The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Marshmallo said:

"Clubs" are also "businesses" who had to submit individual projections to the governing bodies. Businesses would be allocated funding based on hard numbers, not a blanket handout conducted arbitrarily.

Falkirk and Thistle, for example, wouldn't suggest they should be given a more equitable share because of "wee shitey clubs that no one gives a monkeys about" because that would be ludicrous.

There is no reason that a business the size of Hearts should be given the same financial support as a business the size of Alloa Athletic. It's financial support to keep businesses going and to prevent layoffs, it's not a Christmas gift or prize money.

That was a direct quote from one of your fans.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Well it wasn't from me or anyone in a position of power at Falkirk or Partick Thistle, so has absolutely no bearing on any point I'm making

Edited by Marshmallo

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We aren't being bailed out FFS.  As a taxpayer we still have the right to complain about our money being given in such ridiculous amounts to part time organisations with small overheads whilst other industries see businesses going to the wall and people being made redundant.  In no other industry is a business the size of alloa getting a free grant of half a million quid.  The govt also shouldn't be bailing out organisations that haven't bothered their arse budgeting correctly due to the current circumstances. All these clubs were asked whether they could get through to the season and they all said yes. We then hit December and Morton are having to run with no manager as they are skint already. 

Budgets for this season should have been based on the worst case scenario. ie No fans. Also contracts should have been flexible to allow for better terms if crowds and incomes increase. There would have been plenty of players that would have respected the honesty and the security of. this is the basic you get if restrictions get lifted you get X amount added to your contract.

If clubs have set their budgets based on crowds then hell mend them and should not receive a coin of government cash.

25 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yip that was me, I was speaking soley for me. Not for Falkirk FC, any employee of Falkirk FC or indeed any supporter of Falkirk FC other than me. I honestly couldn't give a shiny shite about any other club apart from Falkirk FC and I think throwing taxpayers cash at certain clubs to keep them afloat is an absolute waste of money. Just my opinion though.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

The idea that the money given out should in some way be decided by the fans delusional view of how "big" a club they are is far more laughable than anything Doncaster has ever come up with.

Maybe you should budget according to the level you currently enjoy playing at.

Then, you can dry your eyes

38 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It would, which Im pretty sure no clubs or fans have. 

Entitlement is also thinking you're entitled to more money than other clubs because they're "wee shitey clubs that no one gives a monkeys about"

Some very severe levels of VT type trolling here surely. Never had you down as being this thick. It's pretty simple and marshy has made the correct points crystal clear. This is about businesses surving, should be nothing to do with 'clubs' and 'the levels they are playing at' Not that we need our hand out to survive as we have "cut our cloth accordingly" the teams with far less running costs getting 500k will be rubbing their hands. Surely you can see why some have a bit in their teeth about how this has been handled? 

It's wrong though. Why when thousands are losing their jobs and businesses are being shut down left, right and centre should large wedges of cash be made to wee shitey clubs that no one gives a monkeys about just because they are playing at a higher level.

Why should a club like Falkirk get 150k grant when my business, double the size of the club in terms of turnover, get hee haw?

Spot on mate. If I had a business if be fuming at the cash getting handed out by the sg to football clubs.

That’s why I don’t think as a club we should be whinging about it.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Spot on mate. If I had a business if be fuming at the cash getting handed out by the sg to football clubs.

I work for a large construction company, with considerable overheads, large fleet and staff numbers to support, if a site shut down would the same monetary value be paid to support my company as would be one man and his van who is on the same site ? Of course not. So it beggars belief why it has been handled like this in football akin to some kind of prize money instead of support for 'businesses' to continue to operate at the level they were without the restrictions put in place. Not better off ffs. 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That’s why I don’t think as a club we should be whinging about it.

It's clearly not going to be used for just running costs for these smaller clubs with far less need for that amount of money to survive, giving them the opportunity to sign better players, offer better contracts surely? That's the only gripe I can see, and if its supposed to be ring fenced then guranteed there will be loopholes to allow them to spend the money on what they want...  

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why should a club like Falkirk get 150k grant when my business, double the size of the club in terms of turnover, get hee haw?

I agree, if clubs cannot keep themselves afloat off their own backs then government money  should not be thrown at them. I still stick by original moan though that they way Doncaster and co. have divied it up stinks.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, if clubs cannot keep themselves afloat off their own backs then government money  should not be thrown at them. I still stick by original moan though that they way Doncaster and co. have divied it up stinks.

Would still like to know if the divi out was down to Doncaster, Mulroney and co or dimwit Fitzpatrick of the SG?

Said it before but it bears repeating, this money is to make up the shortfall incurred by government not allowing fans into grounds.

Alloa had an average crowd of 1100 last season.

If all 1100 paid the full ticket price of £18 for adults, Alloa would get £19,800 per game. For 14 home games out of a 27 game season, that's £277,200.

The reality is with season tickets, OAPs, kids, students etc they'd be looking at an average of maybe £12, bringing in £184,800. Yes there's hospitality money and the like but there's also no policing or stewarding costs. 

They got given £500,000.

Also agree, but whatever hat one wears on this topic, the way in which the grants have been distributed would never be allowed in any other business, but once again we are dealing with an organisation which is corrupt from top to bottom. 

All other money that dish out is done on where you are in the pyramid. Why not this?

Nope. The reason why any Queens fan is currently doing anything at all is to deflect from the deepest of minters their club has made of themselves with their cosying up to George fucking Galloway and the subsequent shut the f**k up and eat your cereal statements delivered to their fans. Fair play to him if he thinks folk being mildly aggrieved on a Scottish football forum, about use of govt cash within Scottish football is comparable point and laugh material, but I sense he might be reaching slightly with that one.

The reason our Queens fan is waving his willy and giving it the big GIRUY is his club would have had income of approx £280,000. They got given £500,000.

The only issue here should be about the split of cash between the divisions. Giving one club a higher amount than another in the same division is automatically influencing the outcome of the league as you are providing financial advantage to those who are given more.
I’ve no issue with the grant given to our club who clearly have other ways of raising the cash anyway. However, It’s questionable why 500k was given to championship clubs. I’d have suggested 250k and if a specific club needed more they can apply for a loan top up like the Premiership clubs are being rightly asked to do.
Indeed loan top ups could be offered to clubs in any division if they are struggling with the amount given for free.....

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The only issue here should be about the split of cash between the divisions. Giving one club a higher amount than another in the same division is automatically influencing the outcome of the league as you are providing financial advantage to those who are given more.
I’ve no issue with the grant given to our club who clearly have other ways of raising the cash anyway. However, It’s questionable why 500k was given to championship clubs. I’d have suggested 250k and if a specific club needed more they can apply for a loan top up like the Premiership clubs are being rightly asked to do.

I'd say rather than providing financial advantage, it should have been allocated to prevent financial disadvantage. They had the exact figures from almost all of the clubs. They could have handed out the money according to need and then audited the club's accounts next year. Any club showing a profit repays that part and the money then gets used to help the whole of Scottish football.