The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Telfer has stepped up big time recently too! 

Getting performances out of Telfer and Sammon is the biggest positive for Miller/McCracken I would say. Both looking like the players I thought we were getting last summer.

Four points from the next two games would leave us in a very good position. Fully expect both ourselves and Thistle to go up when all is said and done right enough. 

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Getting performances out of Telfer and Sammon is the biggest positive for Miller/McCracken I would say. Both looking like the players I thought we were getting last summer.

Four points from the next two games would leave us in a very good position. Fully expect both ourselves and Thistle to go up when all is said and done right enough. 

Aye we are looking good so far. I can only see us improving when Keena is fit, Connolly gets match fit and Hall and Dixon spend more time playing together.

Very promising.

31 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Thought we were just needing some simple positional changes and we’d be not far away. For me me Dixon/Hall, Mercer or Millar and Telfer/Morrison is working well. Dowds keeps on improving.

Sammon; most improved player in terms of application, attitude and not looking disinterested.

Telfer seems to have been hampered by being constantly played out of position, not just with us but over a lot of his career. His passing was great today, he definitely has the vision and skill to open a defence. I don't think it should be a choice between Telfer & Morrison, as they're very different players who should be playing in different positions, but Telfer and Alston.

I like Morrison for his enthusiasm, pace and willingness to take defenders on but I don't think he's just quite as good as most folk think. I wonder if defenders are starting to suss him out as I thought he was pretty anonymous today. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted that we've got him, but I wonder if we're putting too much pressure on the lad?

Another win without actually playing particularly well today and that bodes well going forward. Defence was solid, Telfer & Gomis looked good together in the middle of the park as neither of them are afraid to get on the ball. Thought Dowds and Mercer had good games today with the former in desperate need for a goal for his confidence. Morrison wasn't really involved again today but that's because teams pay him extra attention.

Disappointed we never got to see Laverty get a run out and Francis showed when he came on why he's been benched. Liked the look of Lang for them reminded me of Peter Grant in that he just looked to love the physical side of the game. Didn't quite work out at Dunfermline but maybe worth a punt at the end of the season.

6 point lead at the 1/3 mark is a fantastic start. The best part for me is that I don’t even really feel we’re at top gear. We’re just going out there and winning against teams that we’re better than. I think we have a great chance to win the league.

As said before if teams are trying to muffle Callum then it is leaving space for Telfer. Teams will now see this and the marking will change. Good position for us. Connelly is also getting back up to speed so this also gives us options.

Thought Hall was outstanding today. It shows the managers that it was Durnan playing in Halls natural position that was the problem. Dixon has admitted that his legs are not good enough for the wing back role for 90 mins but his football brain and more importantly his communication make him a great CH. 6 points in the next two games and we can look forward to a better league next year

Just been thinking of something. If we win or avoid defeat next Saturday we'll have gone through the first round of league matches unbeaten. When was the last time that happened? 

Not since we got relegated from the SPL, and certainly not when we were in it. Which takes us back at least fifteen years. 

We won the league in 2004/05 but I remember us losing the first game of the season at Love St when John O Neill got a straight red for what I think was an alleged spitting incident. 

We also won it wo years before that, in our final season at Brockville. Jobbie got us off to a great start. We won every one of our first eight games and were unbeaten until the very last match of the first quarter, when we went up to Arbroath. I can vaguely recall rumours that he'd just told the players he was leaving for Tannadice. Which may explain why we lost 2-0.

I can't be bothered checking further back tonight, but I'll have a look through the stats tomorrow. It must be a hell of a long time ago though. Prior to Jobbie's side, the best team I saw was the Stainrod one and it only clicked after a 2-2 draw in thick fog at Dens Park. At which point I'm sure we'd already lost three or four games. And that was around 1990. 

So at least 30 years since we went through an opening quarter (or third in this case) unbeaten? Anyone know for sure, or care to check up and save me the bother? 

Just been thinking of something. If we win or avoid defeat next Saturday we'll have gone through the first round of league matches unbeaten. When was the last time that happened? 
Not since we got relegated from the SPL, and certainly not when we were in it. Which takes us back at least fifteen years. 
We won the league in 2004/05 but I remember us losing the first game of the season at Love St when John O Neill got a straight red for what I think was an alleged spitting incident. 
We also won it wo years before that, in our final season at Brockville. Jobbie got us off to a great start. We won every one of our first eight games and were unbeaten until the very last match of the first quarter, when we went up to Arbroath. I can vaguely recall rumours that he'd just told the players he was leaving for Tannadice. Which may explain why we lost 2-0.
I can't be bothered checking further back tonight, but I'll have a look through the stats tomorrow. It must be a hell of a long time ago though. Prior to Jobbie's side, the best team I saw was the Stainrod one and it only clicked after a 2-2 draw in thick fog at Dens Park. At which point I'm sure we'd already lost three or four games. And that was around 1990. 
So at least 30 years since we went through an opening quarter (or third in this case) unbeaten? Anyone know for sure, or care to check up and save me the bother? 
Well that's next Saturday fucking jinxed then.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

6 point lead at the 1/3 mark is a fantastic start. The best part for me is that I don’t even really feel we’re at top gear. We’re just going out there and winning against teams that we’re better than. I think we have a great chance to win the league.

Hope you're right! (Hopefully even more than 6)