The Falkirk FC Thread

For as long as your club are unable to pay your players the salary to which they are contractually entitled, there should be no "preparing for the transfer window". It should not even be a consideration. And if Scottish football was governed in even a semi-competent manner, it wouldn't be. Until every one of these players been paid in full, you go with the squad you have. 
Pretty solid description of the football supporting blindspot. Most decent working folks would be quite correctly wanting to hit the picket line if their own employer tried that on.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The club couldn't afford his wage requests. The club tabled what they could afford and local businessmen - who have ties to the club - offered to put money in and bridge the gap. What is it about this that's difficult for you to grasp exactly? Dundee are paying precisely what they can afford, Adam is then receiving additional payment from three (I believe) other avenues. 

The players are being paid in full, they agreed the wage cut. Nobody has held a gun to their head, nobody forced them to agree to the terms. Its exactly the same as in any other business. 

It's a good laugh a Dunfermline fan going on about it -a club who made a raft of players redundant with no money when the furlough system was an option available claiming they were skint before then going on a signing splurge. 

Who the fecks the Dunfermline fan? Have you been drinking?😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

What the actual f**k?

Exactly and to think there was no gun held to their head was laughable. If the club were happy enough to keep them all on at their previous wage then they wouldn't have asked them to.take a pay cut. They were obviously informed of what could happen if they didn't.  Or are we stupid enough to believe that the club said to the players fancy taking a pay cut? If you don't it's not a problem we'll just keep paying you what you're on just now. Just thought we'd ask.😂😂

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

What the actual f**k?

I took a 10% pay cut about 10 years ago and worked the occasional Sunday nightshift on a rotation for free to keep the company open and myself in a job. I still haven't reached that level of income I was on all those years ago. I still get paid in full every week as I accepted the new terms. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Who the fecks the Dunfermline fan? Have you been drinking?😂😂😂😂

Looks like I incorrectly guessed due to him having 'PAR' in his name. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I took a 10% pay cut about 10 years ago and worked the occasional Sunday nightshift on a rotation for free to keep the company open and myself in a job. I still haven't reached that level of income I was on all those years ago. I still get paid in full every week as I accepted the new terms. 

Looks like I incorrectly guessed due to him having 'PAR' in his name. 

So using that comparison there was basically a gun held to your head in the form of if you don't take a pay cut you will lose your job as the company will close but that wasn't the case with Dundee players you say?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So using that comparison there was basically a gun held to your head in the form of if you don't take a pay cut you will lose your job as the company will close but that wasn't the case with Dundee players you say?

Sorry, where was the gun held to my head? 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Sorry, where was the gun held to my head? 

You said if you didn't take the pay cut and work for free the company would close and you would lose your job otherwise why would you have taken the pay cut? You had a choice take the wage cut and keep your job or say no and lose it.  You said the Dundee players didn't have guns put to their heads so what was the reason given to them for taking a pay cut and what were they told would be the consequences of them not taking a pay cut? As I said your not telling me that the players were asked to choose between taking a pay cut or continuing to keep the wage they had with no reason for it other than to prevent the owners investing more cash. The players must have been informed about what would happen.if they failed to agree .

With Wales going into lockdown after Christmas and talk of it in England, I wonder if we will see it again in Scotland.   If we do it will be for the common good, but on a selfish note, I just bought a virtual half season ticket, darn. 

6 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

With Wales going into lockdown after Christmas and talk of it in England, I wonder if we will see it again in Scotland.   If we do it will be for the common good, but on a selfish note, I just bought a virtual half season ticket, darn. 

Doubt it will effect pro football. I presume Cardiff and Swansea will still be playing fixtures.  

I see tomorrow's game has now been moved to Sunday with a 12 ko.

Figures being banded about that championship clubs are getting half a million quid each whilst league one are only getting 150k each.  Farcical if true. For a start running a full time club costs far more than a part time and yet likes of alloa and arbroath will be getting more than us Partick and Airdrie.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Just as an aside:

Embdy know if the club shop sells brollys? the website doesn't list them and the phone isn't being answered.

Ta etc.

not seen them advertised this year(they have put images of just about every they sell on social media)  but i have seen them in the past