The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He who's name you do not mention has form on this. Best to ignore him as it only encourages his nonsense. He knew what the other side of the balance sheet was, but hey when did balance come into it.

He intentionally quotes selected bits of information . It's 'Quote Mining'  an attempt to mislead and distort the narrative to further their own.

It's the last refuge of somebody that has lost the argument. 

Ignore him I do 

Wrong again as usual.

scotland has tax revenues of £66bn and expenditure of £81bn, deficit of £15bn paid by RUK.

Check the SG’s own figures prepared by them.

Just having a flick through Twitter though and it seems the majority of Morton fans “hate” Falkirk. I personally wouldn’t want a club to rot or go under but as someone else said no tears will be shed on certain clubs. 
To be fair we bumped their manager and the majority of our fans acted like c***s about it. Swings and roundabouts [emoji1745]

Not saying we should be mourning another club's loss but gloating about it when it could easily be us, and has been in the past, is a bit weird

Wrong again as usual.
scotland has tax revenues of £66bn and expenditure of £81bn, deficit of £15bn paid by RUK.
Check the SG’s own figures prepared by them.
There are a number of threads for this, all of which you are more than welcome to get rinsed on.

There are also a few Rangers threads if you want to finally drop the facade.

39 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

I see that you're off a wee bit of a tangent here, but sorry you've got your hopes up re: Dundee. Our position hasn't changed at all, Dundee's FPS ownership family is worth several hundred million US $'s (certainly extremely minted as far as Scottish football goes) so unless they're planning on packing it in then we're fine. We also have pandemic insurance which has been upheld in the courts thus far, a final appeal will be heard in January, but it is looking favourable that payouts will commence in the spring.

In an effort to stay within our wage structure Dundee and Adam initially couldn't make the numbers work until 3 sponsors agreed to pay the bulk of his wage. Adam also wanted to come home for family reasons so he's now on a sliver of his last wage down south. Now let me make clear that Dundee's owners took over the club willingly and what they are paying out to keep us going doesn't matter a jot to me as I rarely feel sorry for rich people, and I'm not even crazy about the sponsorship for Adam deal, but someone had to set the record straight.

Furthermore we haven't made a single appeal in the press for fans to come back or to have a gov't bailout.

Now I'll let you get back to ranting and raving and hoping that fans of other Scottish clubs wake up tomorrow without a team to support.

Dundee fan trying to take the high road over falkirk, considering your past and what we did for you back in 2011. Total riddy.

12 minutes ago, kiddy said:

44 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

I see that you're off a wee bit of a tangent here, but sorry you've got your hopes up re: Dundee. Our position hasn't changed at all, Dundee's FPS ownership family is worth several hundred million US $'s (certainly extremely minted as far as Scottish football goes) so unless they're planning on packing it in then we're fine. We also have pandemic insurance which has been upheld in the courts thus far, a final appeal will be heard in January, but it is looking favourable that payouts will commence in the spring.

In an effort to stay within our wage structure Dundee and Adam initially couldn't make the numbers work until 3 sponsors agreed to pay the bulk of his wage. Adam also wanted to come home for family reasons so he's now on a sliver of his last wage down south. Now let me make clear that Dundee's owners took over the club willingly and what they are paying out to keep us going doesn't matter a jot to me as I rarely feel sorry for rich people, and I'm not even crazy about the sponsorship for Adam deal, but someone had to set the record straight.

Furthermore we haven't made a single appeal in the press for fans to come back or to have a gov't bailout.

Now I'll let you get back to ranting and raving and hoping that fans of other Scottish clubs wake up tomorrow without a team to support.

If these owners have hundreds of millions of pounds  why did Dundee get their squad to take wage cuts and have to get sponsors to help pay Adams wages. If they are minted this should all have been chicken feed to them.  You of course are probably right and Dundee aren't one of the clubs in financial trouble but I remember hearing the same talk just before Melville pulled the plug and there were begging bowls being banded about at TFS to try and keep your club in business.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolute rubbish!

The SG receives more per head For spending than any other region of the UK other than NI.

Check your facts before spouting such nonsense.

We're a country ya c*nt.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Dundee fan trying to take the high road over falkirk, considering your past and what we did for you back in 2011. Total riddy.

I never mentioned Falkirk. I wish no ill will to any club, well mostly, and I stated specifically that I'm not looking for any club to go down and won't take any joy in it if it happens. Away and have a kip now so you can re-read my post and see that I was simply correcting a wrong.

Edited by CanadianDee

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If these owners have hundreds of millions of pounds  why did Dundee get their squad to take wage cuts and have to get sponsors to help pay Adams wages. If they are minted this should all have been chicken feed to them.  You of course are probably right and Dundee aren't one of the clubs in financial trouble but I remember hearing the same talk just before Melville pulled the plug and there were begging bowls being banded about at TFS to try and keep your club in business.

I've argued the same on here and a Dundee only forum, and I disagreed with asking for cuts and I disagreed with letting youth coaches go, and allowing them to 'volunteer' at doing the jobs they were just let go from. I'll never defend rich planks just because they run Dundee. What the Dundee ownership group is worth is what they're worth, but when they took over they stated that they had a wage structure and plan they wanted to adhere to, and appear to be sticking with it. I don't care what they do with their money as long as they don't pull up stakes in the middle of the night.

I thought folk would be happy to hear that despite the ability to overspend that Dundee are not overspending like days of yore. For the record if Falkirk were going down I'd be personally digging into my pockets to help as outside of a very select few clubs I don't like to see it for the fans of other teams.

28 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

I've argued the same on here and a Dundee only forum, and I disagreed with asking for cuts and I disagreed with letting youth coaches go, and allowing them to 'volunteer' at doing the jobs they were just let go from. I'll never defend rich planks just because they run Dundee. What the Dundee ownership group is worth is what they're worth, but when they took over they stated that they had a wage structure and plan they wanted to adhere to, and appear to be sticking with it. I don't care what they do with their money as long as they don't pull up stakes in the middle of the night.

I thought folk would be happy to hear that despite the ability to overspend that Dundee are not overspending like days of yore. For the record if Falkirk were going down I'd be personally digging into my pockets to help as outside of a very select few clubs I don't like to see it for the fans of other teams.

And yet, despite asking 13 first-team players to take a wage cut, dismissing numerous academy coaches and getting some of them to work for nothing, you've currently got one player on trial with a view to signing in January and are strongly rumoured to be looking to offer a pre-contract to another. I think you'll forgive Falkirk fans cynicism when it comes to Dundee FC's newfound sense of fiscal responsibility. 

15 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Hopkin paying players out his own pocket, cant help but think that in amongst that list Raith will be amongst them, maybe they could start a crowd funder the last time they were pleading poverty or ask the other clubs to help fund them:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-government-warned-critical-championship-23178871

Our chairman/owner John Sim stated a few months ago that we will be fine this season if fans aren't allowed back in. 

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

And yet, despite asking 13 first-team players to take a wage cut, dismissing numerous academy coaches and getting some of them to work for nothing, you've currently got one player on trial with a view to signing in January and are strongly rumoured to be looking to offer a pre-contract to another. I think you'll forgive Falkirk fans cynicism when it comes to Dundee FC's newfound sense of fiscal responsibility. 

You or Falkirk fans are under no obligation to believe anything regarding Dundee FC. I don't know the owners personally either so I can't vouch for their intentions - longterm or otherwise. As I've stated I've been against some of their recent fiscal moves as I won't defend rich guys pinching pennies that they won't miss during an especially trying time such as a once a century pandemic.

I simply thought I'd clarify a couple of things that were not being accurately portrayed. It would seem as though Dundee FC being fiscally irresponsible in the past angers a few of you and Dundee FC being more fiscally reponsible now also seems to bother some of you. 

As far as I know we are planning on finishing the season and attempting to appear as though we know what we are doing on a football pitch (very little evidence on show so far this season) so surely preparing for the transfer window and beyond would be prudent unless we plan to take a sabbatical from participating in the league for awhile. We also have a number of players rumoured to be moving on in January so would that make it better?

Anyways we're probably starting to re-tread over stuff already covered so I'll bow out now. Maybe you lads should scrutinise our neighbours over the road spending 135% of revenue on players salaries alone whilst making a public plea for gov't money a month after agreeing to take on McNulty for 5k per week.

Dundee have not asked to rush fans back or for gov't funding for what it's worth.

Edited by CanadianDee

8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I'm sorry, what did Falkirk "do for Dundee" almost a decade ago? 

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dundee got the squad to take wage cuts because they want the club to be self sustainable, like any right minded business group would. Ultimately, they're here to try and make money - they've consistently plugged shortfalls in a normal economic climate - its only fair they ask for a little back when the world turns upside down. 

As for your Charlie Adam point, it was discussed with yourself numerous times before. Sponsors are paying part of his wage because the club aren't willing to overstretch itself. Again, like any right minded business group would. If he wasn't able to be accommodated from outwith the club to reach a wage he was happy with - he wouldn't be at the club. I'm not really sure why you've tried to take a swipe at the club after this has been explained to you over and over but here we are. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

8 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

You've contradicted yourself straight away. If they wanted to adhere to a wage structure when they took over they wouldn't have then asked all the players to take a pay cut. That's adhering to nowt and certainly not sticking with it.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm sorry, what did Falkirk "do for Dundee" almost a decade ago? 

Dundee got the squad to take wage cuts because they want the club to be self sustainable, like any right minded business group would. Ultimately, they're here to try and make money - they've consistently plugged shortfalls in a normal economic climate - its only fair they ask for a little back when the world turns upside down. 

As for your Charlie Adam point, it was discussed with yourself numerous times before. Sponsors are paying part of his wage because the club aren't willing to overstretch itself. Again, like any right minded business group would. If he wasn't able to be accommodated from outwith the club to reach a wage he was happy with - he wouldn't be at the club. I'm not really sure why you've tried to take a swipe at the club after this has been explained to you over and over but here we are. 

Were these players contracts not originally agreed by this very same group of owners though? Different if they were legacy contracts from previous custodians of the club but if you've got hundreds of millions of pounds and have agreed contracts with players the least you can do is honour then I would say.

Surely these sponsors would have been far better using that cash to keep some of those made redundant in a  job rather than pay for a player that the club actually can't afford.  And if they aren't willing to do that then I'd say they aren't really the kind of sponsors you want in the first place. 

Oh and we gave you cash to help keep you running when you went bust for the second time.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely these sponsors would have been far better using that cash to keep some of those made redundant in a  job rather than pay for a player that the club actually can't afford.  And if they aren't willing to do that then I'd say they aren't really the kind of sponsors you want in the first place.

In an ideal world, yes. The same as billionaires would put their cash into somewhat putting a halt to destitution and poverty. 

The club can afford the player, the amount of money the club is paying the player falls within a set structure. Again, this has been explained to you repeatedly. 

Sponsors willing to improve the playing squad aren't sponsors you'd want involved in your club? That probably explains Falkirk's current standing in the football pyramid then. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

In an ideal world, yes. The same as billionaires would put their cash into somewhat putting a halt to destitution and poverty. 

The club can afford the player, the amount of money the club is paying the player falls within a set structure. Again, this has been explained to you repeatedly. 

Sponsors willing to improve the playing squad aren't sponsors you'd want involved in your club? That probably explains Falkirk's current standing in the football pyramid then. 

That's not what was explained to me though. I was told by your fellow fans that the club couldn't afford him and so sponsors were paying towards his wages. It's either one or the other surely. Our fans step in when it's really needed not just to fund luxury players thankfully as that very rarely provides any major benefits. When we ridiculously  closed our academy local guys stepped in and offered to fund it. The club for some crazy reason refused but thankfully didn't say no but any chance you could fund so and so's wages as we can't normally afford him otherwise. We've made a load of mistakes like yourselves on the pitch but thankfully off it we're financially sound and haven't suffered the embarrassment of renaging on players contracts. 

6 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

As far as I know we are planning on finishing the season and attempting to appear as though we know what we are doing on a football pitch (very little evidence on show so far this season) so surely preparing for the transfer window and beyond would be prudent unless we plan to take a sabbatical from participating in the league for awhile. We also have a number of players rumoured to be moving on in January so would that make it better?

For as long as your club are unable to pay your players the salary to which they are contractually entitled, there should be no "preparing for the transfer window". It should not even be a consideration. And if Scottish football was governed in even a semi-competent manner, it wouldn't be. Until every one of these players been paid in full, you go with the squad you have. 

49 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's not what was explained to me though. I was told by your fellow fans that the club couldn't afford him and so sponsors were paying towards his wages. It's either one or the other surely. 

The club couldn't afford his wage requests. The club tabled what they could afford and local businessmen - who have ties to the club - offered to put money in and bridge the gap. What is it about this that's difficult for you to grasp exactly? Dundee are paying precisely what they can afford, Adam is then receiving additional payment from three (I believe) other avenues. 

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

For as long as your club are unable to pay your players the salary to which they are contractually entitled, there should be no "preparing for the transfer window". It should not even be a consideration. And if Scottish football was governed in even a semi-competent manner, it wouldn't be. Until every one of these players been paid in full, you go with the squad you have. 

The players are being paid in full, they agreed the wage cut. Nobody has held a gun to their head, nobody forced them to agree to the terms. Its exactly the same as in any other business. 

It's a good laugh a Dunfermline fan going on about it -a club who made a raft of players redundant with no money when the furlough system was an option available claiming they were skint before then going on a signing splurge.