The Falkirk FC Thread

Pressley’s work actually stopped the club going bust. Not many would have taken a 75% cut in budget in his 2nd year and actually improved the side. Blooded and developed a lot of young players that made the club a fortune. Speak to any of them and they have huge respect for Pressley. His signings were hit and miss. Someone said Ross Wilson handed him Farid and Taylor on a plate. Two things that is factually incorrect it was only Taylor (Farid had an Italian agent Pressley played with). Managers sign good players through good contacts. So what if he gets them handed to him.

Exactly. Brought a lot of youngsters through. Aye he signed some mince but that goes for every single manager in the world.

1 point from a possible 9 is not good enough, as soon as games turn ugly we cant take control of it again and Sammon and Dowds is an attacking pairing by anyones standards, Defensively today we were a shambles. Lucky to have got away with only being beat by 2 goals

Edited by AL-FFC

Worst performance I can remember. We were outplayed and out fought by a part time team who started the game in 8th position. We looked shot of any ideas and just went long. I’d have them gone before we’re chasing the pack again. If Gary Deans is so serious about winning this league, he’d make the brave called and sack them. 

Can you sack managers who are sitting top of the league? If there was ever a time to this would be it. 

Ive been fairly consistent in my belief that I can’t think of a single performance that has been better than anything McKinnon served up. 

There’s just no tactics. No identity. Recruitment worse than poor. Defending at set pieces (the main way of losing goals in this atrocious league) is worse than ever. Interviews have me more irked than even some of McKinnon’s. And there’s 2 of them. f**k me 

Expect the expected nowadays. Got ourselves into a great position without even playing that well and now look where we are. M&M won't be sacked but even if they were I don't know who I'd want to replace them. We all know they are rookies but it's insanity making the same mistakes week in week out. Dowds and Sammon don't work together everyone can see that yet week in week out they play together. Can't imagine the players get much of a bollocking after performances like that either it'll be a rub on the back and a shot of herbalife.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Can you sack managers who are sitting top of the league? If there was ever a time to this would be it. 

Ive been fairly consistent in my belief that I can’t think of a single performance that has been better than anything McKinnon served up. 

There’s just no tactics. No identity. Recruitment worse than poor. Defending at set pieces (the main way of losing goals in this atrocious league) is worse than ever. Interviews have me more irked than even some of McKinnon’s. And there’s 2 of them. f**k me 

Thing is at one point we were 7 clear, Am i panicking 'bloody right i am", Im all for defending them as i genuinely want them to succeed but the past 3 games teams have a blue print to us sit back defend and hit us on the counter today defensively we were a shambles and would prob only have been made worse with Durnan in there.  Sammon our goal threat was a one on one with the keeper and managed to f**k it up only to be bailed out the shit by Morrison.  

Keep these two and we will lose in the playoffs. Bring in a steady hand and we will win the league. Simple as that.

We need to bring in another striker and a midfielder with energy. Hall needs to be replaced too - I'd even have Durnan ahead of him.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

McKinnon had to go as the tide had come in on him quickly but his tenure really hinged on those two games against Alloa and Morton. That Friday night win against Ayr I felt pretty good about him and turning it round. 

This management duo was an adrenalin rush but without any substance.

That was as bad a performance as any of the shit served up under McKinnon.

Every week Lee Miller talks about “the game plan”. What is this game plan, long aimless punts up the middle?

How long can we persevere with the bash brothers up front? Absolutely no football ability between them.

Every sub is like for like. Leitch (the most right footed left winger ever) for Todd (the invisible man). Miller for Dowds/Sammon. Telfer for Alston. Miller for Gomis...if it’s not working we maybe need to try something different.

Morrisons goals early in the season and Thistles terrible start have papered over the cracks. Teams are now stopping Morrison which stops us, our football is awful, results aren’t good enough...

I know I’ve certainly been pinning my hopes on Keena but if he doesn’t hit the ground running we can forget it. The pressure is now on

A few weeks ago I wrote that the league was ours to lose, we have been atrocious ever since.

Our squad is limited but should be good enough for this level but the management team are showing themselves to be inadequate.

Making the same decisions / mistakes week in week out with no sign that they have the ability to address the situation.

Can the club afford to carry this management team for much longer?

I've backed M&M up to now, partially for nostalgia reasons, but today is the last straw.  Beaten to almost every 50/50 ball, no passion or belief.  Beaten to almost every header.  Hump it up the park, that's all it was.  That's the worst defence since "no I've never met Stormy Daniels".   Yes we are still top of the league but we could and should have been running away with it if it wasn't for the past three sh#t shows.  I now want M&M to be replaced by a proper football manager who will instil discipline, work rate and passion into the team.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

I think you could put any other manager in this league in our dugout and they’d win the league.

We are throwing this away persisting with our two. Great guys as they may be, and I’m sure they’re trying their best but not what we need right now.

The tide has definitely turned for M&M now.  Time for a change before it's too late.  We need to be top of the league every week from now until the end of the season in case Covid brings the league to a halt again.  Nothing can get in the way, including loyalty to two Falkirk "heroes".  

Not read any posts today, will look tomorrow but just going to say we've had 2 bad results going into today without playing that badly but today we were terrible everywhere, a defence that can't win a header, no midfield (gomis excepted) and nothing up front, worst performance by a mile this season. On the plus side I'm off this weekend so can use alcohol to blur today's game!

It’s probably a good thing we have the cup next week. Hopefully we can find the spark that’s missing before the next league game. As we all know if we don’t get automatic promotion it will be an unmitigated disaster. It’s time for the new BOD to step up and show us how capable they are, actions speak louder than words. The cracks are not just in the floodlights.

I understand your frustration but ‘atrocious league’? You’re in it because your in it. Generally we were a bit better than you today.
That haughty attitude does you no service.
But yes you weren’t as good as I thought you’d be.
Morrison looked good but partly because he was against our weakest player.
You’ll almost certainly still go up and with a following wind we might. But if you don’t it’s because you’re not good enough.