The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I am sure I heard somewhere that they had split the payments based on the proportion of prize money each division receives. Does anyone have this info (I know it was posted on here a while back). It would be interesting to compare the split between Championship and Leagues 1 and 2.....

Which is entirely the wrong way of looking at it and effectively means the money was used as rewards for sporting success.

The money was to keep businesses afloat by replacing lost revenue incurred due to fans not being able to attend games. 

By giving some clubs more money than they have lost and other clubs less money than they have lost, they've created inequality.

ETA - I wonder if the exercise the SFA/SPFL conducted gathering all the financial data from the clubs gave them a figure of £10m, which is what they asked for and got from government?

Edited by NewBornBairn

Which is entirely the wrong way of looking at it and effectively means the money was used as rewards for sporting success.
The money was to keep businesses afloat by replacing lost revenue incurred due to fans not being able to attend games. 
By giving some clubs more money than they have lost and other clubs less money than they have lost, they've created inequality.

ETA - I wonder if the exercise the SFA/SPFL conducted gathering all the financial data from the clubs gave them a figure of £10m, which is what they asked for and got from government?

Don’t disagree.
I do suspect that the collation of numbers from clubs was only used at a summary level to work out how much needed to be allocated to Scottish Football.
I’d suspect that it was the SPFL that worked out the allocations...

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t disagree.
I do suspect that the collation of numbers from clubs was only used at a summary level to work out how much needed to be allocated to Scottish Football.
I’d suspect that it was the SPFL that worked out the allocations...

So they've given some clubs more than they said they've lost. 

35 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I see we’re getting a kicking from fans from Morton etc and some of our fans are doing the “aren’t our attendances so great” pish. Our goal should be The Chanpionship - and surviving there! The Prem is a pipedream. When we were in the Prem clubs like Livi, ICT or Ross County didn’t exist or were fledging. Now they are established never mind the traditional clubs we historically competed with like St Mirren etc. Surviving The Champ or clipping a play off and it being seen as a very good achievement (and being very unlikely to get promoted) is as high as I see us going now. When I see ex-players like Brian Rice saying Falkirk belong in the Prem it drives me up the wall. It’s a load of rubbish. The only caveat is Rawlings and us being a sort of project Club but otherwise, getting promoted and staying in The Championship is our level.

😀😀😀

Is your name Craig Campbell ? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are at it. If not, then congratulations, in one post you have epitomised and captured perfectly the gutless, No Expectations, COYB, Get behind the boys, accept whatever crap they serve up and clap away regardless culture that has been allowed to fester at our club for years and years and years and which has played a major part in us finding ourselves in our current situation. That attitude really, really needs to get so far to f**k away from this club.

5 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Is there a medical condition for completely normal people who when talking about football suddenly become delusional and/or deranged? There are plenty of them on here! Thankfully we have a game on Saturday and people might actually post about that soon. 

When did completely normal people start posting on here?😀

28 minutes ago, AGPar said:

😀😀😀

Is your name Craig Campbell ? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are at it. If not, then congratulations, in one post you have epitomised and captured perfectly the gutless, No Expectations, COYB, Get behind the boys, accept whatever crap they serve up and clap away regardless culture that has been allowed to fester at our club for years and years and years and which has played a major part in us finding ourselves in our current situation. That attitude really, really needs to get so far to f**k away from this club.

No you’re right, with Rawlings at the helm, let’s bulldoze the leagues and head for the top 6 in no time.

I for one cannot see why football clubs are getting preferrential treatment here. Unlike other businesses they are still able to sell season tickets and receive sponsorship money etc not to mention the sums they receive already from the football authorities. How many restaurants will have 2000 plus people still investing 200 quid a pop on the rare off chance they may actually be able to visit the place at least once between now and may? 

1 hour ago, MS RR said:

What a lot of drivel, I seriously doubt your a Falkirk fan. Surviving in the championship will never be a fulfilling ambition for us. We should be an SPL team and at worst competing for promotion to the SPL. 

I don’t agree. When you say “we should be an SPL team” I assume you mean something along the lines of a Kilmarnock or St Johnstone. Year in year out SPL status and even flourishing at times. Good luck with that ambition supporting us. Tired of the nearly club tag like some are tired of the happy clapper supporters which has been aimed at me. And no, I’m not thunderously applauding a 0-0 home draw against Raith Rovers!

33 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

No you’re right, with Rawlings at the helm, let’s bulldoze the leagues and head for the top 6 in no time.

The same way the might of Livingston “bulldozed” their way to back-to-back promotions a few years ago and are now firmly established in the Premier League? Correct, that is exactly what we should be aiming for. 

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The same way the might of Livingston “bulldozed” their way to back-to-back promotions a few years ago and are now firmly established in the Premier League? Correct, that is exactly what we should be aiming for. 

Well that’s different and I did say that was a caveat if we are a project club.

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Well that’s different and I did say that was a caveat if we are a project club.

Are you Edi/latapy Bairn in disguise and just p*ssed off cause your beloved MSG members (namely Lex) are offski and AT and Lang didnt get back control of the club

as between the lines of your posts that seems to be what your getting at your not happy of the change of directors 

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I for one cannot see why football clubs are getting preferrential treatment here. Unlike other businesses they are still able to sell season tickets and receive sponsorship money etc not to mention the sums they receive already from the football authorities. How many restaurants will have 2000 plus people still investing 200 quid a pop on the rare off chance they may actually be able to visit the place at least once between now and may? 

Have you written to your board requesting that they refuse this payment or is it just perceived lesser clubs than yours receiving money that you don't like?

15 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I don’t agree. When you say “we should be an SPL team” I assume you mean something along the lines of a Kilmarnock or St Johnstone. Year in year out SPL status and even flourishing at times. Good luck with that ambition supporting us. Tired of the nearly club tag like some are tired of the happy clapper supporters which has been aimed at me. And no, I’m not thunderously applauding a 0-0 home draw against Raith Rovers!

Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Livingston, Ross County, St Johnstone and Hamilton all of a similar size or smaller than Falkirk, all currently in the Premier League.

Why exactly should we not be aiming to return to the top level?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Have you written to your board requesting that they refuse this payment or is it just perceived lesser clubs than yours receiving money that you don't like?

I think the point is the fact that clubs should be given funds as appropriate to their running costs you wouldnt expect the local corner shop to get a bail out to the same extent as a bank being a half decent analogy ( i do appreciate the fact we are in the 3rd tier and its our fault for operating a full time squad no one asked us to)

The 2nd point being if someone says to you you do realise there will be no fans allowed bank and have you got the funds to last the season why say yes when you really mean no.  

Probably so that when we are all stitting totally bemused at the stadiums still being closed or permitted about two dozen fans, and the streaming canned come August, the govt can tell the clubs to STFU and remember the free money they got.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think the point is the fact that clubs should be given funds as appropriate to their running costs you wouldnt expect the local corner shop to get a bail out to the same extent as a bank being a half decent analogy ( i do appreciate the fact we are in the 3rd tier and its our fault for operating a full time squad no one asked us to)

The 2nd point being if someone says to you you do realise there will be no fans allowed bank and have you got the funds to last the season why say yes when you really mean no.  

That's not what Shadwell is arguing. He doesn't think football clubs should get preferential treatment.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

You’re better than that, moonster.

It's a fair question. I find it bizarre that people who have businesses are saying "I'm getting nothing so others shouldn't get anything" rather than asking "why is my business not getting anything?". Money should be available for all who need it. We've wasted £22 Billion on test and trace and it doesn't even work, I'm fine with football clubs being given a bit to survive.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Livingston, Ross County, St Johnstone and Hamilton all of a similar size or smaller than Falkirk, all currently in the Premier League.

Why exactly should we not be aiming to return to the top level?

Maybe I’m basing it on historical evidence but in 45 years since league reconstruction we’ve had 4 spells in the top flight and looked to really kick on twice, in 94/95 and the mid noughites, and messed it up pretty quickly. Now there is even more completion as I said with newer clubs in the mix and are now more established. Kind of like Scotland and more countries and tougher countries  to face compared to past times.  Having aspiration is great but a dose of reality shouldn’t be dismissed either.