The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the ruling on that ? Would we be awarded the title similar to Raith last season if it was ultimately cancelled ??

They shat the bed with the ruling they are leaving it to the SPFL to decide again, the general plan seems to be kick the can down the road unless you are in the Premiership in which case its played to conclusion.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

They shat the bed with the ruling they are leaving it to the SPFL to decide again, the general plan seems to be kick the can down the road unless you are in the Premiership in which case its played to conclusion.

Is Peter Lawell on the SPFL Board ?? If he is no chance anything is being agreed prematurely.

Wales considering all sports to be put on hold if the new strain of virus continues to grow, Scotland is never that far away from what Wales does, worrying times..

Been flagging this one the last couple of days.
The usual suspect on here told me I was talking nonsense!....

They were talking about it on clyde 1 SSB said the Premiership will be played to a conclusion due to the TV deal.  The rest will probably go to the same farce that ended last season put to a vote on whether to call it or not (lets face it they havent learned anything from the last sham) just make sure the spam filter is checked this time.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I take it this means Saturday is off unless they have changed the guidelines on it or they have something in place with the SPFL to allow games to continue

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football-development/return-to-football-hub/covid-protection-levels-guidance/

image.thumb.png.e43e2bf29fd29a3060e7e6e5ccab36ac.png

Is that not just non.'elite' though that that covers.. There have been areas in level 4 before now but pro football has still continued.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Who knows. Seems ridiculous that individuals can be in close contact with another 21 individuals  plus ,every Saturday  who will then be mixing with god knows how many family members on a Saturday without any testing whilst the rest of us are being told not to leave the house.

Teachers aren’t mandatory tested so why should footballers? Not being wide, just looking at the other side of the coin. 

9 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Teachers aren’t mandatory tested so why should footballers? Not being wide, just looking at the other side of the coin. 

Theirs social distancing in schools but none on the football park and I don't see many teachers cuddling their colleagues or pupils. Do they not have to wear masks when working too? Plus they aren't travelling all over the country either.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't see many teachers cuddling their colleagues or pupils. Do they not have to wear masks when working too? Plus they aren't travelling all over the country either.

No but secondary teachers can be in contact with over 100 pupils a day.  The masks do little when pupils refuse to wear them. 

Montrose drawing tonight sets us up nicely for another crack at going 6 points clear on Saturday. Starting line up needs to be right and we need to be much more up for it than we were on Sunday. For me, putting someone in the gap between their defence and their midfield two is the right way to go as we got joy with that when Telfer came on in the last game against them. I also never thought I'd see the day when I'd be quoting Sammon up top on his own in a Falkirk team again.

Mutch

Mercer Hall Dixon Kelly

Alston Gomis

Morrison Telfer Connolly

Sammon

Edited by FFC 1876

36 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I take it this means Saturday is off unless they have changed the guidelines on it or they have something in place with the SPFL to allow games to continue

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football-development/return-to-football-hub/covid-protection-levels-guidance/

image.thumb.png.e43e2bf29fd29a3060e7e6e5ccab36ac.png

Professional sport follows a different set of rules which were agreed by the government. before the season began. Those haven't been changed. 

If professional sport followed the same rules as everyone else then none of our games could have gone ahead. You're not allowed to leave your council area if you're level three, which we've been for the majority of games since we started playing again in mid September.  

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is that not just non.'elite' though that that covers.. There have been areas in level 4 before now but pro football has still continued.

"Elite" football clubs that can't afford to test their players.....I need to check the dictionary meaning of elite again.  

Interesting letter in the post this morning

EGM on the 14th Jan to approve Rawlins investment and buyback shares from Liddell, Healey and Miller. Those shares to then be offered to fans to buy.

Good news all round on the face of it.

Edited to fix date

21 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ we didn't have that many clear cut chances at the end of the day. Sammon and dowds had one each and that was it. I'd see your point if we had battered them for 90 mins . Airdrie had by far the better chances after that. And why choose 14 games. We've only played 9 and our results are similar to his who knows after 14 they may be similar again we don't know. I was expecting a big improvement this season not more of the same. It just annoys the feck out of me that the first time a club shows up parks the bus and doesn't gift us goals then we struggle. The fact that we couldn't even manage a point was piss poor.  If it's that bad in this league how come teams like Dunfermline, queen's,  livie and Arbroath have managed to put sides on the park to win it comfortably probably all on less budgets than we have. 

Saturday will tell us even more about what we're about.  Win and I'll hold my hands up so let's wait and see.

You haven't just wet the bed, you have wet all stock of silent nights beds.

We have played 14 games this season so far in which we have had injuries and covid to deal with., have we had a settled same 11 in any of our games due to the above ?

For me, we have still to get into a settled stride and top, so I won't be looking out my nappy.

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We just need to keep our fingers crossed re Keena or it could be another questionable recruitment season once again. So far Morrison and Kelly have proven good acquisitions but the jury is still out on the rest of them I'd say.

I haven't really seen something wow in Kelly, he came with a reference of being a great attacking left sided player, he has a long way to go for me to show that. I'm putting it down to catch up with his late signing.

15 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Theirs social distancing in schools but none on the football park and I don't see many teachers cuddling their colleagues or pupils. Do they not have to wear masks when working too? Plus they aren't travelling all over the country either.

Social distancing doesn't happen in schools, plenty classes sent home due to someone catching covid, small corridors where social distancing is impossible, still the windows are open !

It's madness though that there is no testing in any football below top leagues but the rules are on the whole been made by crazies all over the world.