The Falkirk FC Thread

18 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dunfermline won the league by 18 points livi 19. With goal difference of around plus 50 each. That's what we should've  been looking to equal last season and now this season.  These teams didn't struggle to sign players able to win the league at a canter and neither had budgets bigger than us.  Why are we accepting mediocrity and making excuses.

So 18 points in a 36 game league. We are playing a third less so take a third off 18 gives you exactly 12 and the same percentage of points ahead which you deem a canter, the same 12 we are on course for should the first round of games follow suit. 

"Shat the bed"

"shit the bed"

"bed shitters"

"shitey bed pants"

"shit the sheets" 

"did a jobby under the covers"

Hoping for an 18 game unbeaten run just to avoid reading these (or variants) in almost every single post these days.  When did shitting the bed become the go to phrase for everything from getting beat to league reconstruction.  Its a shitey phrase.  

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

So 18 points in a 36 game league. We are playing a third less so take a third off 18 gives you exactly 12 and the same percentage of points ahead which you deem a canter, the same 12 we are on course for should the first round of games follow suit. 

Time will tell. There were folk on here last season telling everyone that complained  they were knicker wetting after us only having lost one game in the first 9.  Just remember how that ended up.We shall see over the next few weeks starting Saturday.

Time will tell. There were folk on here last season telling everyone that complained  they were knicker wetting after us only having lost one game in the first 9.  Just remember how that ended up.We shall see over the next few weeks starting Saturday.

We lost 4 games out of 28 last season. Three of them to Clyde, that was our main problem. The odds are we would have been promoted last season despite Clyde if it wasn’t for COVID....

9 hours ago, Baggio said:

Interesting letter in the post this morning

EGM on the 14th Jan to approve Rawlins investment and buyback shares from Liddell, Healey and Miller. Those shares to then be offered to fans to buy.

Good news all round on the face of it.

Edited to fix date

Sorry I am seriously out the loop here.

So the Rawlins are buying new previously unissued shares, hence the investment ? Is this correct? But they are also buying the shares from the 3 mentioned and gifting them to the club to sell or is it the club buying back the shares? 

Any idea of what the share price will be devalued to after the new unissued shares, if that's correct?  I reckon the fans will snap these up.  

I am assuming someone is losing money out of this, can't imagine it being Liddell, Healey or Miller.

If there are no new shares then it would all make perfect sense but then what is the Rawlins' investment? They wouldn't buy back shares then gift them to the club I would have thought.

Sorry for all the questions , I'm confused, but then I have only ever read the headlines on this.    

From what I can gather from the letter, the Rawlins investment is entirely seperate to the buyback. These are new shares giving the Rawlins a 26% shareholding (0.40 a share, £340500 investment total)

The club are buying back the shares from the outgoing 3 at 0.30 a share. They are then going to the offer them to fans at the market rate of 0.4 per share earning the club a small premium.

All these are proposals to be put before the AGM for approval.

All sounds too good to be true! I assume they will go through no problem but someone might know different... This is Falkirk after all...

Sorry I am seriously out the loop here.
So the Rawlins are buying new previously unissued shares, hence the investment ? Is this correct? But they are also buying the shares from the 3 mentioned and gifting them to the club to sell or is it the club buying back the shares? 
Any idea of what the share price will be devalued to after the new unissued shares, if that's correct?  I reckon the fans will snap these up.  
I am assuming someone is losing money out of this, can't imagine it being Liddell, Healey or Miller.
If there are no new shares then it would all make perfect sense but then what is the Rawlins' investment? They wouldn't buy back shares then gift them to the club I would have thought.
Sorry for all the questions , I'm confused, but then I have only ever read the headlines on this.    

1 minute ago, Baggio said:

From what I can gather in the letter, the Rawlins investment is entirely seperate to the buyback. These are new shares giving the Rawlins a 26% shareholding (0.40 a share, £340500 investment total)

The club are buying back the shares from the outgoing 3 at 0.30 a share. They are then going to the offer them to fans at the market rate of 0.4 per share earning the club a small premium.

All these are proposals to be put before the AGM for approval.

All sounds too good to be true! I assume they will go through no problem but someone might know different... Thus is Falkirk after all...

Thus is Falkirk after all...

Very christmassy.🤔

We lost 4 games out of 28 last season. Three of them to Clyde, that was our main problem. The odds are we would have been promoted last season despite Clyde if it wasn’t for COVID....

100% don’t agree.

We failed miserably to spend any more than one week at the top of the league all season. IMO We looked like a team that when the pressure was really on we would crumble. Any time we looked like taking the league by the scruff of the neck we messed up.

100% don’t agree.

We failed miserably to spend any more than one week at the top of the league all season. IMO We looked like a team that when the pressure was really on we would crumble. Any time we looked like taking the league by the scruff of the neck we messed up.

So we’re a much better side than last term then?
I don’t disagree but I’m kinda fed up with the ridiculous levels of negativity after our first defeat last week.
Let’s review the situation after the Thistle game.
Jeez, if anyone had said pre-season we could be turning the year 6 points clear of the field most would bite your hand off.
However a few are never happy and think we should be Barcelona....

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t disagree but I’m kinda fed up with the ridiculous levels of negativity after our first defeat last week.
Jeez, if anyone had said pre-season we could be turning the year 6 points clear of the field most would bite your hand off.

100% agree

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

100% don’t agree.

Shat the bed as @Proudtobeabairn would say.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Christ I'd take being Arbroath the now never mind Barcelona.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

20 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Posted similar post a few days back, we’ve had a horrendous previous two managers that ripped the heart out the club and all the supporters, and yes maybe M&M have made some mistakes, but they’ve got us playing consistently and yes we’re not playing like Liverpool each week, but we’re top of the league and a good result against PT would see us with a decent gap going into the new year. Football has changed from two/three seasons ago, many more lower leagues clubs have been able to attract better quality players which they haven’t previously been able to do. 

Christ we were getting told previously on this thread that league one clubs can't attract decent players.   

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Happy Christmas everyone, not just Bairns but supporters of all clubs.  We all have the same pain, hope, disappointment or joy every game.  Life is very short, enjoy your passions and love those close to you. xxxx