The Falkirk FC Thread

A round of games unbeaten is something we would rarely if ever achieve outwith L1. Even a much simpler statistic has been rare these past few seasons.....winning back to back league games. Not the most demanding of asks, but one we haven’t achieved that often (until now).

It's the first season in years we're not calling out for replacements in January. Mercer's took a lot of stick recently but I think the past two games he's been solid, even got himself a goal today.

M&M's people skills have played a big role this season as they've got everybody giving 100% so we actually look like a team this season as opposed to a group of individuals and everybody seems to have bought into their philosophy. 

19 cup finals to go starting with Airdrie next week. Trying not to get too far ahead of ourselves but it's a very good sign that even when we're not playing well we're still grinding out wins.

The only team I'm worried of us losing to is Partick and I'd be confident playing against them. This is definitely much better now, today we didn't really play amazing and won 3-0, that's the way it should be. 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's the first season in years we're not calling out for replacements in January. Mercer's took a lot of stick recently but I think the past two games he's been solid, even got himself a goal today.

M&M's people skills have played a big role this season as they've got everybody giving 100% so we actually look like a team this season as opposed to a group of individuals and everybody seems to have bought into their philosophy. 

19 cup finals to go starting with Airdrie next week. Trying not to get too far ahead of ourselves but it's a very good sign that even when we're not playing well we're still grinding out wins.

19 games left seems so insanely short I had to double check it was actually right.

Given the platform we’ve given ourselves with the 6 point gap a shortened season can hopefully only help us 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

A centre half in January would be a bonus just in case injuries rear up in the second half of the season. 

I don't think M&M will want to mess with the squad balance and atmosphere in January so although we all know Durnan's rank it's very unlikely we'll see him out the door. May see Sneddon and Laverty go out on loan which could allow us some room for manouvre if anyone we fancy becomes available.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Hearing two going out on loan, and with Keena back not expecting too much traffic inwards 

We're in the advantaged position that we don't need to take anything that comes our way especially as January is usually full of dud signings but if someone of interest becomes available then we may see one in.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We're in the advantaged position that we don't need to take anything that comes our way especially as January is usually full of dud signings but if someone of interest becomes available then we may see one in.

It's far easier to add to a squad in January than to overhaul one completely.  At least we don't have to panic sign a da vita again.

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

For me Morrison is one of these players that has a great attitude, great technique and a fantastic engine, but a guy that needs confidence. Interestingly a few Hearts guys I know are split down the middle with him leaving... for me he has played exceptionally well and maybe just off the boil at present.

Very few wingers do it week in week out if any. I think his workrate makes up for when he is not particularly flash on his attacking attributes.

I noticed Dixon having an arm around Morrison after the Telfer goal which is good to see him trying to influence him with his experience on him. I still feel Dixon should've been at centre half last season and season afore, reads the game and his experience makes all the difference to the defence.

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Very few wingers do it week in week out if any. I think his workrate makes up for when he is not particularly flash on his attacking attributes.

I noticed Dixon having an arm around Morrison after the Telfer goal which is good to see him trying to influence him with his experience on him. I still feel Dixon should've been at centre half last season and season afore, reads the game and his experience makes all the difference to the defence.

Yeah Morrison looked disappointed at getting subbed off today but Lee Miller was straight over with the arm round him and he's going to need that this season. Very much a confidence player and even though he wasn't involved much today is mere presence in the team free's up space for others.

45 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah Morrison looked disappointed at getting subbed off today but Lee Miller was straight over with the arm round him and he's going to need that this season. Very much a confidence player and even though he wasn't involved much today is mere presence in the team free's up space for others.

Yep both M&M have emphasized repeatedly it's a team game....that includes many of the players some of us don't rate.

The difference in fight since M&M took over is night and day from MacKinnon, no real primadonna's in the squad