The Falkirk FC Thread

Losing that game yesterday didn’t really feel like “a bad day at the office, and we move on”. It felt much more like an ongoing and significant flaw was exposed, and it’s there to be exploited by any manager who pays attention to such things.

I would be amazed if Partick’s manager isn’t one of them.

Looks like that January transfer window might be crucial after all.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Losing that game yesterday didn’t really feel like “a bad day at the office, and we move on”. It felt much more like an ongoing and significant flaw was exposed, and it’s there to be exploited by any manager who pays attention to such things.

I would be amazed if Partick’s manager isn’t one of them.

Looks like that January transfer window might be crucial after all.

Exactly how I feel. Same old issues as before.  Only hope is that McCall will do a bielsa and let his heart rule his head and they'll play their usual open attacking game against us.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee are not in Scottish League One, the third tier of Scottish football. 

No but with your sizeable budget you're making an even bigger mess of getting out of the championship than we are , league one.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

As I was saying only yesterday.
Now the borders with Europe are closing.
There may be bigger things for us all to worry about in coming weeks but after 10-12 games would the leagues be voided or called as they stand?…

If the football does have to be shut down again I don’t think the season will be declared over. If anything they might end up restarting in March/April and shortening to 18 games.

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, but remember McCracken basically rubbished it the last time he said that.

Can’t trust a thing they say in interviews Tbf. Every week it’s clean bill of health, apart from keena, we get to Saturday and Alston, gomis or someone is missing from the bench never mind the starting 11. Assume it’s a deliberate strategy, to keep other teams guessing?

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Can’t trust a thing they say in interviews Tbf. Every week it’s clean bill of health, apart from keena, we get to Saturday and Alston, gomis or someone is missing from the bench never mind the starting 11. Assume it’s a deliberate strategy, to keep other teams guessing?

Or maybe they're still guessing.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Or maybe they do the FTV interview on a Wednesday and players can still get injured at training on the Thursday/Friday.

The FTV ones are usually done on a Friday, at least with the current management. 

I think "accidentally forgetting about" injuries is standard practice for most managers. I've sat in press conferences with different ones over the years when they've given their squad a clean bill of health when asked by the journos. Meanwhile, I'd just come back from a school visit with a player who got lumbered with the job because he was injured and so unavailable for the weekend.  

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Verbal diarrhoea is too harsh, but they are normally totally bland and best avoided. This applies to 99% of all managers.

"The boys are right up for the weekend. Everyone has been buzzing in training".

Cheers. Zzzzzz.

I wouldn't disagree with this, although there are on or two exceptions in Falkirk's case. 

Gary Holt at Alloa after Phil Roberts threw a hissy fit after being sent off was one. Steven Pressley at Peterhead when he slaughtered Jack Compton  was another, though I think that was only in the press conference rather than to a TV camera. Paul Hartley at Firhill when his contempt towards the FFCTV interviewer shone through clearly was another, as it gave an insight into how odious he could be IRL.  

Zak's Ruddens "I'm just here to effin score goals" at Firhill was a good one, as were Housties "deal with it" and "journeymen" for the rage they created amongst opposition fans. I think I can mind him getting some sort of SFA charge after slaughtering a ref at Ibrox on FFCTV too. 

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I wouldn't disagree with this, although there are on or two exceptions in Falkirk's case. 

Gary Holt at Alloa after Phil Roberts threw a hissy fit after being sent off was one. Steven Pressley at Peterhead when he slaughtered Jack Compton  was another, though I think that was only in the press conference rather than to a TV camera. Paul Hartley at Firhill when his contempt towards the FFCTV interviewer shone through clearly was another, as it gave an insight into how odious he could be IRL.  

Zak's Ruddens "I'm just here to effin score goals" at Firhill was a good one, as were Housties "deal with it" and "journeymen" for the rage they created amongst opposition fans. I think I can mind him getting some sort of SFA charge after slaughtering a ref at Ibrox on FFCTV too. 

I’m not gonna go into the politics of whether it was right or wrong Houstie left, but boy do I miss the deal with it interviews. He had Hibernian fc in the palms of his hand for a full year and a half. They still hate us because of him. Glorious.