The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

There’s not any circumstances that I would EVER support giving more money to individual clubs based on turnover. That’s tantamount to agreeing that the OF should always get a higher proportion of the cash than the others...

This is a one off covid payment which is supposed to cover individual organisations financial requirements at this time. Giving 500k.to organisations the size of alloa when probably 100k is more than enough is just ludicrous.

I reckon they would've been better going down a mix of grant and loan with everyone getting a small payment with extra cash being made available in the form of low cost loans. Your then only getting clubs taking the cash they really need instead of wasting money that could be used elsewhere.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

This is a one off covid payment which is supposed to cover individual organisations financial requirements at this time. Giving 500k.to organisations the size of alloa when probably 100k is more than enough is just ludicrous.

I’ve already suggested a more appropriate alternative.
I’m also fully confident that had Falkirk been in the Championship you would not be half as vocal.
In part, it’s our own undoing. We need to accept that and do something to avoid being in this division again any time soon.....

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve already suggested a more appropriate alternative.
I’m also fully confident that had Falkirk been in the Championship you would not be half as vocal.
In part, it’s our own undoing. We need to accept that and do something to avoid being in this division again any time soon.....

I would be just as vocal. 500k is a ludicrous amount to be giving any individual business in the current climate.  If we'd got that I'd be questioning why as we don't need it to keep us afloat whilst businesses in other industries most certainly do.  Max grant pay out should have been 100/150 and no more. I'm sure we as a club would've been happy with anything to be honest.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Oh here comes the invasion from the small clubs with the inferiority complex again. We just need Raith fans to come in and it's a tin-pot party. It's funny to know that if you combine Morton and Raith's average home attendances it still wouldn't match Falkirk's 😆.

Just a shame that you couldn't combine your points total with another team when being i) sent spinning to the seaside leagues and ii) being left to fester there like the dogshit outfit that you are.

Thanks for playing anyway.

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4 

18 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Oh here comes the invasion from the small clubs with the inferiority complex again. We just need Raith fans to come in and it's a tin-pot party. It's funny to know that if you combine Morton and Raith's average home attendances it still wouldn't match Falkirk's 😆.

I'm glad as feck I've got most of them on ignore.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm glad as feck I've got most of them on ignore.

Well I quite enjoy it, they're just so sensitive to being called tin-pot that it's great fun to play on their size rage haha. Morton, QoS and Raith enjoy us being in the seaside league a lot. QoS will certainly be playing in league 1 next year so they should make the most of their tenure in the "big league". 

Well I quite enjoy it, they're just so sensitive to being called tin-pot that it's great fun to play on their size rage haha. Morton, QoS and Raith enjoy us being in the seaside league a lot. QoS will certainly be playing in league 1 next year so they should make the most of their tenure in the "big league". 

Where have you seen a QoS supporter claim to enjoy Falkirk being in League 1?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:
Well I'm sorry for the way I think but I am being honest. I don't give a shit about any other club other than Falkirk FC.  For government/taxpayers money to be used to keep some of these shitey clubs alive is wrong for me.

And what's your definition of a "shitey club"?

One that sucks up to George Galloway.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon they would've been better going down a mix of grant and loan with everyone getting a small payment with extra cash being made available in the form of low cost loans. Your then only getting clubs taking the cash they really need instead of wasting money that could be used elsewhere.

You are probably correct but such an arrangement would require spending some time on it, with research & thought. The clueless idiot Fitzpatrick, who admittedly was spread pretty thin between Health & Sport, gave it none of that it seems.

I'd suggest his boss Nicola told him the gross amount, made it clear the clubs in Premiership propped up by the TV deal only get loans (she specifically mentioned this in her briefing as the same as in England) and told him to go away and work out how to divvy the rest up.

That was when Doncaster became disinterested as he only cares about the top league and Mulrahney stepped in.   

The guy Fitzpatrick was out his depth and Mulrahney is a smart cookie , thus we are where we are.

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

You are probably correct but such an arrangement would require spending some time on it, with research & thought. The clueless idiot Fitzpatrick, who admittedly was spread pretty thin between Health & Sport, gave it none of that it seems.

I'd suggest his boss Nicola told him the gross amount, made it clear the clubs in Premiership propped up by the TV deal only get loans (she specifically mentioned this in her briefing as the same as in England) and told him to go away and work out how to divvy the rest up.

That was when Doncaster became disinterested as he only cares about the top league and Mulrahney stepped in.   

The guy Fitzpatrick was out his depth and Mulrahney is a smart cookie , thus we are where we are.

Absolutely spot on.

Ive had dealings with Mulraney  and he’s very sharp.

Have you seen Fitzpatrick in action? Thick as two short planks!

Just a shame that you couldn't combine your points total with another team when being i) sent spinning to the seaside leagues and ii) being left to fester there like the dogshit outfit that you are.
Thanks for playing anyway.
giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c42f4ebffb77f90d95ecaa9be3809a3b51319151 

If I was a Morton fan, I’d be worried about golden casket syphoning that £500k out of the club.

I see we’re getting a kicking from fans from Morton etc and some of our fans are doing the “aren’t our attendances so great” pish. Our goal should be The Chanpionship - and surviving there! The Prem is a pipedream. When we were in the Prem clubs like Livi, ICT or Ross County didn’t exist or were fledging. Now they are established never mind the traditional clubs we historically competed with like St Mirren etc. Surviving The Champ or clipping a play off and it being seen as a very good achievement (and being very unlikely to get promoted) is as high as I see us going now. When I see ex-players like Brian Rice saying Falkirk belong in the Prem it drives me up the wall. It’s a load of rubbish. The only caveat is Rawlings and us being a sort of project Club but otherwise, getting promoted and staying in The Championship is our level.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

@Dawson Park Boy
Your anti Scottish Government rap is doing you no favours. The fact is that they stepped in to help Scottish Sport. It makes a change that our complaints are that it’s too much rather than too little.
I am sure I heard somewhere that they had split the payments based on the proportion of prize money each division receives. Does anyone have this info (I know it was posted on here a while back). It would be interesting to compare the split between Championship and Leagues 1 and 2.....

I see we’re getting a kicking from fans from Morton etc and some of our fans are doing the “aren’t our attendances so great” pish. Our goal should be The Chanpionship - and surviving there! The Prem is a pipedream. When we were in the Prem clubs like Livi, ICT or Ross County didn’t exist or were fledging. Now they are established never mind the traditional clubs we historically competed with like St Mirren etc. Surviving The Champ or clipping a play off and it being seen as a very good achievement (and being very unlikely to get promoted) is as high as I see us going now. When I see ex-players like Brian Rice saying Falkirk belong in the Prem it drives me up the wall. It’s a load of rubbish. The only caveat is Rawlings and us being a sort of project Club but otherwise, getting promoted and staying in The Championship is our level.

I certainly don’t think that’s in line with the new boards future strategy so completely disagree....

7 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

What a lot of drivel, I seriously doubt your a Falkirk fan. Surviving in the championship will never be a fulfilling ambition for us. We should be an SPL team and at worst competing for promotion to the SPL.