The Falkirk FC Thread

Imo you seem to think we are better than we are.

Of that squad only Mutch, Kelly, Morrison, Alston and probably Keena are good enough to have us challenging at the top end of the championship.

I just hope Rawlins is watching and sorts things out when he lands in January.

If I genuinely believed we have 5 players in our squad good enough to be challenging at the top end of the Championship I’d be congratulating our management team at this stage.

ps. I don’t....

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You'd get away with one of either dowds or sammon if you had a decent striker up beside them but you can't play both of them together. We got away with it due to Morrisons purple patch but now it's dried up we never look like scoring. Summer signings again for the umpteenth year in a row look poor. Keena injured so can't rate him at all. Dowds showed in flashes but doesn't score anywhere near  enough for me. Francis looks like he's playing at least two levels above his standard. Mercer is another mediocre right back that couldn't cross his legs. Kelly is okay if not spectacular at least he means we don't have to play durnan.  Sneddon obviously nowhere near the first team, young boy from Killie no.idea why we signed him and Morrison has been good in the main although his form has dipped at the moment. Backup goalie is fine. Alston has been a huge disappointment but will struggle In a midfield with zero pace. Hardly a glowing report and follows on from the dross they picked up last January like Todd etc.

So Sammon 1 goal in six games is simply not good enough given his experience and the caliber of player he is up against . He is trying but it’s  simply not good enough. Dowds has more football bit his relative inexperience   doesn’t help and for now his record isn’t any better . Fills backs were poor Miller total pish and Todd  painful to watch 

We need to dig deep to ensure we win this league . It’s very rare a team wins a league without a striker getting into double figures . Keena needs to be the man or we could be in trouble !

I was genuinely worried that a bit of pressure added to a game or two not going our way could see the management and team choke and stall. As results went our way, everything seemed pretty rosy in the garden.

Two pretty woeful performances against other half decent teams in the league are the first signs of adversity, and with it comes a bit of pressure (4 point lead or not).

The chances of this starting to unravel are no longer far fetched. For me based on what I am seeing, “Falkirk Win L1” and “Falkirk Blow It Yet again” are two headlines that are now running neck and neck.

We are left with the hope that Keena is the one that is going to make the difference.

If I genuinely believed we have 5 players in our squad good enough to be challenging at the top end of the Championship I’d be congratulating our management team at this stage.

ps. I don’t....

Are you telling me those 5 couldn’t hold their own in a team challenging at the top of the championship?

My concerns lie with M&M picking the right team rather than the players we have tbh. Obviously Connolly and Keena being injured and Alston missing pre season havent been ideal. I still think we'll win the league though, and with a couple of additions the current squad would be absolutely fine in the Championship 

I’m sure it will be Falkirk and Partick who go up. Cove have fallen on their erses.

As a Mo fan, I would be happy if we’re in the top 4 at the end of the season. I wouldn’t want to see the Mo getting promoted, we’re not a big enough club. Thinking about Brechin, a club that punched above their weight for 20 years, now going through a nightmare.

I’m sure it will be Falkirk and Partick who go up. Cove have fallen on their erses.
As a Mo fan, I would be happy if we’re in the top 4 at the end of the season. I wouldn’t want to see the Mo getting promoted, we’re not a big enough club. Thinking about Brechin, a club that punched above their weight for 20 years, now going through a nightmare.

Megginson just scored so they are back in the mix......

I just dont think we cope with being favourites or as the last 2 weeks have show we had the chance to open a gap between ourselves and the rest of the clubs and we are slowly blowing it and that gap is getting narrower.  Sammon is not a striker and Dowds needs a bit of confidence or at least Francis to give him a chance instead.

33 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I just dont think we cope with being favourites or as the last 2 weeks have show we had the chance to open a gap between ourselves and the rest of the clubs and we are slowly blowing it and that gap is getting narrower.  Sammon is not a striker and Dowds needs a bit of confidence or at least Francis to give him a chance instead.

And anyone who cannot "cope with being favourites" whilst being employed by Falkirk Football Club in League 1 is of absolutely no use to us and should get the f**k out of the door immediately, never to return. Players, management team, whoever. God help us. Four seasons ago we went toe-to-toe with Rangers and Hibs, two of the biggest clubs in Scotland, with multiple times our playing budget and resources. No fear was shown, and precious little respect either. Houston could not have made his contempt for Stubbs in particular, and Hibs in general, any clearer. He didn't give a toss for reputation that season, and neither did his players. It was magnificent to behold. A manager with that sort of mindset would have had us going into these last two games against Airdrie and Partick with the attitude "We're top of the league, we're going to show you why, and at the conclusion of these 180 minutes the rest of you will be looking at playoffs at best" Take the advantage we have built up, ram it home and have everything as good as wrapped up before 2021 is even here.  Instead, 180 minutes worth  of the trademark craven, gutless shitbaggery that has become the norm in any game of significance. That Houston team was not the most the most talented we have had in recent times, but a hundredth of their spirit, attitude and refusal to be beaten and we'd be planning for the Championship already. Someone needs to get a grip of the club and initiate a complete change in mindset.

I hate to admit it but we may still be top of the league but do not look anything like a league winning side. Mercer got out of jail a few times , Kelly trying to hit passes to ? . I think Miller was playing, absolutely  no attacking punch from midfield. Gomis @ 35 must be wondering what the f--k. Attack so very punch less. 2 weeks on the trot home advantage against probably  our supposedly  main challengers, just not good enough

On the law of averages the amount of chances Sammon has had the past 2 weeks he should have scored, Miller i thought was pretty much anonymous today Todd drifted in and out.  Other than the chances Partick the crossbar and the post aside, i dont think we have issues defensively our biggest issue is creativity and scoring and thats 2 weeks on the trot we had chances but no one is scoring. A striker that cant score isnt a striker, he can trouble defences that we have seen and opened them up but he just cant score. Again our best player was Gomis.  Miller saying weather didnt help the game (which is fair enough) and players kicking themselves end of the day its 2 points dropped and i hope to f**k they dont come back and haunt us in the same was as the end of last season.

Miller is totally hopeless, he offers us nothing going forward and he was a liability today. He gets an awful easy ride from our fans, if you watch him play he doesn't have a positive impact on any match. His passing is backward and if he's adventurous it's side ways. We can't start him any longer. 

3 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Miller is totally hopeless, he offers us nothing going forward and he was a liability today. He gets an awful easy ride from our fans, if you watch him play he doesn't have a positive impact on any match. His passing is backward and if he's adventurous it's side ways. We can't start him any longer. 

The fans have known this for literally 13 months 

21 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The fans have known this for literally 13 months 

Well M&M certainly can't spot it. I couldn't believe they started him in midfield today, especially if you consider how good Telfer has bee recently.