The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Hearts are ready to talk to Andy Irving about a new long term deal, is it just another player that never “clicked with us” ?

He was 18 and playing in a relegation battle with a totally duff set of players. That said, he really lacked stamina,understandable at that age,wasn't pacy either. Would have been difficult to click at all in those circumstances. 

I've watched a few Hearts games since he left us and not been impressed with Irving tbh. Don't get me wrong, he's improved a lot and would walk in to our current team, but if I were Hearts I'd be looking for better. Though maybe theyve finally learned their lesson and are trying to improve home grown players rather than signing swathes of foreign dross on enormous wages 

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Hearts are ready to talk to Andy Irving about a new long term deal, is it just another player that never “clicked with us” ?

I think it's very harsh to put the blame on him, I think it's more a case of we never utilised him as effectively as we should have. The talent in him was plain to see and to be honest I was disappointed when we sent him back to Hearts. Sprayed the ball well, always looked to pick a forward pass and considering he was only 18 he never shyed away from getting on the ball which is more than can be said for some that season. Got to remember as well he was replaced in midfield by diddies like Osman and Buaben.

Irving flattered to deceive if you ask me. Hid in far too many games and wanted to keep hold of the ball far too long. Seen far better 18 year olds at Falkirk over the past decade or so. He like the vast majority of hearts youngsters that have been fawned over  will go nowhere. Wasn't that long ago they were raving about Harry Cochrane and now he's struggling to get a game for Montrose. Moore was another who will soon end up in league one or two.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Irving flattered to deceive if you ask me. Hid in far too many games and wanted to keep hold of the ball far too long. Seen far better 18 year olds at Falkirk over the past decade or so. He like the vast majority of hearts youngsters that have been fawned over  will go nowhere. Wasn't that long ago they were raving about Harry Cochrane and now he's struggling to get a game for Montrose. Moore was another who will soon end up in league one or two.

The same Harry Cochrane that's started in 4 out of the 5/6 league games he's been at Montrose? I think his problem is down to attitude but you can't really blame the kid when you look at some of the press articles released when he first broke into the Hearts team. 

5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

He looked our best signing tbh for me and signed a day or two before his debut.

He wasnt a superstar just looked capable

On 07/12/2020 at 14:39, 60`s bairn said:

Meant to add this one in...a nice wee "Dink" past Bryn Halliwell from the penalty spot!!

R Latapy penalty.jpg

Have watched Falkirk since the mid 60's and there are a handful of Falkirk players that I can honestly say got me on the tips of my toes in anticipation when they got the ball. George Miller - Alex Scott - Kevin McAllister - Simon Stainrod - Russell Latapy - Anthony Stokes. All had subline skill and the confidence in their ability to pull it off. Different style of players with different skills but all class all the same.

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

The same Harry Cochrane that's started in 4 out of the 5/6 league games he's been at Montrose? I think his problem is down to attitude but you can't really blame the kid when you look at some of the press articles released when he first broke into the Hearts team. 

Yeah the same Harry Cochrane that was going to be the next big thing. How many of these hearts superstar youngsters really made it to top level? Jordan McGhee, Callumn Morrison, Jamie walker, Harry Cochrane,  Anthony Macdonald, Lewis Moore. Before them were the likes of Callum Elliot and Gary glen . Wouldn't be surprised if hickeys back in the spfl in a year or so as well.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Have watched Falkirk since the mid 60's and there are a handful of Falkirk players that I can honestly say got me on the tips of my toes in anticipation when they got the ball. George Miller - Alex Scott - Kevin McAllister - Simon Stainrod - Russell Latapy - Anthony Stokes. All had subline skill and the confidence in their ability to pull it off. Different style of players with different skills but all class all the same.

Not "Johnny G" ???