The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Really hope (and think) Rawlins is about to bring an end to the three years of Groundhog Day. As BPM says, it’s just a pity two of the main clowns responsible for this mess will be tiptoeing out the door with their cash hoping no-one notices.

If either of them pop up in the boardroom as jolly old pals, then it’s clear that there’s still something rotten hanging about the place. Mind you, it’s that sort of thing that Rawlins would stop.

On a positive though look how close it came to have Lang, Thomson and Gowser running the show least we dont have to worry about that one

Edited by AL-FFC

Don’t know about now, but a few years back, we were due to play the Launderers at their place, and the usual request went in for a a dozen or so complimentary tickets. The Launderers said “no, we want you to pay for them”. Fair enough, precedent set.

Two months later, they visit TFS, and in comes the request for complimentary tickets. I think you will know what we did......yep, we gave them complimentary tickets because we are friendly and principled club.

I would imagine that we would still be indulging in that sort of crap today.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t know about now, but a few years back, we were due to play the Launderers at their place, and the usual request went in for a a dozen or so complimentary tickets. The Launderers said “no, we want you to pay for them”. Fair enough, precedent set.

Two months later, they visit TFS, and in comes the request for complimentary tickets. I think you will know what we did......yep, we gave them complimentary tickets because we are friendly and principled club.

I would imagine that we would still be indulging in that sort of crap today.

And a few years on, the launderers are being managed by a convicted drug dealer who will have blood on his hands (these people pray on the vulnerable and are amongst the lowest of the low in my opinion), have won 6 on the trot, are 6th in the top division and in a national cup semi final and look at us !!

Crime doesn’t pay right enough.

Probably because the weak will that has allowed so much to go wrong is equally weak at challenging anything without explicit instruction......even when they know it isn’t right. In two decades, FFC haven’t been keen on rocking the boat.
Let’s hope they are collectively in for a bit of rude awakening.

They will sit on their hands until Rawlins sees what is going down.

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

There is 340k coming in from Rawlins on the 15th of January. I just hope he is controlling how it is invested

Let’s hope the two dipsh!ts in the dugout don’t get to squander a penny of it on even more dross. Even better, use some of it to empty the pair of them straight away. They may well limp over the line to the Boys Brigade League Title, but let’s not kid ourselves “big Lee and Cracks” are good for anything other than fannying around with crossbar challenges and having their ego’s stroked by fanboys and Falkirk maws. Back to back promotions with the aim of establishing ourselves in the Premier League should be the aim. If that aim is shared by the Club then quit dicking about and show we mean business.

As everyone is aware, the club is currently going through a major boardroom change which in the first part has seen the appointment of a new chairman followed by the appointment of three new directors and some leaving.  Further changes with some of the major shareholders and fans involvement with the club  are currently ongoing. The new investment from the Rawlins should be completed in January. 
Ive no doubt that Rawlins will already be involved with decision making behind the scenes, but there will be legal criteria that cannot be compromised, until signed off.  Not convinced the BOD are sitting on their hands -  Gow, was a glaring mistake, however the club quickly acted on removing him, which wouldn’t have happened in the previous set up...

That’s fine provided that everyone on the BoD right now is only making balanced decisions that are wholly in the best interests of the club, then that would be great, but personally, I am not convinced that that is the case.
I think we are still some way off having the focus and drive to match the public declarations of what we are after. We still feel like a soft touch that sets low expectations that in recent times, haven’t been met.

Let’s hope the two dipsh!ts in the dugout don’t get to squander a penny of it on even more dross. Even better, use some of it to empty the pair of them straight away. They may well limp over the line to the Boys Brigade League Title, but let’s not kid ourselves “big Lee and Cracks” are good for anything other than fannying around with crossbar challenges and having their ego’s stroked by fanboys and Falkirk maws. Back to back promotions with the aim of establishing ourselves in the Premier League should be the aim. If that aim is shared by the Club then quit dicking about and show we mean business.
And how do we attract decent players who really want to play in a Boys Brigade league? That's where the problem lies

12 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Hypothetically, if worst case scenario happens and we are left in this division again for a third season who could we actually attract to replace M & M. There is no one that jumps out at me straight away (apart from maybe the Montrose manager who seems to always work a minor miracle each year) but then again I’m maybe not thinking hard enough. 

He has a good fulltime job and apparently doesn’t want to be in football fulltime.

Moreover he’s a Pars legend whose face is on their hall of fame at East End Park.

I’d say the chances of him taking the reigns at Falkirk are roughly the same as George Galloway being the next First Minister.

2 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

Pretty harsh assessment although I do agree with the thinking behind it. I always said it was a big gamble to put them in charge but now that they are there we need to back them to get us out of this league at least.

I firmly believe we will "limp over the line" but I don't think this standard is good enough for our long term plans. The other clubs in this league apart from PT & Cove are seriously weakened by COVID cut backs - they should really be cannon fodder to us with our squad and budget.

The problem coming up is that if & when M+M get us promoted there is no way they will lose their jobs ,that would seem crazy - in fact I can see new contracts for both. But at the same time unfortunately I don't see anything in their style or tactics to suggest they will cut it in the Championship so are we indeed just "dicking about" hoping they will come good.           

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:
3 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

And how do we attract decent players who really want to play in a Boys Brigade league? That's where the problem lies

I’m not talking about attracting players to play in this league. We should have just enough about us to get over the line this season, but moving forward, Miller and McCracken are not the men to get us back to where we want to be.

Edited by MSG GTF!

11 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

And a few years on, the launderers are being managed by a convicted drug dealer who will have blood on his hands (these people pray on the vulnerable and are amongst the lowest of the low in my opinion), have won 6 on the trot, are 6th in the top division and in a national cup semi final and look at us !!

Crime doesn’t pay right enough.

Talking utter shite even by your standards. Have you even watched any of Martindale’s interviews in recent weeks where he talked about his past and rehabilitation?

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

And the words of a convicted drug dealer should now be taken as gospel?…

Even in his own words, it’s something that happened about 16 years ago. He was quite forthcoming in taking the blame, pointing out that it wasn’t a case of falling in with the wrong crowd, more so that he was the wrong crowd. 

He hasn’t hidden from the realities of the lives he’s ruined either, he’s always came across as very remorseful about it as well.

At least take a read of this and then have a think, everyone’s allowed their opinion: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/04/david-martindales-journey-from-prison-to-leading-livingston

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

The most infuriating part for me ( apart from some baffling line ups) is the continued easy ride they get from our TV guys, easy questions and always agreeing with whatever is reciprocated by our managers. 

Go talk to the FFCTV guys about the treatment they received from a certain ex-manager. When he was actually prepared to talk to them. Which wasn't long, because after a very mild set of questions following a defeat at Firhill he never did a post-match interview with them again. Everything afterwards was done by a club employee. 

I'd hate to do that job. No matter what line you take you piss someone off. Either the fans who think you're being too soft or the management who won't take what they see as disrespect from an unqualified nobody. 

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Talking utter shite even by your standards. Have you even watched any of Martindale’s interviews in recent weeks where he talked about his past and rehabilitation?

What part of my above post is ‘utter shite’ mate ?

Surely you aren’t saying a convicted drug dealer hasn’t ruined lives ? f**k sake I’ve heard it all now.

Who paid to rehabilitate all the vulnerable people he supplied drugs too ??

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn