The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Groundsharing wouldn't have been an issue if like with ICT they had bent over backwards to get us in instead of doing everything to keep us out.  Changed the rules to allow groundsharing, changed the rules to allow them to play half the season in Aberdeen and half the season in Inverness. Had two votes after the backlash of the first one which had kept ICT down. There was no second vote for us or flexibility of any kind.  It was the self preservation league in full flow.

I can remember Eddie Thomson at DU actively lobbying other SPL clubs to vote against us as he'd just taken McCall off us and wanted to come back for Coyle, Samuel and Kerr  - which he did when we were kept down.   

Tier 4 won’t stop the football but if this new strain rages out of control I can see an impact to sport coming....

As I was saying only yesterday.

Now the borders with Europe are closing.

There may be bigger things for us all to worry about in coming weeks but after 10-12 games would the leagues be voided or called as they stand?…

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

As I was saying only yesterday.

Now the borders with Europe are closing.

There may be bigger things for us all to worry about in coming weeks but after 10-12 games would the leagues be voided or called as they stand?…

Knowing our luck, voided. 

Toss up for me between dowds and sammon . Both have their moments but I'd agree with you on sammon if he sorts out his finishing which has been dreadful of late.

Dowds is chronic. If this club is to move through the leagues he ain’t the answer

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just when M&M seem to be getting their they throw that at us yesterday. Partick game massive now.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dowds is chronic. If this club is to move through the leagues he ain’t the answer

Yes he looks really poor - he doesn’t look in the best of shape either.

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes he looks really poor - he doesn’t look in the best of shape either.

Not this out of shape rubbish again. Come on he may be pish but if he was overweight or unfit he'd not be getting near the first team especially with McCracken as one of the managers.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Yes agree, didn’t see that one yesterday and was confident that after a really decent run of games that our momentum would continue. Hard to pinpoint why we turned in such a disappointing performance but guys like Telfer & Leitch once again non existent. Hall looked like a nervous wreck after a few decent performances, Dowds once again looks out of sorts and with Morrison benched (agree he needed to be given a rest/break) Mercer looked very hesitant after a couple of decent performances.

The substitutions I thought were wrong, and puzzling that our big prize ( Alston) didn’t really apply himself. 
Would expect to see Miller re-instated at RB, with Morrison & Alston starting in place of Leitch/Telfer. I’d expect Sammon and Dowds to be given last chance of a pairing up before hopefully Keena is back. 

It's the same old story. Airdrie are the first side weve faced who have come defended for their lives and not gifted us goals and once again we were clueless in how to deal with it. We were fortunate against both cove and Peterhead. Two sides who were far more open and gave us far more space and therefor ability to create chances. Even then we missed a barrowload in both games.   Transfer that to yesterday where Airdrie gave us nothing and if we didn't take one of the few chances we had( which going on our percentage chances to goals of the last few weeks was unlikely) then we were always going to struggle.  The worst thing though is giving up 3 points which is just unforgivable when a team comes happy for a point.  You need someone in these games who can create something out of nothing or produce that wee bit of magic but we had noone yesterday and with the strikers continuing to fire blanks it's no.surprise we didn't win. We should never have lost though.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s an opinion.

I realise that bit it simply isn't the case. The management team may not be perfect but they are sticklers for fitness and nutritional detail and wouldn't let him near the side if he was overweight or unfit. It's as simple as that. Gone are the days of Brian Scrimegour and Dougie Robertson's getting a game.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why are Montrose playing Peterhead on Tuesday instead of Saturday like everyone else?

Maybe wanted their players to have boxing day to themselves and enjoy their Christmas. We were always going to get beat at some point this season it was just disappointing the manner in which we lost. Big performance needed against Partick, I'd be tempted to drop Dowds and play either Telfer or Morrison off of Sammon as we got joy finding gaps in behind their midfield two of Bannigan and Doherty last time.

Mutch

Mercer Hall Dixon Kelly

Morrison Alston Gomis Connolly

Telfer

Sammon

Edited by FFC 1876