so many excited about him coming back as he was absolutely terrible with us. A hiding shitebag the majority of the time.

Your assessment of his time with you is been pretty much whats turned up at TFS

How has the return of Alston gone?

I must admit I was surprised to see so many excited about him coming back as he was absolutely terrible with us. A hiding shitebag the majority of the time.

Falkirk were warned about him but didn’t listen